Sign in to follow this  
Samool

New UI Public Testing

When I try to click with the mouse, a tool on the toolbelt, half the time it doesn't activate the tool. It can be very frustrating when you want to click for some reason.

It seems it's because half of the "square" which is a tool icon is not part of the tool: it only shows generic toolbelt text on hover and doesn't do anything when clicked. But visually it's the tool icon, not some empty space, so it should act like the tool.

Edited by Anarres

Can't search Crafting Recipies by material. Both modes also don't show text entered in.

shatter protection from metallic liquid still looks like "null 80"hSvQwZE.png

Reposting this with a working gif:

In the skills window, you're unable to drag the window using the gap in the window between the Skills tab and the minimise/close tab. However on the chat window, you can drag from this area. I'd personally prefer it if you could drag any window using this empty space.

kjAo2Kf.gif

• Like 1

I wish the fps and speed were as obvious on the new UI as the former:

Old:

LXVM8GE.png

New UI:

kBGxsAA.png

The new font has too much decoration and isn't as bright. Also wish the window was about 3/4 of the size.

Edited by Whane

SBuo5k6.gif

Sort by price function on trader seems to not sort properly. 

• Like 1

One thing I was hoping for, was an option to adjust the mouse sensitivity when in 3rd person view mode. In the current system, there is no option. The mouse sens that is there is for free look only and does not work in 3rd person view. A UI update would be a great time to add that, but I still don't see a setting for it... it's why I don't use 3rd person view.

Edit: Nevermind. After experimenting, I learned that the console command "sensitivity <0-9>" adjusts the look sensitivity when using left mouse button AND also for 3rd person.

Edited by Whane

1 hour ago, Whane said:

One thing I was hoping for, was an option to adjust the mouse sensitivity when in 3rd person view mode. In the current system, there is no option. The mouse sens that is there is for free look only and does not work in 3rd person view. A UI update would be a great time to add that, but I still don't see a setting for it... it's why I don't use 3rd person view.

Edit: Nevermind. After experimenting, I learned that the console command "sensitivity <0-9>" adjusts the look sensitivity when using left mouse button AND also for 3rd person.

If there is a console command, then it should also have a place in the settings.

Not sure if posted above, but I came across this today. You are unable to use the CoD function, as it only lets you set the amount in golds. Silver, coppers and iron fields are not working.

ezgif-3-81a250ccc336.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Not sure if posted above, but I came across this today. You are unable to use the CoD function, as it only lets you set the amount in golds. Silver, coppers and iron fields are not working.

yes DON'T try using it unless they have hotfixed it already:

3 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

yes DON'T try using it unless they have hotfixed it already:

Good to know. I didn't have that happen to me, but I had to log off and use the regular live client to send.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

If there is a console command, then it should also have a place in the settings.

I agree that it should also have the option to adjust within the settings, but sadly, that one does not. And it effects two things, both the mouse sensitivity when using left click to look around , and also the mouse sensitivity when in 3rd person view and toggling free look. But for free look without being in 3rd person view, there is a sensitivity option within the settings section.

Custom timers suffers from the same issue that using the search function does for craft recipes, when entering minutes and seconds, the text is invisible unless selecting the text in the fields while dragging mouse to the left. I can't tell if the text is invisible, or left justified to a point beyond the form area, or both.

Edited by Whane

why does  it only work on 1 client  and not both

Edited by trueblues87
none

When the chat window runs out of room for tabs and therefore a new tab gets placed atop the other tabs, it shrinks the window downward to make room. I'd rather the new tab simply get placed above it without altering the size of the chat area. Or perhaps there should be a choice in settings for "shrink chat box when adding new tabs" so that users can decide.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 10:28 AM, Kelody said:

The #1 UI change I was hoping for wasn't included that i can see. The option to detach the action bar from the event window. I constantly miss the action bar being lost at the bottom of the screen.

An option to turn examine and emote buttons back to text would be nice.

Is it (or will it) be possible to players to make their own UI frames?

Is is possible to adjust chat window text size separately from the UI scaling?

Its not too late, make a direct suggestion

6 hours ago, Anarres said:

When I try to click with the mouse, a tool on the toolbelt, half the time it doesn't activate the tool. It can be very frustrating when you want to click for some reason.

It seems it's because half of the "square" which is a tool icon is not part of the tool: it only shows generic toolbelt text on hover and doesn't do anything when clicked. But visually it's the tool icon, not some empty space, so it should act like the tool.

I get the same thing. Seems like the lower half or lower right part of the tool icon is the only part that selects the tool. It is a pain hovering over the belt until you see the name of the tool and click to select.

7 hours ago, BrokenSanity said:

Reposting this with a working gif:

In the skills window, you're unable to drag the window using the gap in the window between the Skills tab and the minimise/close tab. However on the chat window, you can drag from this area. I'd personally prefer it if you could drag any window using this empty space.

kjAo2Kf.gif

If this is changed then please fix the skill window resize because the minimum width is so large i need the real restate behind it and the gap borken doesnt like is the window to accessing behind it

Two things about the fight window...

1. No special moves show - I assume they should appear in the empty boxes above the stance, but they stay empty with no tooltip

1i8JfUu.png

2. While fighting the target window, 'no target' overlay appears/disappears over the targetted mob image. There is nothing in the combat window that would seem to suggest what is happening, also I don't see the spell effect associated with being stunned. I also notice that I am still hitting and causing damage when it is showing, so...

