Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

PvP Discussion #2 - Steam Details

okay I have been attempting to sift thru this thread and I have many questions!

1) Why the hell do we need a raid window in wurm???

2) Can you still tap a token for silver and only get 50% and then the deed automatically goes into safety from being tapped again for X period of time???

^^^^  2 From my carebear perspective is far more enjoyable!

3) WTF is wrong with small late night raids?  That is pretty much at the core of small group pvp?  Raid Times promotes big zerg on zerg not interested at all....

^^^^ Again as a carebear I didn't really consider offline raids to be that big of a deal.

4) I have noticed some bizzare comments about off dead mine doors and maxing their QL etc???  WTF is this about???  One of the greatest feature of the game is building canals thru mountains so you can sail your knarr from point A to B faster and stealthier than the other guy!  If we are somehow limiting what can be done with a mine off dead then that sounds like a terrible idea in my opinion.  It's not like a High QL stone door could hold back anybody determined to get thru it, I know I have bashed thru many in my day.  Again it's hard to really understand where we are in this regard as a vet returning to the game after some time but my 2 cents is less limitations the better!  But limiting QL on a mine door just seems silly!!!

4a) Building inside of a mine sounds freaking awesome!  I am quite sure that's a feature I always wanted in this game and from this thread I can't tell if it exists or it doesn't exist in this upcoming server but I sure hope it does exist!

Furthermore any limitations on Mine Reinforcements or Mine door quality is again DUMB!  There is nothing wrong with letting a player make a vault that he can feel safe and secure in as most pvp should happen out and about in the world not over a person's belongings in general.....

5) For what reason have we taken away the ability to ride Hell Horses and Unicorns that seems frankly arbitrary!  And again why take away and or limit content?  

5a) I am seeing comments about horses and when we can ride and how long it takes to tame etc etc???  Horses were far and away the most fleshed out content in the whole game and raising horses it's bar none my favorite portion of this game!  So why there are so many comments regarding balancing of one of the best systems makes me wonder what has happened while I was away???  Horses should take time to breed it's part of what brings value to a good horse is it's not something you can just magically create in a day or even a week.  So if you have done any bizarre messing with the time table to get too a 5 trait horse for instance then that sounds nothing but bad for my ears!

1 hour ago, sulfurblade said:

okay I have been attempting to sift thru this thread and I have many questions!

1) Why the hell do we need a raid window in wurm???

2) Can you still tap a token for silver and only get 50% and then the deed automatically goes into safety from being tapped again for X period of time???

^^^^  2 From my carebear perspective is far more enjoyable!

3) WTF is wrong with small late night raids?  That is pretty much at the core of small group pvp?  Raid Times promotes big zerg on zerg not interested at all....

^^^^ Again as a carebear I didn't really consider offline raids to be that big of a deal.

Because it sucks to have your deed deleted in the middle of the night

4) I have noticed some bizzare comments about off dead mine doors and maxing their QL etc???  WTF is this about???  One of the greatest feature of the game is building canals thru mountains so you can sail your knarr from point A to B faster and stealthier than the other guy!  If we are somehow limiting what can be done with a mine off dead then that sounds like a terrible idea in my opinion.  It's not like a High QL stone door could hold back anybody determined to get thru it, I know I have bashed thru many in my day.  Again it's hard to really understand where we are in this regard as a vet returning to the game after some time but my 2 cents is less limitations the better!  But limiting QL on a mine door just seems silly!!!

Because it sucks to chase someone, almost catch them, and have them run into a one-tile mine with a 90ql mine door.

5) For what reason have we taken away the ability to ride Hell Horses and Unicorns that seems frankly arbitrary!  And again why take away and or limit content?  

Because it sucks to have hellhorses (and 31 BC as a result) be a pvp requirement. 

5a) I am seeing comments about horses and when we can ride and how long it takes to tame etc etc???  Horses were far and away the most fleshed out content in the whole game and raising horses it's bar none my favorite portion of this game!  So why there are so many comments regarding balancing of one of the best systems makes me wonder what has happened while I was away???  Horses should take time to breed it's part of what brings value to a good horse is it's not something you can just magically create in a day or even a week.  So if you have done any bizarre messing with the time table to get too a 5 trait horse for instance then that sounds nothing but bad for my ears!

