Sign in to follow this  
Samool

New UI Public Testing

don't know if this has been put up or not filter bulk on human does not work correctly still shows tools not bulk items in stacks E2I5J1j.png

after clicking on filter bulk

Edited by darrellbeaugez

ZrJFJ9o.png

Can the ui please not show the repeat keybind on every object you hover over and only do on same type if possible please? i know its not a big issue but its a nice little polish that would be a nice to have
Also can we have the default action be able to deal with stacks of items? eg it shows repair on a stack of damaged hammers but if the top hammer isnt damaged it wont do the actions requiring me to open up the stack to hover over the individual items to repair or still use repair keybind

Edited by wipeout
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Samool said:

Preview client hotfix is out now, try it out!

Changelog:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Added an option to disable CTRL world item dragging
  • Added an option to hide the new creature healthbar overlay
  • Added detail (color values) to the item hover popup on dyes
  • Added a temperature string to the item hover popup
  • Item temperature icon was scaled up to be more visible
  • Minimum window size was tweaked to allow for single-line inventory window setups
  • Chat input text will no longer go behind the resize button when typing
  • Skill tracker text will again change color when the skill value changes
  • Subcontainers will no longer automatically open on viewing container's contents
  • Improved scaling of status bar icons
  • Fixed creation window list columns going out behind the creation window background
  • Fixed mission details opening when dragging mission bar panel around, it needs to be clicked without dragging instead
  • Fixed old main menu not updating the options when using modifier keys (ctrl, shift, alt)
  • Fixed mailbox checkboxes not being able to be checked
  • Fixed quickbar and select bar buttons being scaled incorrectly on non-default texture size settings
  • Fixed not being able to reopen floated chat tabs after closing them
  • Repeat action suggestion won't show when repeat action key is not bound
  • Fixed lock/unlock window options not showing on select bar when an object was selected
  • Fixed sailing control buttons not showing properly on certain healthbar setups
  • Fixed runes and imbues showing Null as their enchant preview text
  • Fixed a rare crash happening when hovering mouse over certain objects
  • Fixed friends list columns having odd sizing
  • Fixed freshly opened chat tabs sometimes not showing properly 
  • Fixed certain armor pieces not showing properly on character

God dang Samool gotta give you a speeding ticket for fixing so many issues that fast

49 minutes ago, Samool said:

Preview client hotfix is out now, try it out!

Changelog:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Added an option to disable CTRL world item dragging
  • Added an option to hide the new creature healthbar overlay
  • Added detail (color values) to the item hover popup on dyes
  • Added a temperature string to the item hover popup
  • Item temperature icon was scaled up to be more visible
  • Minimum window size was tweaked to allow for single-line inventory window setups
  • Chat input text will no longer go behind the resize button when typing
  • Skill tracker text will again change color when the skill value changes
  • Subcontainers will no longer automatically open on viewing container's contents
  • Improved scaling of status bar icons
  • Fixed creation window list columns going out behind the creation window background
  • Fixed mission details opening when dragging mission bar panel around, it needs to be clicked without dragging instead
  • Fixed old main menu not updating the options when using modifier keys (ctrl, shift, alt)
  • Fixed mailbox checkboxes not being able to be checked
  • Fixed quickbar and select bar buttons being scaled incorrectly on non-default texture size settings
  • Fixed not being able to reopen floated chat tabs after closing them
  • Repeat action suggestion won't show when repeat action key is not bound
  • Fixed lock/unlock window options not showing on select bar when an object was selected
  • Fixed sailing control buttons not showing properly on certain healthbar setups
  • Fixed runes and imbues showing Null as their enchant preview text
  • Fixed a rare crash happening when hovering mouse over certain objects
  • Fixed friends list columns having odd sizing
  • Fixed freshly opened chat tabs sometimes not showing properly 
  • Fixed certain armor pieces not showing properly on character

Thx for fast hotfix!

Very fast turn around on the first set of hot fixes.  Very impressive.  Thank you very much.

I'm quite disappointed with this.

My number 1 complaint is how you did the scaling. I liked the idea of having more control over text than in the current system but in reality, I don't and you've hooked font size to window size so the only way I can get clear readable text, is to have giant windows that cover waaay too much of the world view. So now I'm stuck with two choices both of which make baby Odin cry... tiny text that is difficult for me to read but window sizes that are acceptable (except for the ones that you intentionally made way too large... not sure why) or having text that I can read at the cost of taking up too much space on the screen. It was better the way it was before when I could adjust font size. Even though I could not control all font sizes, at least I had more control over window sizes but you've removed that. I'd gladly keep the current system that gives me more screen view even though there were issues with font sizes like this:

vw89FrE.png

What's wrong with having a scale for font that is set apart from everything else so that I can make good use of screen space? One scale for window sizes, and one for text size, and with the option we have with the current UI to better control window sizes. I thought we would get *more* choices here with windows that we cant currently control, but we are getting less with the new system in this regard. I think it is much better to let users decide on how small to make a window rather then force a minimum that is too large.

