Sign in to follow this  
Samool

New UI Public Testing

I do like the new gui.  Please don't take my posts as complaints.  They are just feedback.

Just like the old client, the new client does not remember your zoom level upon logging back in.

The #1 UI change I was hoping for wasn't included that i can see. The option to detach the action bar from the event window. I constantly miss the action bar being lost at the bottom of the screen.

An option to turn examine and emote buttons back to text would be nice.

Is it (or will it) be possible to players to make their own UI frames?

Is is possible to adjust chat window text size separately from the UI scaling?

Edited by Kelody

I don't understand why things are double (thickly) bordered, there's so much space allocated to design, the text is also much bigger than the size 10 font I was using previously and seemingly can't be changed for the new UI.

I have no idea how many items I have in my units without purposely expanding out my container windows now to 350+ pixels wide, 400+ on my inventory (90% UI scale),  where previously my inventory used 300 pixels (105% UI scale).

That's a lot of screen real-estate lost due to excessively thick bordering, whitespace and removed scaling options.

Would be nice to get:

The hover-over tooltip with that information in (item counts).

A minimalistic skin.

Text size options.

'Toggle weight' option for the columns so I can actually see how many units I have in there without having to drag out a calculator, or, constantly be readjusting the frames.

Having "No Target" pop in the menus great for mobs, but what about select bar objects/etc.

Toolbelt doesn't follow the UI design.

Buffs/Debuffs don't follow the UI design.

Quick bar doesn't seem to fit in well either.

No target appears detached from objects now (affecting clearing the select bar).

The only thing I'm totally kicking about it so far, is the fact I can finally roll the chat frames how I want them, but... Since the frames now use bigger font and thicker borders... The pros of it don't outweigh the cons for me, so far.

Edited by Drathania
  • Like 4

The buff text seems offcentered and hard to read: 

https://ibb.co/gTdwtkp

the UI scale in the pic is 95% but even at 100% is the same if not worse.

L.E. also the leather armor chest piece does not seem to show on the character even tho i have it equipped.

Edited by Cipacadrinho

1Yx0dHT.png

also there is double mesage when removing items from bsb

I agree with previous posters.  For example, the auto expand when opening things (like a bulk container unit) is very annoying. 

Also, the filter option that was added to the inventory window would be totally awesome if applied to BSB and BCU (basically almost any container).  It would make finding stuff much easier. 

• Like 2

wZR3wW9.png

The new UI looks amazing! o/

Would be nice to make the Target screen smaller. Maybe I'm missing something, but It's really big on my screen.

• Like 3

Tools in the inventory do show the enchants on mouse over but if i mouse over them on the toolbelt the enchants do not show just the name quality damage and weight do.

There appears to be a bug with the actual startup client. The entire top bar (With the options like wurmpedia, shop, etc,) cannot be selected when Windows DPI scaling is on (Which it always is for me as i'm on 4K so I use 150% DPI scaling). The entire area of the client cannot be clicked on at all, rather it goes right through to whatever is behind the startup client.

49 minutes ago, Maiya said:

when did that change so you dont need to heat it up?

I have missed that then :(

I am pretty sure when they added the new cooking system(recipes)

rune shows up as null:50

Imbue shows up as null:#

4 minutes ago, paterso said:

There appears to be a bug with the actual startup client. The entire top bar (With the options like wurmpedia, shop, etc,) cannot be selected when Windows DPI scaling is on (Which it always is for me as i'm on 4K so I use 150% DPI scaling). The entire area of the client cannot be clicked on at all, rather it goes right through to whatever is behind the startup client.

Try set custom scaling to 150, instead from the drop down menu.. That's in advanced scaling settings

Edited by Tor

Borders seem too thick, so busy.

So many different fonts and font sizes

The UI isn't actually making the game THAT much easier if you want to attract the money from the younger generation, they're used to Minecraft.

love the 3rd person views hitting V now

Right clicking, and clicking examine doesn't make the menu disappear now. Might wana add a "pin" to toggle that on or off. 

https://prnt.sc/tb8y7d  -- duplicate texts... this should look alot better and cleaner when doing pop up dialogs.

It still feels a cross between IRC old school MMOs and trying to be something more but really coming up short. 

Also, a texture on every piece of the UI really adds to it's busyness feeling... so much going on will really just push new players away. UI's nowadays need to be more like Apple's.. simple, clean and intuitive. 