XIy0OZ8.png?1

Windowed Re-sizeable Client, 90% UI size

Health Bar:

When I load the game, the health bar panel flashes up and down for a while.   It looks like it's trying to expand over and again until it finally settles.

I have it set to fully expanded, with name, FPS and speed all showing.  The health bar panel is currently not locked.

• Like 1

Rift progress is same as other missions, would be better to make it red again.

nfheP2i.png

In fight, when target is selected, the action timer bar doesn't show below the selection box; I guess it's hidden under the health bar.

If target is not selected, the action bar shows normally.

apoWAim.png  sBFlZqY.png

On that note, perhaps this action timer should also be displayed in the selection box, if the box itself is minimized/collapsed?

Since special attacks don't show up anywhere in the new UI, I did a keybind for one (number 9 key). Somehow, got this stuck in the center of my screen. Appears to be a text box, able to put cursor in it and change the value inside.

MlMC9nU.pngoNzhGq7.png

Edited by Shmeric

8 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Yep, but the more the merrier.  This is an economy breaking bug.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/176028-new-ui-public-testing/&do=findComment&comment=1790514

Edited by TheTrickster

I moved a few tabs from the left window to the right window. I find it nice to have the non-interactive tabs on the right, like Deaths tab. But after relogging, it loses the custom position, Deaths is back on the left. I'd expect to save it, or to give some way (visible way) to the user to save a custom position.

Edited to add:

If you place an interactive tab to the right side, and type in it, then do some actions and press Enter to re-enter the typing field, focus switches to whatever tab is open on the left side, instead of the last you typed in if it's on the right. This is unexpected and can lead to mistakes. Expected behaviour would be: when pressing Enter, default focus goes to the tab you last typed in or selected, no matter if it was on the left or on the right. Alternatively, just don't allow moving interactive tabs on the right I guess.

Edited by Anarres

Overall, I like this "first draft" of taking the GUI in a new direction,  more in line with current gaming standards & expectations. Are there problems to sort out? Yes. But I expect these to be fixed, if not now, then eventually with future iterations and updates. That's just how these things work. Heard a rumor that moving to a new UI format is the first step toward eventually allowing for player-made skins; would very much like to see that option :) That said, I definitely want to give my 2 irons about the good, bad, and ugly: 

THE GOOD
• F and R keys. I know some players hate them already... but a standard, dynamic "action" key is pretty much de rigueur in MMOs and games these days. I mentioned the R / repeat key to some gaming friends of mine, and they just about lost their minds with envy. Change is rough, Wurm players will eventually get used to it. 

• new combat box is very nice - much easier to understand at a glance

• we like the new ability to reorder, move, undock, and rearrange tabs and windows.... please make sure the game remembers our preferred layout between log-ins, yes? 

• ability to scale UI is good - but pay attention to the fact that everyone's first reaction was to scale the UI down

• 
the trend toward modular UI elements that can be individually moved, arranged, scaled, and locked is a very good thing. ... More please?  (I'm looking at the action bar stuck under the event window, specifically)

• thank you for changing the "throw" icon on the fight bar... much easier to understand now that you aren't toggling between melee & archery, but toggling between using a weapon & throwing whatever is in hand

THE BAD
• would like to see ability to further scale UI size - perhaps as small as 75%? 

• header font is now serif. sans-serif would be a better, cleaner choice

• fonts, in general, should be unified. one font and font style for chat text, one for menu text, one for header text. maybe one for subheader text. no more than that. bonus points if the same font or font family is used for all the text, with only font style changes marking the difference between text level. 

• UI elements that have multiple size options really, really need a middle / medium option. Examples: toolbelt, compass

• not entirely a fan of the right-aligned "tab" with the minimize and close buttons... could we have a toggle to show/hide.... or a toggle to have those icons up in tab / displayed down "inside" the box? 

• old UI (picture below) had ability to define the anchor of the fight bar.
I used the bottom left corner as my anchor and "docked" the bar above my target. With the anchor defined, the fight bar would expand upward to show the fight window when in combat. With new UI - when docked with target bar, element expands downward but hits the bottom of my screen & subsequently pushes entire target/fight bar up the screen to fit. Target/fight bar does not return to desired low-screen position after combat. Even when "locked."  When not docked (and placed above target bar as per my old UI arrangement) fight bar expands downward and fight menu covers up the target bar. Possible solutions: re-enable ability to define fight bar anchor point.... Or... create toggle option to dock fight bar below/above target bar.... Or... allow fight bar to show/hide outside of combat & I can place it where ever on screen and just hide it.  

kOXL7jR.jpg

THE UGLY (Prioritize these please)

mailboxes / COD have been broken. Fix ASAP as economy depends on it

• allow for various text levels to be sized or scaled independent of each other, AND independent of the UI scale (for example: I like a slim, minimalist UI, but need bigger chat text sizes to prevent migraines)

• make F: and R: onscreen text smaller, and if possible, allow for players to set preferred text size for this element specifically

• where is the ability to define F-key keybinds? 

• lost ability to see rename with item name on mouseover and while dragging & dropping items into containers ... bring that back ASAP

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

@ShmericSame thing happened to me. The steps I took:

1. Settings > keybinds > action

2. Set a new keybind for default action

3. Console came up (for some reason)

4. Closed console

5. Anomaly is now visible

Fe6bWFe.png

The only way to fix it was to shut down and restart the client.

41 minutes ago, Amata said:

where is the ability to define F-key keybinds? 

Settings > keybinds > action 

default action

repeat action