And this really bothers me, I like to see what I'm typing as I type it, not a letter later...

owCjEB2.png

And many of the elements that appear on screen (such as the toolbelt, buff icons, compass, and options bar with icons to click for map, main menu, paperdoll, etc) have not been increased in their default image size so the result is that anyone like me using the scale to see larger text is seeing terribly pixallated and fuzzy images because they are scaled to a size larger than their actual dimensions; they look so out of place now to the point that it looks like the job was only half done. Of course this would not be an issue if I was given the option to scale text alone. Even so, the status window is too long now and the fight window is killing me because there's no good spot for me to place it now, it's way too big and there is way too much white space in it.

And this window has some invisible border around that collides with the edge of the screen so that I can't even make it flush. Not that I want it there because that is where I like my inventory window to be.

mccT8ZF.png

I used to have it here and it worked nicely:

BUnN2NY.png

If I try that with the new UI so that I have space on the side like I do with the current system, I get this:

c0dOMNF.png

I love the window system in Eve and in that game it's like flying around in a spreadsheet, yet users have so much control over every element of the ui and can even dock windows with other windows to form a single window with multiple docks, not just one specific window element tied to one other specific window. I'm not suggesting that is needed here (except for maybe inventory windows) but trying to point out things that can make it much easier in Wurm.

I don't know what to do with the fight window, it seems you only want it to be docked because it does not match the size of anything else or fit anywhere else like it did before. And even when docked it looks out of place because as large as it is, it's still just a bit too small to fit nice when docked so even the default position looks off. Not that I'm saying it's too small, it's way to big, but just trying to illustrate how none of this makes sense to me. It's way to wide now to fit it above my compass which is where I had it before so that when it expanded during combat,  it opened up covering my compass which I didn't need to see when fighting anyway. See how nicely it fit...?

pfugpCY.png

Not any more. Someone really wants that in my face.

9BwbeoJ.png

Obviously that is not going to work now. And look at how much larger everything is, just so I can read text. Why is there so much space being used in that combat window, even before it expands. I just don't get it.

This is what I have now. Notice how I have almost everything centered at bottom and in a way that lets me see much of the world, even on the sides of those windows. I love that because I like to feel like I'm interacting with the world, not windows.

lclrinc.jpg

But this is as close as I can get now, and I don't like having to change it to make space for windows that are too large. But this is going to annoy the hell out of me unless I dock the combat window to a location I don't want it and find a home for the overlapping window.

YDH6hqN.jpg

I wont even list the bugs, many of which others already have. I don't know how a bug like an invisible jacket comes to be as a result of UI changes (for example) but it's hard to believe that this is 3 months of "polish" with bugs that appear obvious to me.

Yes I know, my criticism could be more positive, but I'm not feeling it right now.

• Like 1

Oh oh any chance on search in inventories other then your inventory because that would make it so much more useful then only your own inventory things like storage containers lmcs bsbs and such would benefit from it

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, wipeout said:

Oh oh any chance on search in inventories other then your inventory because that would make it so much more useful then only your own inventory things like storage containers lmcs bsbs and such would benefit from it

And especially the ability to search vehicles including ships.

• Like 3

PMs do not work unless person is friend . Otherwise can't send pms said player was offline and they said something in gl-freedom

Repeat is also bugged after hitting wrong item to repeat caused investigate to get stuck , and would not switch back to farm.

Can't nominate any price below gold for COD.  Can't even access the fields

Would like to be able to search large storage units. 

• Like 1

Dragging a pile of items into a container shows the name of the container in the tooltip, dragging a single item does not.

WySi1Oo.pngcrjAhRz.png

With the toolbelt - the mouse over areas both to see the details of the item in the slot, and to select it, are not aligned with the graphics. This is particularly notable with the toolbelt size toggled to small. Probably associated with that, sometimes clicking on a toolbelt item will activate the item in the slot to the left of one clicked on.

2 hours ago, darrellbeaugez said:

PMs do not work unless person is friend . Otherwise can't send pms said player was offline and they said something in gl-freedom

If they are on another server then they might have set the option in their profile where people from other servers whom aren't friends can't pm them. You'd have to reach out to them in gl-freedom or go to their server if I'm not mistaken.