Because it sucks to have one big fight and not be able to play the game for a month while you wait for your horses to restock. (This one would have never been an issue if pvp servers weren't subject to animal caps caused by freedom animal hoarders)

• Like 6

If you die with artifacts on you do they require the tombstone to be looted to take or do they just drop on the ground and clip through it horribly as i'd expect to happen in wurm

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

If you die with artifacts on you do they require the tombstone to be looted to take or do they just drop on the ground and clip through it horribly as i'd expect to happen in wurm

Max lead count is 1 crossing over with the elevation changes.

25 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

They will be on the ground as normal as they do not end up inside the corpse.

Is it easy to code a fix for people putting on and taking off armor almost instantly? Its kinda silly tbh, and frustrating when you fight someone whos obviously using a macro to instantly remove all their armor and bail

1 hour ago, Sanguinius said:

Is it easy to code a fix for people putting on and taking off armor almost instantly? Its kinda silly tbh, and frustrating when you fight someone whos obviously using a macro to instantly remove all their armor and bail

Not a macro, but definitely something that could be conversed about for sure. 

I always thought it was silly people could change armor on/off without a timer- especially since it's so important in terms of speed (though this is just more reason you should whack legs)

I think weapons should stay as-is though

Is it written somewhere and I just missed it? But what is the mandatory tile space between two PvP deeds? I heard 50 times from perimeter to perimeter but I want to validate this info. 

I don't think it's written anywhere, but I do want to comment that I think it's extremely needless to enforce that limit between two deeds from the same kingdom- isn't that what the point of perimeter is?

3 hours ago, RainRain said:

I don't think it's written anywhere, but I do want to comment that I think it's extremely needless to enforce that limit between two deeds from the same kingdom- isn't that what the point of perimeter is?

This is the most reliable thing I found so far on perimeter, but cant seem to find anything about PvP . 

Edited by WittleBunnBun

If you're deeding next to an enemy kingdom's influence... it's tricky.  You have to have YOUR kingdom influence to be able to drop a deed.  You'd be roughly a local away from an enemy deed at best.... this is to prevent people from being able to sit on their deed and catapult/treb the enemy from their safe place.

1 minute ago, Wargasm said:

If you're deeding next to an enemy kingdom's influence... it's tricky.  You have to have YOUR kingdom influence to be able to drop a deed.  You'd be roughly a local away from an enemy deed at best.... this is to prevent people from being able to sit on their deed and catapult/treb the enemy from their safe place.

No, i am more asking about deedin on the starter islands / in your own kingdom influence

But ty for the input ! Thats also good to know

On 6/30/2020 at 10:32 PM, Darklords said:

• Meditation levels cap out at 9, no scaling sotg.

Hi, can somebody clarify what this means please? Wiki suggests SOTG is unlocked at level 7 with a 6% damage reduction to start with and scales up. 

Does this change mean SOTG is still unlocked at level 7 but will stay as a 6% damage reduction no matter what or has the damage reduction been removed completely (what else does this ability do?)? I do not see anything in the post to suggest it's been replaced with anything else.

Edited by Moondevil

I have to say, I was initially against the idea of raid windows. But after 2 weeks on the new Defiance server, I've seen a lot of deeds popping up that likely wouldn't have been possible to maintain on previous PvP servers. These deeds could be described as "Freedom-esque", as they're smaller and more open, often along major highways and without dirt walls. I feel like these types of deeds create a really good balance on the server, offering more variety within the community as well as interesting areas where conflicts can occur.

I'm optimistic that with the raid windows in place, these types of deeds will continue to be viable for people who wish to live away from the front lines and wardeeds. And to any PvE'ers reading, I encourage you to give Defiance a try!

Edit: Although I still think the raid window size should increase the further away from the starter zone a deed is placed. Deeds close to the centre of the map should be raidable 24/7. This would continue to enforce the "front line" idea.

Edited by BrokenSanity
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, BrokenSanity said:

Edit: Although I still think the raid window size should increase the further away from the starter zone a deed is placed. Deeds close to the centre of the map should be raidable 24/7. This would continue to enforce the "front line" idea.

