Sign in to follow this  
Samool

New UI Public Testing

1 hour ago, Antony said:

It's rather annoying, opening a BSB and having to expand the window to see the quantity of items.

Is your BSB locked to a small window? If so then I can see why you would have to resize it every time you open it.

7L80VXe.png

Just found another interesting thing for the login Inventory.

On Old client you inventory would be open 1 level, however the Body was never open one level. Now everything I log in I get 1 level open on everything including containers ..

Wlli47c.png

Edited by SmackedDown
image URL

New hotfix coming out in a minute, changelog below:

Spoiler
  • Added a mouse sensitivity option to the settings - this option applies to both first and third person
  • Added an on-screen warning message about throwing items when enabling ranged mode
  • Added detailed item hover information to items in creation window
  • Added item description to the item tooltips
  • Added item weight to the item tooltips
  • Added bulk item amount to the item tooltips
  • Detailed item tooltips will no longer appear when dragging items, instead showing what they're being dragged into
  • Tweaked skill window minimum size
  • Changed font on healthbar text
  • Tweaked draggable area of windows
  • Fixed chat tabs appearing below the chat window's top border
  • Fixed world portal window showing up empty
  • Fixed off-center improve item icon
  • Fixed runes showing enchant value
  • Fixed small text/number input boxes not showing the contents properly and scrolling too early
  • Fixed map annotations appearing in other places than the cursor
  • Fixed /support command

Thanks for all the feedback so far. We'll be working on adding back some better font size options for certain windows such as chat and inventory type windows, as that seems to be a common request, and we're still going through some other issues.

Additionally, we're looking at giving the default and repeat actions a bit of a redo as it seems the implementation is much less than ideal, but that may take some more time.

If there are any critical ones we've missed, feel free to also repost the issue into the client bugs section, we're working through all the posts here but some reports may require some more information on the problem and it'd be easier to follow up on them that way.

• Like 13

Dont know if someone has already ask this are not . but is there going to be a option to use the old UI if we wish ?

• Like 1

It might be my old eyes, but I didn't see whether the COD problem was fixed.  Can we charge less and a gold?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTrickster said:

It might be my old eyes, but I didn't see whether the COD problem was fixed.  Can we charge less and a gold?

The answer - repeatedly given - is no. Personally, I regret, but respect that. I reckon that it would be unacceptable effort e.g. to maintain and support a client with old UI like the one with then new UI now. Technically, it seems feasible to me though.

Not sure if this was mentioned but when adding to the crafting window the information on whatever it is you are crafting are hiding partially in the crafting window(added a screenshot to show what I mean by that)...also I noticed I have to click several times or move my mouse elsewhere to open a container to embark a cart or for different actions I want to do with the new UI.

awL3QVI.jpg

9 hours ago, Samool said:

New hotfix coming out in a minute, changelog below:

Hide contents
  • Added a mouse sensitivity option to the settings - this option applies to both first and third person
  • Added an on-screen warning message about throwing items when enabling ranged mode
  • Added detailed item hover information to items in creation window
  • Added item description to the item tooltips
  • Added item weight to the item tooltips
  • Added bulk item amount to the item tooltips
  • Detailed item tooltips will no longer appear when dragging items, instead showing what they're being dragged into
  • Tweaked skill window minimum size
  • Changed font on healthbar text
  • Tweaked draggable area of windows
  • Fixed chat tabs appearing below the chat window's top border
  • Fixed world portal window showing up empty
  • Fixed off-center improve item icon
  • Fixed runes showing enchant value
  • Fixed small text/number input boxes not showing the contents properly and scrolling too early
  • Fixed map annotations appearing in other places than the cursor
  • Fixed /support command

Thanks for all the feedback so far. We'll be working on adding back some better font size options for certain windows such as chat and inventory type windows, as that seems to be a common request, and we're still going through some other issues.

Additionally, we're looking at giving the default and repeat actions a bit of a redo as it seems the implementation is much less than ideal, but that may take some more time.

