Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

PvP Discussion #2 - Steam Details

2 hours ago, Zekezor said:

@Quicktorits documented on the wurmpedia.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Quality_level

Effective quality section.

@Darklordsconsidering a shield is 20ql effective quality as minimum it will affect high lvl shield grinding. Is there any plans to mitigate that issue?

Most people just fight trolls with a shield of any ql once reaching sufficient shield skill. You can't AFK shield train anymore

Hi friends, Off deed mines plz just make them 40ql cap thanks :). If the map is huge they will encourage small groups to roam more. 

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

On 6/30/2020 at 9:06 PM, Rhianna said:

the main things I don't like , while liking others, are the safe zones - 500x500 is way to big to encourage people off the starter islands. We want people out fighting and pvping not hiding in safe areas.

Rhianna would say something like this. Shes in a 100+ man zerg, of course she wants the small groups to be forced to fight 10v1.

Shame on you Grandma

• Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 3:39 AM, Darklords said:

Will look into having off deed mines stay locked but be extremely easy to bash.

the death of minehopping also killed small group PVP. ask fevfev

4 hours ago, FireHeart said:

Hi friends, Off deed mines plz just make them 40ql cap thanks :). If the map is huge they will encourage small groups to roam more. 

i agree

On 6/30/2020 at 4:32 PM, Darklords said:

Weapons/Armour tweaks to change the meta up, we will be leaving this undocumented.

Will this only be applied to PVP servers, and if so why wouldn't it be for PVE servers too?
I'd assume any sorts of tweaks would benefit everyone, unless these are some really esoteric tweaks.
Will there be any noticeable difference between small and large shields now? Or wood and metal shields?

4 hours ago, Metallumere said:

Will this only be applied to PVP servers, and if so why wouldn't it be for PVE servers too?
I'd assume any sorts of tweaks would benefit everyone, unless these are some really esoteric tweaks.
Will there be any noticeable difference between small and large shields now? Or wood and metal shields?

If people really wanted it they could cross over to all servers some day as past changes have, these changes are just focused on pvp so they will be only enabled there at least to start.

On 7/2/2020 at 4:53 AM, Darklords said:

Would making them born at a riding age help you can already ride tiny horses in a small age window? Would rather them just be able to be ridden from the start than having some time period to wait even an accelerated period.

yes please

On 6/30/2020 at 5:32 PM, Darklords said:

• Weapons/Armour tweaks to change the meta up, we will be leaving this undocumented.

I'm not sure that this is a good idea, to keep it undocumented, are you sure that none of the devs who worked on this part is going to be playing on the new pvp server? Lets say that a dev who worked on this is playing with a group, and is honest and doesn't tell the group the pvp changes, they them self my subconsciously let it come out, example is they use the best armor/weapon and others pick up. Or worst case scenario a dev that knows the change does play and tells only their group hence giving that group a huge advantage, I think letting everyone know the change just makes it a lot less drama. Or no devs are playing on the new pvp server, chance are some devs have friends and friends talk about stuff :P.

• Like 2

Also yes please make the horse breeding/riding quicker.

Edited by FireHeart
typo

19 minutes ago, FireHeart said:

I'm not sure that this is a good idea, to keep it undocumented, are you sure that none of the devs who worked on this part is going to be playing on the new pvp server? Lets say that a dev who worked on this is playing with a group, and is honest and doesn't tell the group the pvp changes, they them self my subconsciously let it come out, example is they use the best armor/weapon and others pick up. Or worst case scenario a dev that knows the change does play and tells only their group hence giving that group a huge advantage, I think letting everyone know the change just makes it a lot less drama. Or no devs are playing on the new pvp server, chance are some devs have friends and friends talk about stuff :P.

Not even just that we can and will find out damage values of gear in time like has been done in the past and within no time we will know based on feeling what gear works better so keeping it hidden serves only to keep the less informed and newer players in the dark while benefiting the rest

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wipeout said:

Not even just that we can and will find out damage values of gear in time like has been done in the past and within no time we will know based on feeling what gear works better so keeping it hidden serves only to keep the less informed and newer players in the dark while benefiting the rest

Yep thats another valid point, all the vets are already gonna have an advantage on knowledge, doesn't make sense if we want new players to come into the game to be gimped from the start 

• Like 1

So.. all this thread is so much about what should and what shouldnt be in this new server to balance things etc. I did a small test. So it happened i needed an alt, so i made a new one. Premmed it straight away. It gets 24 hours newbie buffs. Now, i didnt gear that toon up with my main, nor it received any help from other characters. Purely noob toon play in experienced player hands. The outcome is simple - during 24hours of game play, that toon has 50 fighting skill, 60 chosen weapon skill, 35 chosen shield skill, 30 each normal/agrro stance skill, can ride a horse, has above 20.10 mind logic and can craft his own leather armour, shield and weapon up to 50QL gathering all materials himself. I specifically had that 24 hours play time frame as thats how long newbie buffs last giving you a nice buff to choose what to kill and how you farm without aggroing everything and dyeing multiple times. 

in comparison, on average it takes 2 weeks if not more for a fresh player to even ride a horse, way, way more to hit 50 fighting skill.. 

Now add the fact that experienced players make groups, where fighters dont craft/gather leaving dedicated crafters/gatherers to do that while they just grind fighting. Combine that and you will see that after just 2 days if not less you will see group of 70fs fighters in 70ql gear roaming around whacking newbies that are still "looking for iron to mine". Then add on top this, that the pvp server will be released 1 week later that most state "it does" not affect much lol. that means, those groups will be even able to start their pvp server career already having 70ql gear on them in the first 1-2 hours since server opens. 

