Sign in to follow this  
Samool

New UI Public Testing

Re-sizeable window on 90% UI size:

I have quite a small chat window setup.

Local, Alliance, Village and CA Help are on the 1st row

GL Freedom, Freedom and Trade are on the 2nd row above

TiayHbo.jpg?1

Sometimes when I send someone a PM - the whole 1st row vanishes (Local, Alliance, Village and CA Help tabs disappear)

and the former 2nd row tabs (GL Freedom, Freedom and Trade) drop down to become the new first row tabs

pVBxq0q.jpg?1

When I close the PM message, I get the old first row back again and the old 2nd row goes back up to its original place.

blmKcdG.jpg?1

1. There needs to be a way to remove a keybind in the settings without having to replace it with another key. I.E. I want the option to have no bind.
  2. When using the console to set sensitivity <0-9>  this setting is not remembered in 3rd person view after a relog so I have to redo the console command every time I log in. Would also like to see this as a setting within the settings window (it determines sensitivity looking in 3rd person view and also left click look mode).
  3. There should be an option to disable tool tips.
  4. Scale should be split into 2 settings, one for text scale, and one for windows scale (you're killing my screen real-estate). -or- return font size options like we had in classic, or, let all windows be resized, or all of the above.
  5. Will all images used on the GUI eventually be updated because right now half look new and half look old. The old icons look out of place with the changes you've made in the new UI. For example, tool belt icons, quick bar icons, and the icons on the select bar.
  6. With a higher scale (125% or more) some of the old icons mentioned above look bad because the image is stretched beyond the actual frame of the image size. They need to be made larger to look good when users have a higher scale. This applies to the compass too.
  7. Would like to see an option to set the length of time in seconds that the "in-world action text" (examine popup) will be visible for. Or the option to mouse over it to keep it visible, until the mouse is moved away from it. Or both.
  8. The in-world action text is still missing Rune information even though the rune information is present in the Event window.
  9. When targeting a mob at distance, its avatar does not become visible within the targeting box until you move in close to attack. On the former UI you would have a visual of that avatar before moving into attack range.
  10. The map does not remember its last position, even when the window is locked. And after a relog, a locked map becomes unlocked.

Thanks for fixing chat and event windows so that they can be resized to less than 8 lines of text. It's amazing how just 6 lines of text seems to boost visibility of the world.

Edited by Whane
  • Like 2

CTRL Drag is awesome and has far greater potential! :) 

I am loving being able to drag corpses straight into my cart. Good.

I love being able to drag crates onto my cart.  Great.

What would be good is to be able to drag the crate back onto the ground in front of my cart.

What would be really good is to drag a crate out of a crate rack onto the ground.

What would be really really good would be to use CTRL Drag to drag a crate up into a crate rack whilst standing next to it, without going near a vehicle

You've proved it can be done. ;) 

Thanks for this feature.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 5:23 AM, Samool said:

Default action key has been added - bound to F by default (DEFAULT_ACTION), it suggests and puts behind a single keybind the preferred contextual action. The action set is basic at the moment and could use some more suggestions on the more common actions.

Not sure if this is helpful, but the suggestion I have is to make any option we can choose in a right-click menu on the objects we interact with "checkable," in doing so choosing the default option that would happen next time you mouse over and press the "DEFAULT_ACTION" key on that item.

Hope I explained this well enough to understand what I mean...

-amsedal

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, amsedal said:

Not sure if this is helpful, but the suggestion I have is to make any option we can choose in a right-click menu on the objects we interact with "checkable," in doing so choosing the default option that would happen next time you mouse over and press the "DEFAULT_ACTION" key on that item.

Hope I explained this well enough to understand what I mean...

-amsedal

Yes, you explained it well. I know it’s hard for the devs to know what the default action should be. Some way for the player to customize what the default action they want for a given situation would be great.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Amata said:

Overall, I like this "first draft" of taking the GUI in a new direction,  more in line with current gaming standards & expectations. Are there problems to sort out? Yes. But I expect these to be fixed, if not now, then eventually with future iterations and updates. That's just how these things work. Heard a rumor that moving to a new UI format is the first step toward eventually allowing for player-made skins; would very much like to see that option :) That said, I definitely want to give my 2 irons about the good, bad, and ugly: 

etc, etc.