If there are any critical ones we've missed, feel free to also repost the issue into the client bugs section, we're working through all the posts here but some reports may require some more information on the problem and it'd be easier to follow up on them that way.

Having filters on more things like bsb window, backpacks, chests etc. would be extremly nice :) 

• Like 1

Is there an issue with the courrier service?  I have a rare mailbox 92 Courrier, sent myself some mail it said it would arrive in less than 10 minutes but it took exactly 10 minutes to arrive...

[10:57:24] <Shagsangel> [10:43:13] Courier has been cast on it, so it is possessed by some messenger spirits. [92]

[10:57:29] <Shagsangel> [10:45:48] A decorated model of a castle that works as a mailbox. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It could be improved with some stone shards. Ql: 34.0697, Dam: 0.0.

[10:57:43] <Shagsangel> [10:42:51] The items silently disappear from the spirit castle. You expect them to arrive in less than ten minutes.

[10:57:50] <Shagsangel> [10:52:18] You sense imps whispering your name and saying you have 1 mail waiting to be picked up.

This was sent from myself to myself to test the COD on the new UI server.

Mail time is 101-cast power. I’ve checked for mail and received it before getting the mail has arrived message. There is some amount of delay from when you are able to accept mail to when message appears. The time in your logs is 9 min 27 sec (which is less than 10 min). The cast values are actually rounded to whole numbers (so you don’t ever know exact value of cast). 

Edited by LionIX

The UI would not affect mailing times.

4 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Yes, that's fixed with the input box bugfix.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Having filters on more things like bsb window, backpacks, chests etc. would be extremly nice :) 

This !!!!!

There are still quirks, which are getting worked out. It still feels bulky, to much padding on elements. Hoping a Slim version will be available by Steam Launch.

All that being said, It's growing on me. I see that we will get some future control over text size. \o/ Makes me a happy camper.

Things that would be nice to add or change.

Crafting window:

1. To be able to make this smaller it takes up so much roo, on my screen(23 inch).

2. Can we please be able to repair our tools using mouse over and pressing a bound key, like we can on the tool belt.

Fighting window.

1.This is another real estate hog. Need this to be smaller or at least the option for this to be smaller.

2. Can we rename ranged to something like "Throwing", this might help to let newer players know that you throw things with this activated. (I like the new, "You will throw things with this activated warning."

3. Can we have the window expand up as a option instead of just below.

4. In combat it needs to be noticeable when you can use a attack.(I haven't been in a fight yet today, to see if something was changed in client update today.)Shieldbash is a option even when you have no shield.

5. Filter! I want to be able to filter in more windows!

I'm sure there is more. But I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee, brians in a fog.

Nice job on new UI. :)

• Like 2

also would it be possible to see which rune is aplied on tooltip instead of just Rune and effect of rune on details?

V8xPqa6.png

when something is 100ql 1 is sligthly cut in fsb/bsb/invetory no matter how much you resize window, i don't think it was the case before new fix update

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kochinac said:

1 is sligthly cut

1 is completely missing from the QL column in my inventory window (however large I resize it).

m6eP6W5.jpg?1

Windowed re-sizeable client on 90% UI size.

resolution scale 100%, UI scale 90%.  seems to show the full "100.00" around UI scale 110%

mgiDObk.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kochinac said:

V8xPqa6.png

when something is 100ql 1 is sligthly cut in fsb/bsb/invetory no matter how much you resize window, i don't think it was the case before new fix update

48 minutes ago, Noizhead said:

resolution scale 100%, UI scale 90%.  seems to show the full "100.00" around UI scale 110%

mgiDObk.png

50 minutes ago, Muse said:

1 is completely missing from the QL column in my inventory window (however large I resize it).

m6eP6W5.jpg?1

Windowed re-sizeable client on 90% UI size.

Mine is 100% UI scale, so yeah i guess it would be visible at 110%

Any work being done on opening mob corps  to make window certain size and stay that way ?

As is its way to big , same as old client ..

Just remove F and R auto hotkey binds and add option to bind last action ...

What are the small boxes under the fight positions in combat window ? special moves ?

