Sign in to follow this  
Samool

New UI Public Testing

UI looks great, but where is the menu bar??

The menu bar changes you have made have ruined hot-swappable key board configs, like:

Any considerations made for these types of configs?

Someone reported already but yes, can't receive mail - tick box does not work.

EDIT: much worse, now it says "You have no mail" :S

After just logging back to old client.

So my mail is somewhere in the limbo now.

EDIT2: checked on the sender, not returned either. The item is in my inventory, I did not check on Receive and OK in the menu as it was impossible and definitely not picked it up from the mailbox afterwards.

Looks like it can break mailing for now, be very careful accepting mail on the test client!

Edited by Jaz

Are we gonna be able to change the font? The current one is pretty bad imo. Also the toolbelt looks REALLY outdated now, the toolbelt and the icons look really bad compared to the overall ui look. Might want to re-do all the icons or something, idk.

A number of error messages in the console:

This one is being spammed a few times a second

Spoiler

[17:30:37] com.wurmonline.client.fgtPPuD8uC: Changed filepath resource graphics.jar:te_pm.dds does not exist (source graphics.jar:creatures/horse/Unicorn.wom)
[17:30:37]     at com.wurmonline.client.fgtPPuD8uC.mMV5oPkCW(SourceFile:63)
[17:30:37]     at com.wurmonline.client.resources.iHOS3zg1KL.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:1080)
[17:30:37]     at class.j3HDN6JP5.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:131)
[17:30:37]     at class.GOdmHe8Wyb.<init>(SourceFile:95)
[17:30:37]     at class.GOdmHe8Wyb.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:6366)
[17:30:37]     at class.HeIh3lqNPh.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:169)
[17:30:37]     at class.HeIh3lqNPh.XwhlvVTrl(SourceFile:189)
[17:30:37]     at class.HeIh3lqNPh.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:208)
[17:30:37]     at class.lDafaiLpRe.Q9cnsazKZ3(SourceFile:251)
[17:30:37]     at class.GikvqEWYD.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:377)
[17:30:37]     at class.w6JxZW0hQ.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:6813)
[17:30:37]     at class.r1JyCdrOhy.XwhlvVTrl(SourceFile:618)
[17:30:37]     at class.w6JxZW0hQ.mMV5oPkCW(SourceFile:262)
[17:30:37]     at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.V8K8v9DodL(SourceFile:1525)
[17:30:37]     at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.hzBVpzQFBz(SourceFile:8369)
[17:30:37]     at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.run(SourceFile:36320)
[17:30:37]     at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:1653)
[17:30:37]     at com.wurmonline.client.launcherfx.WurmLaunchWrapper.FZOk5L6Gfy(SourceFile:69)
[17:30:37]     at com.wurmonline.client.launcherfx.WurmLaunchWrapper.main(SourceFile:28)

and when fighting a hell hound

Spoiler

[17:34:28] Jul 03, 2020 5:34:28 PM class.uCK2JVc916 mMV5oPkCW
[17:34:28] SEVERE: Input does not appear to be an Ogg bitstream.
[17:34:28] Jul 03, 2020 5:34:28 PM class.uCK2JVc916 mMV5oPkCW
[17:34:28] SEVERE: res/missingsound.ogg
[17:34:28] Jul 03, 2020 5:34:28 PM class.GikvqEWYD FZOk5L6Gfy
[17:34:28] WARNING: Can't set damage of creature 207005830614785 because it doesn't exist
[17:34:28] Can't delete creature 207005830614785 because it doesn't exist
[17:35:18] Jul 03, 2020 5:35:18 PM class.GikvqEWYD FZOk5L6Gfy
[17:35:18] WARNING: Cannot play animation for 9021292988600066 because it doesn't exist.
[17:36:14] Jul 03, 2020 5:36:14 PM class.GikvqEWYD FZOk5L6Gfy
[17:36:14] WARNING: Cannot play animation for 9020617202339586 because it doesn't exist.

I did miss having the 'F' key menu, until I found the option to turn it back on. But I notice that there is no longer the alternative version shown when a key modifier is press - say for 'shift' + F key combinations. There is also a bug with the text in the 'F' key menu not getting updated when an 'F' keybind is modified.

Another (?) missing feature: on the main menu in old UI, you could bind F2-F12 to different things, and you got the respective button for those things. That is, you had something to click, doing what you chose.

I'm not sure I see how that could be back... so maybe it won't be back, but anyway mentioning it to be taken into account. Personally, for example I had /weather bound to F12 (I can quit in other ways) and I used often the click-on-button on top, not as much the key, for seeing weather easily no matter what I do. I didn't even need to remember the key, since the button was there.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jackjones said:

UI looks great, but where is the menu bar??

