Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

PvP Discussion #2 - Steam Details

With the server coming up fast we wanted to give you some time to look over and give feedback on the new pvp server changes. These are still subject to change before the server launch. Most of the changes from the elevation reset will be crossing over to this new server. Feel free to discuss the changes listed below and anything else you think was missed.

Same as last time please keep the discussion civil and keep the kingdom stuff in discord/skirmishes.

Elevation Changes Staying

• Maximum digging slope has been reduced to 150.

• Maximum surface mining / tunneling slope has been reduced to 60.

• There now needs to be a minimum of 3 tiles between mine doors.

• Meditation levels cap out at 9, no scaling sotg.

• Hate Damage Bonus now Increases lockpicking chance.

• Element Immunity now only lasts 5 minutes down from 30.

• Rare vehicles will no longer increase the speed.

• Rare horse gear now takes less damage instead of granting a speed bonus.

• Horses give birth faster.

• Traders have stopped selling some items like resurrection stones.

• No teleports like karma recall/farwalkers.

• Hell horses and Unicorns cannot be hitched or ridden.

• No champions on this server.

• PMK not available till later into servers life.

Safe Zones/Travel/Raiding

• Players will move between the new pvp and pve server much like how epic works with a portal on each side that is simple to craft. Most skills will cross, but some will not including faith/meditation and likely fighting skill. Items will not cross with you only skills.

• Map will be 4k in size.

• Starting areas will be 3 islands on the edges of the map with easy exposed rock, these are about 500x500 tiles each.

• Starting islands will have a safe zone around them with the following perks/penalties

• Much much stronger Tower/Village guards spawn inside this zone instead of the normal ones.

• Reduced damage from siege weapons.

• Villages have no silver removed when drained, only left in to allow breaking mine reinforcements.

• Shorter raid windows than outside the starting islands(more below).

• Max village size 21x21 inside this zone.

• Capitals cannot be located inside this safe zone. 

• Artifacts in the safezone will lose 1 charge every hour till they go back into the ground even when on players. 

• Battle camp towers cannot spawn inside or within 200 tiles of safe areas.

• Deeds can now only be raided during raid windows, villages will be able to pick the time this window opens and this can only be changed every 2 weeks. The window duration is dictated by villager/alliance count and if it's located in the safe zone or not. You will be able to view the window and how long till it starts by right clicking any wall/fence on the deed from any distance. Starter villages will be 100% unraidable.

• Raid windows will be around 2 hours for safe zones and 6+ hours outside them.

The safe zones are designed to give the server safer areas for base kingdoms where being evicted from the server is not really an option while keeping the majority of the map dangerous as usual. There are some restrictions for this zone to make it not great as bases for larger groups.  These zones will be limited to 3 seperate islands where the starter villages will be located, the main landmass of the map will remain more dangerous.The raid windows are focused on giving players control over when people can attack so defending it is not a 24 hour job and people are not trying to find off hours to attack with no defenders.

Valrei/Death Changes

• No Valrei Tomes, other rewards will replace including resurrection stones.

• Will have its own separate copy of Valrei and will have its rewards reworked, missions to get you off deed will be much more common than missions you can do in safety.

• The rewards from valrei for top players will change to things like:

• Shaker orbs

• Tuning forks

• Good enchanted compasses

• High QL tool belts

• Sleep powder

• Star gems

• 10 80-100ql gems

• Decorative masks

• Resurrection stones

• Resurrection stones will only come from valrei

• The magranon effect will now only have a 20% to save items vs the 50% of stones.

• Very rarely small magic chests(Limited to tier 1)

• More suggestions welcome

• Rewards structure will be as follows:

• Tier 1(1 Player): One Resurrection Stone/Two 1kg Seryll Lumps/One roll on the side items table/roll for small magic chest.

• Tier 2(3 Players): Two 1kg Seryll Lumps/1 roll on the side items table.