Looking good so far keep up the good work ...

Can potency be added to healing covers when hovered over?

gLamRrx.jpg

• Like 2

To further explain what I meant about the up and down arrows in chat (the little white arrows above and below the scroll bar).

Old UI: q79pWPc.png?1  New UI:8yFtCL4.jpg?1

These arrows (from the old UI - ringed in red in first picture) provide much needed functionality and allow players to scan up through chat one line at a time, which is vital when there is a large amount of chat.  The scroll bar alone (new UI - second picture) is not precise enough to find specific comments, especially as new text comes in.  I am finding it impossible to follow chat on my laptop touch pad, without these scroll arrows.  I really don't know why they were removed, as there is no substitute for their function.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Shagsangel said:

Is there an issue with the courrier service?  I have a rare mailbox 92 Courrier, sent myself some mail it said it would arrive in less than 10 minutes but it took exactly 10 minutes to arrive...

[10:57:24] <Shagsangel> [10:43:13] Courier has been cast on it, so it is possessed by some messenger spirits. [92]

[10:57:29] <Shagsangel> [10:45:48] A decorated model of a castle that works as a mailbox. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It could be improved with some stone shards. Ql: 34.0697, Dam: 0.0.

[10:57:43] <Shagsangel> [10:42:51] The items silently disappear from the spirit castle. You expect them to arrive in less than ten minutes.

[10:57:50] <Shagsangel> [10:52:18] You sense imps whispering your name and saying you have 1 mail waiting to be picked up.

This was sent from myself to myself to test the COD on the new UI server.

You said it took exactly 10 minutes to arrive, but here you present us with timestamps showing that your mail arrive in under 10 minutes...

Hopefully this helps you out:
Your mail was sent at 10:42:51. 
Your mail arrived at 10:52:18
Let's convert the two numbers into seconds, but we'll ignore the 10 hours, because that's the same on both. 
So we have mail sent at 42*60 + 51 = 2571 seconds
and mail arrived at 52*60 + 18 = 3138 seconds
3138 - 2571 = 567 seconds.  10 minutes = 600 seconds, so you can see right here that your mail arrived in 33 seconds under 10 minutes, which is more than 9 minutes, but less than ten, so the messages are absolutely correct.

Another way for those who are math-phobic is to look at the time stamps, and to simply add 10 minutes  10:42:51 + 10 minutes = 10:52:51. The mail arrived before 10:52:51, therefore it took less than 10 minutes

Edited by Arronicus
typo, formatting

Good update. I'm specifically happy with:

> Edited mouse sensitivity option so that it effects 3rd person view too (and retains the setting after a relog)

> Changed font on the health bar

> map annotations

But the map window still does not remember its position or remain locked upon logging back in. I use the map often, wish it would remember its position like the other windows, and remain locked when I lock it.

1 hour ago, Muse said:

To further explain what I meant about the up and down arrows in chat (the little white arrows above and below the scroll bar).

Old UI: q79pWPc.png?1  New UI:8yFtCL4.jpg?1

I'd like to see the arrows return too for the reasons you describe. Additionally, I'd love to see an "expand" option to expand chat up a bit. This would be helpful for people that use smaller chat windows to preserve window space but need to get a better view of more chat lines every so often to read more of it but without resizing the chat window because the expand up option would only be temporary, to get the full context of chat or to read more at once. Not sure how best to incorporate this. I'd say put an expand button where the X is because I don't imagine chat ever getting closed. But then people that do use the X would not be happy. Maybe a double click within the chat border would expand it up and then another double click would toggle it back down?

17 hours ago, Samool said:

We'll be working on adding back some better font size options for certain windows such as chat and inventory type windows, as that seems to be a common request

Thank you! That is sorely needed. It will enable users like myself to scale down the windows but still be able to read text clearly.

Edited by Whane
  • Like 1

When clicking items on the toolbelt I very often get the hand cursor and item in drag mode for a short moment before releasing the mouse button. It looks glitchy. There needs to be a small delay added before drag starts.