Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

PvP Discussion #2 - Steam Details

7 hours ago, Darklords said:

Some very good points, we are willing to disable underground houses and fences to see how that goes. They can always be re enabled but can't really be taken away post people building them.

Removing a massive feature that's enjoyed by many doesn't seem like a good move. Especially from day 1 where people are deciding what server they want to settle on. I don't remember it causing any issues on new Elevation either.

It doesn't even solve anything, people will just have personal mine vaults for each person instead. So now you have many mine doors to deal with instead of just 1.

I'm pretty disappointed about this seemingly rushed decision because a couple of people don't like the underground deed aesthetic to be honest. 

Edited by BrokenSanity
  • Like 5

How will tower chaining work if the starter is on a island before a king changes the capital, will we have to build towers all through the starter island then a bunch of towers on islands to get kingdom influence to the mainland?

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

9 minutes ago, BrokenSanity said:

Removing a massive feature that's enjoyed by many doesn't seem like a good move. Especially from day 1 where people are deciding what server they want to settle on. I don't remember it causing any issues on new Elevation either.

It doesn't even solve anything, people will just have personal mine vaults for each person instead. So now you have many mine doors to deal with instead of just 1.

I'm pretty disappointed about this seemingly rushed decision because a couple of people don't like the underground deed aesthetic to be honest. 

Adding onto Borkens post. One of the big draw cards for new players will be the ability to build entirely in a mine. If this isn't possible on pvp, you've ready killed a chance of new players there.

• Like 8

Removing a popular feature because it apparently makes deeds a bit harder to raid, but at the same time adding raid windows which makes a deed impossible to raid at certain periods of time seems a bit backwards. 

Perhaps try to balance underground deeds with raid windows instead of removing one or the other entirely.

• Like 8

I think this is why they didn’t want to launch the pvp server same day lol. Pvp balance is too much of a headache 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darklords said:

Some very good points, we are willing to disable underground houses and fences to see how that goes. They can always be re enabled but can't really be taken away post people building them.

No -1..... In your new trailer you show underground housing, don’t rob new players from that. Why remove such a unique feature?

Besides, was there not a change so you can mine reinforcements on deed? If so, underground is not very safe anyway.

Leave it be, just my opinion.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Darklords said:

Please leave this alone if possible. Underground deeds are awesome aesthetically and practically. Removing then would be an extremely drastic approach to a small issue. Rudie makes a good idea about draining a deed having an affect on mine doors.

• Like 1

Will leave underground building in and consider other options mentioned here post launch as there is not enough time for anything more complicated this close to release, underground building was just turning a flag off. Thanks for all the feedback, post launch we plan to look at both on and off deed mine meta and how we can find a good middle ground with them.

• Like 11

@DarklordsWill kingdom influence be present on the main land or will we have to tower push over the water from the starter islands? Asking for a friend

33 minutes ago, Touchmee said:

@DarklordsWill kingdom influence be present on the main land or will we have to tower push over the water from the starter islands? Asking for a friend

The towers in the safe zone will have a 300 tile chain range compared to the normal 120 tiles for towers outside it.  This extra range will only chain to other towers not to tokens directly. Tokens inside the safe zone will still chain to these tower just not ones outside to clarify.

Cap mine door QL to 50 instead of disabling underground housing. All removing it is going to do, is make people live inside a mine without any walls and floors.

5 hours ago, Darklords said:

The towers in the safe zone will have a 300 tile chain range compared to the normal 120 tiles for towers outside it.  This extra range will only chain to other towers not to tokens directly. Tokens inside the safe zone will still chain to these tower just not ones outside to clarify.

Can towers be captured in the safe zone?

Is the safe zone natural influence for the kingdom?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

Can towers be captured in the safe zone?

Is the safe zone natural influence for the kingdom?

They took out tower capturing awhile ago. Shame tbh lots of fighting over tower capturing back in the day. Back to back territory control fighting between MR/Bl and KoS was fun.

8 minutes ago, AceRifle said:

Shame tbh

I'd disagree, it lead to wardeed spam to prevent losing towers. But each to their own i guess.

6 hours ago, Darklords said:

Will leave underground building in and consider other options mentioned here post launch as there is not enough time for anything more complicated this close to release, underground building was just turning a flag off. Thanks for all the feedback, post launch we plan to look at both on and off deed mine meta and how we can find a good middle ground with them.

So basically you guys left everything for the last minute.

Nice 

2 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

I'd disagree, it lead to wardeed spam to prevent losing towers. But each to their own i guess.

Eh easy fix would of been reducing influence of deeds to allow tower next to deeds to be capture. Pvp vs none. I rather have pvp. Pvp died out for good reason. A lot of it had to do with pvp never getting dev attention till recently. Now that half the devs pvp lol.

1 minute ago, atazs said:

Nice 

Lol what about all the changes we are getting??? Still a small dev team.

4 minutes ago, atazs said:

Nice 

Atazs it wasn't brought into the spotlight until the last minute and the dev team suggested an alteration to the game to address the points raised.

But due to being an undesirable change for many players they decided to not implement the suggestion and instead put some more careful thought into it in order to get a more desirable change in the future.

• Like 2

Did I miss how "safe" zones work? It seems like they are raid-able, but not so much? Just curious.

Seems if they're too safe we have 3 "bank" islands. 
 imo there should be 1 small safe zone in the very center of the map for all three kingdoms to recruit newbies from. But maybe beta game design practices aren't the way to go XD 

I'm looking for safe zone mechanic explanations btw, as I think I'm missing some information.

EDIT: Additional question/concern... Are the safe islands close enough to mainland to not require the building of boats? I sure hope so, as that's just asking for a bottle neck to encourage safe zone squatting. 

Edited by Red

Every time I read through threads like this one or the PvP Discussion #1 I'm convinced magic, especially items such as farwalker, need to just be removed altogether.  What a glorious experience the new server would be free from the game breaking junk. 

19 hours ago, Red said:

Did I miss how "safe" zones work? It seems like they are raid-able, but not so much? Just curious.

Seems if they're too safe we have 3 "bank" islands. 
 imo there should be 1 small safe zone in the very center of the map for all three kingdoms to recruit newbies from. But maybe beta game design practices aren't the way to go XD 

I'm looking for safe zone mechanic explanations btw, as I think I'm missing some information.

EDIT: Additional question/concern... Are the safe islands close enough to mainland to not require the building of boats? I sure hope so, as that's just asking for a bottle neck to encourage safe zone squatting. 

There basically starter areas with stronger guards, smaller raid windows, and village size limits.

16 hours ago, Red said:

Every time I read through threads like this one or the PvP Discussion #1 I'm convinced magic, especially items such as farwalker, need to just be removed altogether.  What a glorious experience the new server would be free from the game breaking junk. 

There will be no farwalker teleports or the speed boost items on this server.

• Like 1

Does money in your bank transfer between PvP and PvE? Is it possible to stop that from happening? Even banks should be seperate IMO

Edited by atazs

I can't find this, maybe I'm just blind, will items cross over between the PVP/PVE servers or just skills?

26 minutes ago, Radni said:

I can't find this, maybe I'm just blind, will items cross over between the PVP/PVE servers or just skills?

Just skills, was mentioned somewhere else I will update this topic to reflect that better sorry about that.

• Like 1