Sign in to follow this  
TheTrickster

Make Wurm better - for everyone

Make everything simpler, except the things a player wants to keep complicated.

Make everything automatic, except the things a player wants to do manually.

Everything should last forever, until we don't want it to.

Everything a player makes should be secure from interference, except for everything every other player makes.

Terraforming should be permanent, unless we want it to automatically reset.

Animals should be both easy to kill and challenging.

Rare objects should be common.

Display all possible information all the time, but keep the screen clutter to a minimum.

Make the graphics photo-realistic out to the vanishing point, but keep memory use and lag down.

ADDED: Nights should be almost pitch black with full visability.

Above all, know for each player their preferences and mood at any given time,  so the correct options above can be implemented.  This may require a bit of coding.

There, that should make everyone happy.   

😎

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 2

+1

Can we also get solo multiplayer and auction house to increase human-human interaction, please?

I think compensating for missing to post on 1st April makes it still irrelevant suggestion..

one thing is already in the game sadly.. this bullsh...
"Animals should be both easy to kill and challenging." - You can be really high on FS and really suck at fighting  a simple mob you'd normally kill in 1-3 hits at 70 or lower skill depending on your gear and rng; RNG with instantly focused creatures is bullsh..🤬

Wurm's not your local minecraft server you'd reset next week, or a rust server.. etc.. you get the idea... if you make everything simple and fast etc to do... you'll have another game, people will come, do all in a month and peace out, never to be seen again #imo, old economy rmt elements etc.. made it unique, now it's a lot simpler subscription sandbox

Make the graphics photo-realistic out to the vanishing point, but keep memory use and lag down.

This one is hilarious ... I've had memory leak crashes from particle system when I have world render off.. rendering things on screen or not does nothing for your performance(unless we talk about shadows and how it chews frames)

IMO you're suggesting a WU mod setup, correct me if I'm wrong

Edited by Finnn
  • Cat 1

Just allow to bend reality to load this and that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Finnn said:

IMO you're suggesting a WU mod setup, correct me if I'm wrong

You're wrong.  😃

It was firmly tongue in cheek.  I am suggesting that our suggestions are collectively contradictory and impossible.

I had really hoped the "This may require a bit of coding" for a game to read your mind and adjust on the fly was hanging a lampshade on it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

It was firmly tongue in cheek.  I am suggesting that our suggestions are collectively contradictory and impossible.

I had really hoped the "This may require a bit of coding" for a game to read your mind and adjust on the fly was hanging a lampshade on it.

I thought this was kind of obvious. It had me laughing. 😄 But then I enjoy a bit of comic relief now and then. ;)

• Like 1

Reminds me of a quote:

"I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure - which is: Try to please everybody." ~ Herbert Bayard Swope

• Like 1

Actually, everything in this suggestion is already under development, and will be released soon.

• Like 2