How do you call this for a BALANCE? lol Do you really think it will make the difference where newbies spawn, how fast foal grow, what meditations allowed/disallowed and other crap? No, it WONT! 

@Skatynaeh... what?

I tell ya what. Make a new char on chaos and spawn at hunters lodge. Achieve 70ql self-crafted weapons in 2 days (and only that. without external help). I'll give ya 2 sleep powder and 10s.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Cat 1

4 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

@Skatynaeh... what?

I tell ya what. Make a new char on chaos and spawn at hunters lodge. Achieve 70ql self-crafted weapons in 2 days (and only that. without external help). I'll give ya 2 sleep powder and 10s.

I add 1g if he make IT without aby help xD 

I think he playing on WU server 10x or what?

35 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

Achieve 70ql self-crafted weapons in 2 days

Who said 70Ql in 2 days? My point was pvp server release a week after pve. Crafting skills will transfer. Within a week group's crafters (shared acc between 2-3ppl that is legal) will spam those 70 ql weapons/armors.

PVP server releases, those crafters will make gear in 2 hours. fighters create new toons with 24h noob buff. With that buff you avoid whats needed, kill whats required. after a day those fighters are all 50-70 fs and riding. You dont waste time to grind 21bc.. you will get that while hunting, by the time your 40+ fs you can ride. Actually, given the gear from crafters, you dont waste your time at all. You just hunt.

36 minutes ago, Spy said:

I think he playing on WU server 10x or what?

yeah that 100x WU server called Pristine. 

32 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

SHOUTING

What is the point of your post? That new players will have a disadvantage to experienced players? What does that have to do with balancing?

There is no way to balance experience in a game with a steep learning curve. Also, I am guessing you at least benefited from the many towers built all over Release and the many places to run and hide from creatures. There won't be any towers or highways at launch. Maybe some folks will get to 70 Fighting in a few days but so what? The safe zones will have many advantages for new players to avoid getting slaughtered and I know many in the community will help any new players learn the game.

I like the idea of raid windows, it works well in EVE in my experience.

I assume the mob count will be low at lauch since the total amount of mobs don't spawn on the server on day 1, they gradually increase over time as far as I recall, so its not like an established server where there will be plenty of aggro mobs to kill right away, that might mitigate the ability to massively grind fs at the start

3 hours ago, Skatyna said:

So.. all this thread is so much about what should and what shouldnt be in this new server to balance things etc. I did a small test. So it happened i needed an alt, so i made a new one. Premmed it straight away. It gets 24 hours newbie buffs. Now, i didnt gear that toon up with my main, nor it received any help from other characters. Purely noob toon play in experienced player hands. The outcome is simple - during 24hours of game play, that toon has 50 fighting skill, 60 chosen weapon skill, 35 chosen shield skill, 30 each normal/agrro stance skill, can ride a horse, has above 20.10 mind logic and can craft his own leather armour, shield and weapon up to 50QL gathering all materials himself. I specifically had that 24 hours play time frame as thats how long newbie buffs last giving you a nice buff to choose what to kill and how you farm without aggroing everything and dyeing multiple times. 

I'm pretty Impressed you were able to get 50 mining. You prob got like 30-40 weaponsmithing I assume, gonna be honest getting 30-40 weaponsmithing takes a while curious what speed server you were on.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 12:39 PM, Darklords said:

Other  

• Servers are planned to launch together.

@Skatyna. From page 3

1 hour ago, FireHeart said:

I'm pretty Impressed you were able to get 50 mining. You prob got like 30-40 weaponsmithing I assume, gonna be honest getting 30-40 weaponsmithing takes a while curious what speed server you were on.

jez, so many players are actually so big noobs after spending years in game.. 

i specifically said "leather armour" as can be imped with any ql leather, easy to create and getting 30 skill in leatherworking takes no time. in fact, you get to 45+ql in about good hour  using 1 of the 2 sleep powders you get from premming. I also said "weapon of choice" why do you think thats gotta be weaponsmithing skill? Didnt you know you can carve a nice staff just using your carpentry thats once again - very easy to get  started in no time from a log that you get 45 ql after chopping some trees for another bit spending your other sleep powder? 

Anyways, stick to your weaposmithing and mining i guess, suits you :)

15 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

jez, so many players are actually so big noobs after spending years in game.. 

i specifically said "leather armour" as can be imped with any ql leather, easy to create and getting 30 skill in leatherworking takes no time. in fact, you get to 45+ql in about good hour  using 1 of the 2 sleep powders you get from premming. I also said "weapon of choice" why do you think thats gotta be weaponsmithing skill? Didnt you know you can carve a nice staff just using your carpentry thats once again - very easy to get  started in no time from a log that you get 45 ql after chopping some trees for another bit spending your other sleep powder? 

Anyways, stick to your weaposmithing and mining i guess, suits you :)

Ah I havnt really played the game that much in a long time, so not sure whats meta, Just trying to find information, that makes sense now that you used staff

4 minutes ago, FireHeart said:

Ah I havnt really played the game that much in a long time, so not sure whats meta, Just trying to find information, that makes sense now that you used staff

wasnt directly replying to you only, its in general, so many ppl dont think or just dont know the game, but they do know whats possible or impossible lol

Was wood staff buffed? It is or was as bad as a belaying pin (worse than unarmed even). Crowbar might be an option (blacksmithing)