• Tier 3(5 Players): One 1kg Seryll Lump

• When players die to other players their items will be placed inside a grave that cannot be moved or destroyed by normal methods, a 60 second action on the grave will destroy it leaving the corpse with the loot under it. Recall corpses cannot be used for 20 mins after death now when the corpse is inside a grave.

The valrei changes are intended to move away from the karma spells as rewards and to make the rewards things like the only source of resurrection stones to give incentive to go out and try and win. The grave stones are intended to stop early looting and require you to win a fight or push an enemy off to claim your prize and not just trying to spam pickup mid fight.

Misc Changes

• Random chests spawns will return and will only contain high ql normal supplies always/rare bones sometimes.

• There will be a few karma spells castable by anyone with a gem staff/karma to use them these will be:

• Summon Skeletons/Wraith/Worg

• Mirrored Self

• Stone/Ice/Fire walls

• The White and Black lights will be much harder to destroy.

• Locate artifact will have a cast power dependent chance to locate an underground artifact closest to the player instead of a random one.

• Global message when the artifact recharge window opens and closes.

• Weapon potions like potion of acid will instead craft one of the other skilling potions.

• Weapons/Armour tweaks to change the meta up, we will be leaving this undocumented.

• Increased shield/shield bashing skill outside of the safe zones.

• Village warbonus will now reduce the damage your walls/fences take from siege and no longer increase players damage.

• PvP server player count only updates around every hour.

• Locate souls will have a reduced range, this will now include locating corpses.

• Off deed reinforcements will have a much higher chance to break when using the disintegrate spell.

• Messages like lost link/left the world/logged in will only be shown to people in your own kingdom.

• Like 17
  • Cat 1

Hell yeah, no PMKs!

Edit:
Having read through the post completely now, I fully support the changes in it. This actually sounds very promising!

Edit2:

After reading some of the other posts in here, I do agree that raid windows are problematic.

Also, since some people seem to highly prefer full skill cross-over, why not link the two servers together so that you can cross over by boat? This still largely prevents the opportunistic pvp mindset of "oh there's something happening let me portal over".

Edited by Monokles
  • Like 2

Will tomes still drop from uniques/be in the marks store or are they completely removed?

Has there been any thought into reducing the RNG of normal horse traits effecting speed? Feels pretty bad that a horse can go 40km/h one minute and 25km/h the next, and you can abuse certain mechanics to reset the traits until it's full speed anyway so that should probably be looked at if we're going horse only

Overall some good changes, looking forward to pvp release

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Will tomes still drop from uniques/be in the marks store or are they completely removed?

Has there been any thought into reducing the RNG of normal horse traits effecting speed? Feels pretty bad that a horse can go 40km/h one minute and 25km/h the next, and you can abuse certain mechanics to reset the traits until it's full speed anyway so that should probably be looked at if we're going horse only

Overall some good changes, looking forward to pvp release

Tomes are fully gone from the new pvp server, can look into speed traits and how they activate.

• Like 4

Very nice 

Completely hypothetical scenario

If I'm raiding Beastwolfs deed and they decide to log out whilst necroe returns to old habits and starts loading his knar with stolen gear, as that alliance number drops will the raid window also drop if it originally started out at 6 hours or will that time frame be locked weather they rage quit or not? 

Also

Village warbonus will now reduce the damage your walls/fences take from siege and no longer increase players damage

This was a very nice and unexpected change

Edited by Mclavin

regarding raid window.

Does this mean buildings/walls are immune?? or does it just mean you cannot drain a deed?

only asking as the War bonus could increase the time of getting into a deed typically you cannot raid a deed in 2 hours if its also being defended

During a raid window once an alarm has been raised etc maybe make it so buildings cannot be repaired ??

War bonus could work both ways decrease the damage taken but also increase the damage on war machines?

Forgot to mention great changes @Darklordsand team looking forward to steam release!

Edited by hemrzz
  • Like 1

Some good some bad, I don't like these safe zones... I could put all my ###### into a deed in the safe zone and reinforce the mine to a horrible degree - put a ton of guards - pick a raid window I know the enemy kingdoms don't have people on.