3 minutes ago, phennexion said:

Also, a texture on every piece of the UI really adds to it's busyness feeling... so much going on will really just push new players away. UI's nowadays need to be more like Apple's.. simple, clean and intuitive. 

This is actually the opposite of how i felt. The target and select windows and the F key bar are missing a texture, something less clinical.

So idk if maybe I'm missing something. I think the new scaling system is not working well with Windows DPI Scaling.
I tried overriding to tell the WurmLauncher64 that it can override and the application does scaling for itself (basically turning off DPI scaling from windows), and all my UI is still this weird blur of artefacts all over the text, giving it a strange look:
AfRo8GK.jpg

This is at 4K, the UI text just seems...off. Pixels smudged together, clearly some inaccuracies.
Edit: To clarify I set wurm's UI scale to 100% as you can see (I had restarted also to check), it made no difference. The UI is already way too big as it is, I don't want to up the scale. The game appears to use windows DPI scaling no matter what we set it to, and thus is giving me sub-native blur.

Edited by paterso

1. Could not receive a mail checkbox not clicable

2. Seems lot fewer option by right click on Spirit cottage in new client

3. New client KILLS hotkeys in old client

4.  ranged attack icon for my taste less clear now

Edited by Konstantin
  • Like 1

I have the options "Show no target in menu" and "Show stop in menu" ticked, but the options don't show up.

When you right click a tile, and click examine, the menu doesn't dissapear like before. Nor does it dissapear if you move too far like before. Clicking tracking, foraging, botanizing, etc... or doing emotes does make the menu go away. 

I can spam "Take (repeat)" on items like looms that cant be opened, nor picked up. and the character does the pick up animations.

You can change UI skins in the client, but not ingame. Changing them doesnt seem to do anything unless i'm blind. 

Edited by atazs

Mousing over a stack in your inventory will tell you how many of that item you have (17 logs) on the tooltip. I wish the same was said for items in containers so that you don't have to expand the container UI to see how much is in there. Right now there's a huge box with very little information displayed. It feels disjointed to see different display tooltips depending on if it's in your inventory or in a container.

• Like 1

Prayed at altar, and then went to meditate. No my repeat on rug is stuck to pray which is quite useless and it won't change to meditate no mather how much time i meditate...

edit, ehm no i moved away, killed animal and returned to meditate and i don't have repeat option on rug. I'm kinda confused how repeat works? can someone explain what to expect?

Edited by kochinac

It used to be possible to repair with the repair keybind, a tool on toolbelt. Now I bound Y to repair (so it doesn't interfere with repeat), but it doesn't work on toolbelt tools. I don't seem to repair the tools on toolbelt by right click or any other way (on the toolbelt tool icon, not search them in inventory).

This is a missing feature that used to work, and it was handy at times.

• Like 1

Seems weird that shovel does not give a context action to bury a corpse, but it gives something we can mess up like digging a tile as a context action

A few minor issues for me:

1. In the skills window, you're unable to drag the window using the gap in the window between the Skills tab and the minimise/close tab. However on the chat window, you can drag from this area. I'd personally prefer it if you could drag any window using this empty space.

This gif highlights the issue better than words can: 

https://i.imgur.com/5pt8CeO.gifv

2. The gap between the skill numbers and the border is too narrow.

kkDgzsQ.png.

3. My client defaulted with 110% UI scale, which seemed far too big. 90% seems like a much better default setting.

Edited by BrokenSanity
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Xheth said:

wZR3wW9.png

The new UI looks amazing! o/

Would be nice to make the Target screen smaller. Maybe I'm missing something, but It's really big on my screen.

Agreed.  My main issue with it is the huge buttons (aggressive/normal/defensive) that make the target window stick out more like a sore thumb than before when not in combat.  Maybe make it show up when you mouse over it and it rolls up into the target window.  Or just make the buttons smaller.  Be nice to make the target window a little smaller too.

Edit:  I guess that's part of the "fight window" that you can hide which doesn't hide the target.  But once you fight something it doesn't auto hide again so stays in the way.

Edit:  I do like the new fight interface.  Shows level of focus and much better to work with.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 1

Can we get an option to have 3 different sizes for tool belt?  We have super small and big.  Would be nice to have option for medium size between the two.