Not sure I 100% agree on 24/7... but... I've a deed damn near center of the map and a 6 hour window feels very over powered. 

The king selection mechanic kinda sucks tbh. I have talked to folks and it's hard to find a good one that will work, and be balanced so I understand why it is the way it is, but even the replace king selection is rough. Is their an alternative in the works? I do like the voting system but it is prone to alt abuse. Making a weekend tourney event to pick is also kinda lame. My best idea would to try and get all the groups for a faction into a discord to choose a king and have a gm voila it, but it may be hard to get a cohesive agreement that way, even if the gms would consider it. Anyone have any good ideas for this/are the devs work on an alternative?

Edited by Sanguinius
Typo

18 minutes ago, Sanguinius said:

The king selection mechanic kinda sucks tbh. I have talked to folks and it's hard to find a good one that will work, and be balanced so I understand why it is the way it is, but even the replace king selection is rough. Is their an alternative in the works? I do like the voting system but it is prone to alt abuse. Making a weekend tourney event to pick is also kinda lame. My best idea would to try and get all the groups for a faction into a discord to choose a king and have a gm voila it, but it may be hard to get a cohesive agreement that way, even if the gms would consider it. Anyone have any good ideas for this/are the devs work on an alternative?

Would like for it to be alliance based. Perhaps incorporating the total premium accounts in an alliance vs other alliances and increasing the chance for deed owners in larger alliances to become selected, rather than everyone having the same chance.

45 minutes ago, RainRain said:

Would like for it to be alliance based. Perhaps incorporating the total premium accounts in an alliance vs other alliances and increasing the chance for deed owners in larger alliances to become selected, rather than everyone having the same chance.

I just wish there was a way to vote for it without people abusing just making alts

what if to become king the person with the highest battle rank in each kingdom becomes king for 2 months and every 2 months it updates who the king is. this would make it so the person who deserves to be king of each kingdom becomes king and it gets passed around a little bit over time instead of it staying on 1 person forever. also becoming king currently takes a long time due to the amount of premium players on the pvp servers. people would be more motivated to go around trying to do hota and fight people for battle rank to become king. it could be argued that people could farm accounts for battle rank but that could be disallowed just like how farming for champs points isn't allowed. what yall think?

Edited by JamesSnow
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, JamesSnow said:

what if to become king the person with the highest battle rank in each kingdom becomes king for 2 months and every 2 months it updates who the king is. this would make it so the person who deserves to be king of each kingdom becomes king and it gets passed around a little bit over time instead of it staying on 1 person forever. also becoming king currently takes a long time due to the amount of premium players on the pvp servers. people would be more motivated to go around trying to do hota and fight people for battle rank to become king. it could be argued that people could farm accounts for battle rank but that could be disallowed just like how farming for champs points isn't allowed. what yall think?

would have to fix rank decay for that to work (i've decayed rank the same day i've gotten kills plenty of times) but i like it

Artifacts in the safezone will lose 1 charge every hour till they go back into the ground even when on players. 

@Darklordsis this RL hours or Wurm hours? I had the rod artifact go from "enormous amount power" down to 0 in 2 hours RL on the starter island. Does this artifact lose charges while hunting ? I thought this one lost charges from the "use" function or time. 

7 hours ago, Moondevil said:

Artifacts in the safezone will lose 1 charge every hour till they go back into the ground even when on players. 

@Darklordsis this RL hours or Wurm hours? I had the rod artifact go from "enormous amount power" down to 0 in 2 hours RL on the starter island. Does this artifact lose charges while hunting ? I thought this one lost charges from the "use" function or time. 

bugged out and they lose a charge extremely quickly (like once per minute or something)

contact a GM if its about to go back into the ground or something, though it's been reported.

8 minutes ago, RainRain said:

bugged out and they lose a charge extremely quickly (like once per minute or something)

contact a GM if its about to go back into the ground or something, though it's been reported.

Was fortunate enough to see it in time and recharge window was in my favor, but definitely scared me and meant I had to have a late night lmao. I didn't see a bug report so wasn't sure if it was intended. Thank you.