Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

Is there a smoother way of panning the camera around?

I want to start making my videos soon, but if I had to watch videos with the kind of camera panning that is utilized in-game, I'd not enjoy the video at all.

Any other video-making techniques anyone could share?

If you look at these patch notes, there is a new camera option:

• New: Added a camera smoothing option to the settings 

Try it out and give some feedback on how it works - would love to see some clips. :)

you can also try :  sensitivity (1-9) in the console (F1) in order to slow the camera a bit

The camera smoothing option is great! I set it to 0.7 and it feels awesome!

Just to clarify a bit, there are actually a few settings for this within Wurm. 

1. In the settings menu under the game tab there is the free look mode mouse sensitivity. But this only applies to the sensitivity of the mouse when hitting the key to toggle free look mode.
  2. There is another mouse sensitivity option for use with the left click look option . But that setting does not appear within the settings window. Instead, you need to enter sensitivity <0-9> within the console (F1 by default). I personally prefer a setting of 3 but there are a number of factors that will determine the setting needs for your computer.
  3. If you're planning to do some videos, then you will probably want a smoother pan while in 3rd person view too. That happens to use the same setting as the one applied to left click mode that requires console input. But there is an issue with this with the new UI (probably the current UI too) though, the console setting as it applies to 3rd person mode does not retain after relogging so you will find that you have to go back into the console and redo the command each time you login (I really hope they have taken note of this and fix it soon, it would also be nice if they included this setting in the settings window too).

Once you have all of your sensitivity settings the way you like THEN you may want to play around with the camera smoothing settings which also appears under the "game" tab. But in most cases I think the sensitivity settings (in all their variations) will give you the effect you want for every day use, and maybe smoothing if you want to shoot a special scene for your video(s).