Pretty much everything I came here to say Amata just said quite eloquently. +1 on it all.

How can I make a shortcut to preview client without having to choose each time?

• Cat 1

10 hours ago, Amata said:

F and R keys. I know some players hate them already...

It's not that i hate them, on contrary i like them, but they are not working to full potential and currently are quite messy..

I'll repeat myself once again about them. 

Default action should be more diverse in comparing activated tools and objects, right now 70% of time is bind for open.. The most important thing Default_action and Repeat_action doesn't work for items in invetory and items in container which is around 60% of my interaction in game which is quite bad as i cant utilize them for imping, harvesting herbs from pots and what not. It also for some reason selectivly works for milking over hitched animals, and other animals than sheep of certain age, i managed to get hover with repeat action for milk only for couple sheep that where aged i belive and not hitched. Suggestion for default actions: On meditation rug maybe it would be better to be Meditate and not Take, when having bucket activated should be milk over animals that can be milked(also harvest over maple when in season), butcher knife over corpse should be butcher and then open after butchering, activated rope should give you lead on animals, and the ride for rideable ones, can't thing of more now but i'm sure there are plenty of more cases. in fact maybe having table in settings where you could set default action for specific tool activated might not be bad idea...

Last night tried harvesting olives using new client and default_action/repeat and it was working fine but it kinda prevents you to utilize queing actions so one might argue that you are still better of with several keys bind ad hoc 

• Like 1

F and R keys.

Nice idea.. BUT.. they don't work very well. It seems sort of random when something "sticks" for repeating. I'm not sure what makes it stick or not at this point but many times I can do something repeatedly, like buting with a shovel activated but the repeat option just doesn't appear, and then all of a sudden it does for a while.

And an idea.. why not add a secondary default option "Q" too? Like butcher, bury etc. on animals that are also containers, now the default action is Open for all those.

And, another idea,  if you have a tool in your toolbelt, or maybe only if in first or second slot of toolbelt, make them auto activate when using default actions.

• Like 1

Toggle over expand my CCFP bar flashes up and down and won't stop even after a relog for /lotime sometimes it'll stop if I don't move my toon and start again and other times it works fine and other times it moves non stop.

Would it be possible to allow a feature to NOT move the floating tabs to by any chance?  It's so easy to move them by accident it would be nice to have a feature to enable floating tabs or not :) 

On 7/3/2020 at 4:40 PM, Ecrir said:

Adding annotations seems to be out of alignment for me with the annotation ending up 1 tile further to the right and half a tile to the bottom. I've got a 21:9 resolution (3440x1440) in windowed mode.

True, I'm on 1920x1080 windowed, annotations show up about 1 tile to the left and half a tile up from where I actually clicked to add the annotation, only in preview client.

Here we have the humble tar of unknowing quality being dropped in the fuel bsb, 

TVJmdSf.jpg

Here we have the same humble tar which is QL 36 with no damage but no idea which bin that is, could do with retaining that info

ueQF2CZ.jpg

• Like 1

1. The map does not remember its last position, even when the window is locked. And after a relog, a locked map becomes unlocked.

2. Mouse sensitivity settings for 3rd party view doesn't get retained after a relog. It has to be reset in the console after every relog.

Edited by Whane

I noticed on the fight screen today that you get a shield bash Icon even if you do not have a shield equipped this was not the case before:

VMH7SIj.png

• Like 1

Combat window: the directions you can attack to no longer display "greyed out/unavailable" at all, so you have to spam attempts on the blind until you may get a moment when it works. Please bring back the greyed-out for unavailable things, like shield bash or moves.

Combat window: I don't think full description of footing and distance in many icons each was a good idea. Sure, explanation/description is good to have, but it doesn't belong where the fight buttons are. That ties into the "combat window is too huge" issue, as it was sometimes brought out here and elsewhere. Footing/distance could have a single icon, and a small arrow to show the full "visual description" and dock it back, or should be elsewhere on the screen.

The simplest thing I can think of, is to make the combat window horizontal, instead of vertical, as mentioned before, and when re-arranging icons in it, leave footing/distance on a side, expandable.

16 hours ago, Torgrim said:

F and R keys.

