Sign in to follow this  
Muse

Typo: Tortoise is not seafood

When I butchered an old tortoise, I got some meat.  The meat read 'seafood' - a tortoise is not a sea creature!

A turtle is a sea creature, a tortoise is a land creature - I think we probably need to make a clear distinction between a tortoise (a land creature, with stumpy feet, which is what the graphics for this animal look like) and a turtle (which has flippers and swims in the sea).

[14:30:31] You butcher the corpse of old tortoise.

[14:30:31] You produce some meat.

It would be nice to know which animal the devs had in mind when they designed this creature. :) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Muse said:

It would be nice to know which animal the devs had in mind when they designed this creature.

A tortle.  It has stumpy feet and the high domed carapace but swims in the sea.

• Like 1

Or a Turtoise - has stumpy flippers but swims on land and sea 😜

• Like 1

In fact the biological group is called turtles (Testudines), so every tortoise is a turtle and not every turtle is a tortoise. However, this turtle/tortoise distinction is purely discretionary and has no biological basis and in many languages, such as Polish, is non-existent. 

Edited by Platyna

On 7/5/2020 at 9:42 PM, Platyna said:

In fact the biological group is called turtles (Testudines), so every tortoise is a turtle and not every turtle is a tortoise. However, this turtle/tortoise distinction is purely discretionary and has no biological basis and in many languages, such as Polish, is non-existent. 

All well and good, but the creature depicted is the land creature.