The menu bar changes you have made have ruined hot-swappable key board configs, like:

Any considerations made for these types of configs?

It is there, but there is only a single menu bar, holding alt or ctrl or shift wont bring up any more.

It's settings then UI tab.

https://prnt.sc/tbalzy

• Like 1

Any chance we can get an option for different font sizes?

And can we please reduce the minimum width and height of the chat and event window? It seems much bulkier than before.

70 and 80 % options to UI scaling would be nice.

Scaling different UI elements independently would be the best option.

Chat box hides the last bit of typed text:

KSzbqFh.png

Add an option to toggle the chat Total members.

Minimum chat box height I can do is 8 lines, could we perhaps squeeze it a little more?

These little inventory filter icons are really hard to understand if they're on or off:

w51EXbl.png

Opening larders, bulk container units, or large storage unit, automatically expands all the shelves/subcontainers.

The skill tracker resizes itself to fit the text (and can thus mess up the very OCD people's minds :D ).

l49EB4V.png

What is the green ball on the health bar?

tWm5lVX.png

Separating a chat from the "main" group and then closing it - remains closed after someone types new text.

If closing in the group, they pop open again when new text received.

This also applies to private chats, cannot open the chat again even if I send a /tell to the person. They see it, but I don't see the chat.

The Ranged fight icon resembles a hand picking something up rather than throwing. I'd say the old style bow/arrow would do better :)

bLCfZMj.png

Edited by Shmeric
  • Like 2

First off love it just one question I've always had is there a way we could perhaps customize what's on this cf48603913b06959bd9f637fa1dbf130.png  Lotta stuff there I don't ever touch would be neat to be able to remove or add thing to it.

Edited by user
  • Like 2

The past few days I had been playing with the font sizes on the old client. Getting older and it was either that or drag my monitor even closer as I have been having a hard time reading the game text the last few months. Even at 90 I have no issue reading the screen anymore but that scale adjusts everything and some of the windows could use their size adjusted down a bit more. Would be nice if each window would have its own font setting. Things like item/container inventories could all share the same font settings. For me Item/container , skill tracker and skill tab font could be adjusted down to a slightly smaller font to help reduce window footprint. while I am happy with chat, skill, combat, friends windows at its current size. I know for other people it might be different combinations . I would imagine it wouldn't be something added overnight but in the long term the more customizable the better.

I kind of wish the new windows had a thicker solid bar all the way instead of the super thin one between the tabs on each end. Its a small hard target to grab in the middle. I think its become muscle memory to drag the windows around by grabbing them in the middle after all these years. It does not have to be a full bar just a little thicker.

Like someone else mentioned ability to toggle the target windows graphics off would be nice also as it does suck up some real estate. I know for a lot of people it doesn't matter much because they started playing the game with default settings which was the ironwood skin. I used the old wurm default because for me Ironwood was just too clunky so this update is a big change for people like me since we wont have old skin option anymore to fall back on heh.

Not sure if this is already covered or not, but I've lost the ability to change the anchor direction for my combat window. I would like it to drop upward instead of drop down when I enter combat. :)

Crafting window needs some tweeks, 90% Scale on UI

Spoiler

prdgXJZ.png

[20:17:29] You plant the sprout. As you see the plant bow you hear the voice in your head of hundreds of plants thanking you.

With sprout activated, I see default action R plant. I planted a dozen trees that way, it was handy and I got used to it. Then moved around a bit more, and the game forgot immediately it seems: activated a sickle by mistake(why is it even at 9 I dunno), and pressed R, then suddenly

[20:19:04] You start to gather tall grass. But why, I didn't do (intently) any other gather action, so I'm not sure what it's repeating.

Next several actions it keeps saying R - gather. Even with sprout active, even though I'm planting one after the other.

Worth trying to do it, so you see it's not quite right.. at least, keep the R action for more time, like this forgot in 2 mins, of embarking and disembarking, and add R action sooner maybe, that is, if it fooled me once with gather, okay, but since I'm planting tree after tree, just change to R plant now.

Edited to add: after two dozen trees planted, it STILL says R gather, with sprout activated. It really wants me to rebind plant... eh.

Edited by Anarres

I actually like the font better.  Its easier for my old, tired eyes to see.

is there a way to "dock/stack" other windows, like container inventories, similar to Chat/Event/Friends etc? 