Nice idea.. BUT.. they don't work very well. It seems sort of random when something "sticks" for repeating. I'm not sure what makes it stick or not at this point but many times I can do something repeatedly, like buting with a shovel activated but the repeat option just doesn't appear, and then all of a sudden it does for a while.

And an idea.. why not add a secondary default option "Q" too? Like butcher, bury etc. on animals that are also containers, now the default action is Open for all those.

I thought about a second "Repeat" too, it may make sense, it does seem like some actions come in pairs in wurm. The most obvious I experienced it with cut-down / pick-sprout. It was crazy how they kept switching on me and couldn't figure out either when does repeat decide to stick.

Talking to an ally the other day, I think we figured the best use case for "repeat": it's those actions you sometimes do a lot of, but it wasn't overall often enough to have a permanent keybinding for, or not a great one. For such cases, some players including me, have 2 "temporary keys", which we bind temporarily for whatever we're doing. Mind you, we have 2 such keys, the second is sometimes needed, so we saved it up, not use that key for something permanent.

When entering or leaving combat, the icons at the top of the combat window shift around - Ranged makes its way down while the others shift to center. Leaving combat and hitting defensive at the same time may activate the (sometimes destructive) Ranged option - please reconsider this design, perhaps by just having the combat stances sit still (ranged could still make its way down if preferred).

ezgif-5-92f50de3a948.gif

Also the tracker is snipped on its right side

420bf6dfd60bb38bd041eb262e421ea9.png

And also (not pictured since it's hard to show) the chat and event windows extend one pixel too far downwards which is invisible, creating a 1-pixel gap between bottom of screen and the box (other windows do not do this, tested with 100% GUI scaling)

Great job with the UI! Love how the compasses bobble about

Edit: And a suggestion: the tooltips have the QL and DMG shown, with multiple decimals if you hold alt, which is wonderful - why not complete it with Weight too?

Edit 2: I also already miss the numbers over items on the toolbelt indicating the number of items inside (such as the permanent 2 over the picnic basket). Please bring it back.

57eda336677655201f14f7e5f2f8be61.png

Edit 3: It also seems having multiple items selected stops you being able to see the Alt tooltip of any of those items until deselected or only one is selected. May be intentional.

Edited by Stanlee

8 minutes ago, Stanlee said:

And also (not pictured since it's hard to show) the chat and event windows extend one pixel too far downwards which is invisible, creating a 1-pixel gap between bottom of screen and the box (other windows do not do this, tested with 100% GUI scaling)

pqdzrLy.gif

Dragging the skill tab across to the chat tab side appears to work, but no skills update in the tab created there, and when you get a skill tick, it just recreates the skill tab on the event window side. It does work when dragged to its own separate window.

Seems I dont get any SB when using bed when logging off.

Anyone else notice it?

will write up my time left of SB before logging off tonight so Im 100% sure.

Probably asked in all pages i'm lazy to read all but when you undock some tabs like Skills, Combat etc...  the UI settings are not saved and then you have to undock them every time, maybe it's due to the fact Skills and Combat tabs appears only when you have a skillgain text or a combat log.

It would be nice if they would appear at the place i've previously undocked them on my past game sessions.

Dunno if it's clear

• Like 1

There are quite a few comments about customisations not saving.  I am hoping that this is because it is a preview server, but I don't know that I would call it an optimistic hope  🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maiya said:

Seems I dont get any SB when using bed when logging off.

Anyone else notice it?

will write up my time left of SB before logging off tonight so Im 100% sure.

No idea if there is made any changes to this, but i logged off for a bit and have gain 3 min 20 sec sb 

and I know I was out of sb, when logging off this time.

On 7/5/2020 at 11:35 PM, Muse said:

CTRL Drag is awesome and has far greater potential! :) 

What would be good is to be able to drag the crate back onto the ground in front of my cart. What would be really good is to drag a crate out of a crate rack onto the ground.

It'd be nice if it gave a visual of the crate during the mouse drag between the rack and vehicle, like when you place an object.

• Like 1

It's rather annoying, opening a BSB and having to expand the window to see the quantity of items.

3TFq9To.gif

Old size

c3fkbU4.png

• Like 5
  • Cat 1