Invisible text when searching for crafting recipe... also the text is left justified with a negative left margin so that it is twice invisible since it does not appear within the visible portion of the search box. The only way you can view your search phrase it is to left click within the search box AND drag your mouse to the left of the search box at the same time.

In some cases, there is a lot of information on the popup info box when examining, for example:

U4g8Lfg.png

I just wish I had more than about 2 seconds to read it. Would be nice if I could move my mouse over the popup to hold it in place and then have it vanish after moving my mouse away from it otherwise have it vanish after 2 seconds if I don't mouse over it. I get that this info is also in the event window, but as long as it's going to be a popup too, then there might as well be time to read it. Also it is missing rune information.

Edited by Whane
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, wipeout said:

The item type buttons are even would not needed in those filters. Actually filter is much more useful on a container possibly holding hundreds of items than in the player inventory

I'm very impressed of how much feedback is implemented already!

Another finding: When you pull a container into toolbelt it is missing the item counter on top of the container image.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

I feel that the target and fight boxes should form a more unified "whole piece" when docked to each other.

yxVQio0.png

With some quick photoshopping..

EeSd40d.png

Perhaps add the collapse option on it, same as selection box has now. If nothing targeted, collapse the target window (toggle auto collapse on/off)

And when expanded, same thing. Remove those unnecessary side margin spaces

Spoiler

pxDv2Db.png

Edited by Shmeric
  • Like 4

I just put up new stuff on my merchant 

went to merchant paper to manage price 

and Im not able to fill in any number at all 

On merchant when open trade prices show  but cant set new or update 

Edited by Maiya

I like this, I find the text much easier to read no more mistaking WTB and WTS in trade I hope. Some suggestions

• Have the quantity of a pile come up in the tool tip - at reasonable window width sometimes I can't see the quantity say on a stack of logs in a crate. Should at least see it if I mouse over e.g. Logs x31
  • Have the name/label come up in the tooltip - it's also a pity there isn't an option to display the name first. I know I have crates in my crate racks it's the QL or Wood labeling I really need to see.
  • For those of using Wurm Assist smile and examine it's more clumsy clicking icons. Add an icon which does smile+examine or give us option to put these back to menus. Can i set a bind on smile anyway? Tried it by holding key down on menu but didn't work.
  • F was my farm key kind of disappointed with a rake active i don't get Farm as default F action. If I look at a ripe field it could default Harvest, checking on scythe equipped if grains.
  • Like others pointed out the R option is kind of strange - i could repeat harvesting but as soon as i sowed a field sow was stuck there even when i harvested again. As said don't show actions aren't valid.
  • Be nice if we could finally fix selecting the next seed in a satchel when one is sown.
  • Having a text scale and a UI item scale separately might be good as Whane suggested. I like the text size but other things I would perhaps scale down.
  • Searching on all storage windows would be great (BSB, FSB, BCU, chests, large storage, crate racks, etc)
  • Give toolbelt the same look as the windows and second the comment for a middle size - the small size is tiny on my resolution
  • Also noticed the bug dragging multiple items from an open inventory group to an FSB is fixed thank you!
  • I didn't really think on it before but when reading Muse's post what is the need for R if you can just hit F again? Maybe if the R action is same then it could offer an alternative action. For example when holding a rope F would offer Lead, if I am already leading one horse R could offer Breed.

All in all though I like it and won't be using the previous client again so thumbs up :)

I feel like the colours used for active and inactive tabs are the wrong way round.

When I see a grey tab, I assume that it can't be selected, presumably because it's the currently selected/active tab. However in this UI grey is used for the inactive tab, and is therefore "clickable". The coloured tab (friends in the below example) looks like it is meant to be clicked on, but is actually the active tab.

9dgc1tp.png

I also feel like incoming messages being highlighted in blue isn't eye catching enough.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ohana said:

A lot of issues with Repeat last action, not really knowing what it should do.

Cut down, Pick sprout all will not show up on a repeat action.

Level on ceiling was working great. Till I drank from a tile. Now when I mouse over the ceiling I get Drink for repeat last action even after I level a tile again.

I think I've noticed that when REPEAT_ACTION works properly, I can push or pull an object, and it'll set the last action to push and pull respectively. But when I turn clockwise/counter-clockwise and it gets stuck on those and doesn't update anymore.

("Toggle hover expand" set to always show the status bars is not respected on client reload. stats are hidden and I need to toggle twice to make them stay visible.)

Can we get some more contrast between grey and white of the SB bar?

(Fight window auto-docks on client reload instead of staying popped out if I log out that way.)

Items in () need more testing it is not happening consistently.

Edited by Jaz