Like if I could set it so hitting F3 gives me a way to get this everytime:

ULRFLJH.png

Or doing the same with other containers -- Crate/Wagon/Cart/BSB/Whatever -- I still have to open each but then I can drop them all  on top of each other so they pop-into-place like above.

Also I forget whether I can already combine Chat+Event/Skill/Friends etc to basically have one megasized tabbed "information" window that I can put wherever/however i want, instead of boxes and menus cascading and scattered all over my screen

GP6ufit.png

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 8

Ok, to be honest after playing about hour on new client, i'm not that thrilled unfortunatly. I mean in general i don't get the feeling that it's a huge game changer, i'm like meh, it's fine, but i'm equaly fine weather playing on old client or new one so far, and that in my opinion is not a good thing... My biggest dissapointment so far is default action. it feels that it's so limiting considered it's potential. 

For starts it doesn't work on items in your invetory, containers or piles so you still have to have binds for imp and repair on seperate keys. Also a lot of stuff that makes sense to be default action isn't as i noticed so far, for example, activating bucket or barrel doesnt bring up default action on sheep or cow to be milked, having activated rope or halter rope doesnt offer lead, activating butcher knife over corpse it's still open and not butcher... the way i used to play is to bind F ad hoc to any action i wanna do and repeat, like, milking, harvesting herbs, butchering, farming, smelting, etc. With defailt action bound on F it gets in the way half of the times and i'm either to rebind it to some other key or choose another convinient key for ad hoc binding... 

Repeat action i still havent figured out how exactly works and havent been helpfull even once...

also that hover panel in invetory gets in a way often when you move stuff from invetory to bsb, for example when sorting by ql and want to shift select ql range in invetory it's hard to see which piece is last to select cuz panel is overlaping it

Edited by kochinac

8 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Ok, to be honest after playing about hour on new client, i'm not that thrilled unfortunatly. I mean in general i don't get the feeling that it's a huge game changer, i'm like meh, it's fine, but i'm equaly fine weather playing on old client or new one so far, and that in my opinion is not a good thing... My biggest dissapointment so far is default action. it feels that it's so limiting considered it's potential. 

For starts it doesn't work on items in your invetory, containers or piles so you still have to have binds for imp and repair on seperate keys. Also a lot of stuff that makes sense to be default action isn't as i noticed so far, for example, activating bucket or barrel doesnt bring up default action on sheep or cow to be milked, having activated rope or halter rope doesnt offer lead, activating butcher knife over corpse it's still open and not butcher... the way i used to play is to bind F ad hoc to any action i wanna do and repeat, like, milking, harvesting herbs, butchering, farming, smelting, etc. With defailt action bound on F it gets in the way half of the times and i'm either to rebind it to some other key or choose another convinient key for ad hoc binding... 

Repeat action i still havent figured out how exactly works and havent been helpfull even once...

You can disable the default action Key in the UI settings

4 hours ago, Keenan said:

I can't reproduce this. I just reinstalled and everything works. Perhaps a bad install? What OS?

I finally got it to work after much ado.. 

But I did want to make an observation that the skill tracker no longer lights up green when there was an increase in skills.. It did this morning and yesterday.

Oh and I think the fight and target windows are a tad too big.. but so far I really like it. No real issues or complaints from me.

• Like 1

Just now, SmackedDown said:

You can disable the default action Key in the UI settings

i can also rebind it to something else but thats not the point. why they bother to develop it if i'm not gonna use it...

Just noticed that my drake chest piece i'm wearing is not showing either in character window nor for other player it looks like i'm not wearing it

VsrE7l2.jpg

When farming, then information that matters the most is the crop status, can you make that more prominent than  Disembark and Harvest?

Edited by Mitzie

Small problem and example: I got 4 barrels rack that is renamed Cow Milk, Sheep Milk, bison milk and another not renamed, when i put my mouse on them i can see the name, if i drag a barrel on it, i loose the rack name. When you get around 22 rack of Crate it can be nice to see the name of them when draging a crate into them.

My rare leather Jacket dont show good skin in Character windows

Edited by heiro

OK, so the combat window is huge. It kinda looks cool, but there has to be some solution for usability, apart from just making a small version. It's a tall rectangle now, what if you make it a long rectangle and position it by default down, bottom, of the screen? I mean, re-arrange stuff in it so it fits more horizontally, not vertically, and by default place it somewhere where the player from other games expects it: at the bottom of the screen.

Edited by Anarres

39 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Just noticed that my drake chest piece i'm wearing is not showing either in character window nor for other player it looks like i'm not wearing it

This appears to be true for other types of  leather chestpieces as well