Also: People are gunna die really really quick, not sure if that makes it better or worse

Edited by Mojo

It may go without saying but just checking if early aging of horses is still increased so they don't take 2 weeks to be ridable, not just faster gestation times?

Why with the raid windows - are people really getting that soft that they need that... I just hope this doesn't go onto Chaos

And the safe zones - artifacts should never be allowed in them, also like Mojo said people are gonna die way to quick now.

The only thing I do like is getting rid of tomes

I really miss the 2013 time of pvp, this doesn't appeal at all, such a pity

Edited by Rhianna
  • Like 4

I think i like most of the changes, only ones that cause concern are the safe zone and raid window time.

Also, the no champions on this server.... I'm assuming champions of god and not champion creatures.

yeah no (people) champs was on the last version of Ele I think

Edited by Rhianna

Having to grind faith twice again is going to be fun (not).

• Like 1

One thing about the first week is that everyone will be skilling fs and I was wondering if you would consider speeding up the spawn rate and having a larger than normal hostile spawn on launch, also maybe look at having a larger than normal pelt producing animal rate

Edited by Rhianna
  • Like 3

A 4K map is still big even for steam IMO. Let’s compromise and do 3K. Mob count will be the biggest issue. 

No tomes and mediation cap I like that. I Like changing up the gear meta too.

I don’t like all skills not transferring from pve to pvp. Way too easy to abuse body stats that way. And a huge advantage  to pve accounts. I’m sure I speak for the whole pvp community that we could careless if someone grinds 100 in every skills on the pve server and comes over to the pvp server. 

This is as close to 2013 pvp as we’ll ever get without mine hops. Should be a lot of fun. People aren’t  gonna be hitting deadly hards right off the bat. No epic curve. People aren’t gonna die that fast.

Im not liking  the safe zones. Theres not enough downside/incentive to living out of it atm.

After having a coffee and rereading the proposed changes I have to agree more with Acerifle - the main things I don't like , while liking others, are the safe zones - 500x500 is way to big to encourage people off the starter islands. We want people out fighting and pvping not hiding in safe areas.

I also do not like the tombstones, sounds like a good way to ensure the bigger groups get the loot and smaller groups will miss out as they won't be able to stand their ground until the timer is up.

Also do not like the raid window, we didnt need it on epic, on chaos so why now, are we all that pathetic that we need pvp to be safer and safer, next you'll take away full loot but by then no one will be pvping so prob doesnt matter

I do like no sotg, no champs, no tomes and meditation cap and the slope changes.

Not sure about the res stones only being available by valrei - people may not want to go out without a res stone so may lead to only the starter island missions being done for those that dont have a res stone, this will lead to greater reliance on alliance / kingdom members to supply them.

Anyway still looking forward to starting a new char, just hope its fun....

Oh and I really hope you disallow artifacts on starter islands, they shouldn' t be safe in any manner

Oh and something else is that raid windows isnt pvp - basically having to schedule an attack , half the fun of raiding is it could happen at anytime, if people arent on to defend then they should have people from different timezones checking or alarms. This is heading towards a boring type of pvp / raiding that doesn't appeal to the vast majority of people Ive spoken to

Edited by Rhianna

The success of this raid zone/time thing on steam could drastically determine its success on chaos 

Bring back minehops yo.

Some actual good looking stuff planned tho.

Edited by Morrowen

Beastwolf if the raid window comes to Chaos, I suspect many would just leave, there's few enough people playing Chaos atm, last night I was 1 of 5

4 minutes ago, Morrowen said:

Bring back minehops yo.

Some actual good looking stuff planned tho.

Bring back off deed minehops yo*

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AceRifle said:

Bring back off deed minehops yo*

Id like to see this but maybe make it only 20- 40ql mine doors can be planted off deed ?

Posting this for a friend -

The SAFE ZONES and RAID WINDOWS, added to a PvP Server to make it more welcoming, ultimately will also be the death of server.

1. Raid Windows #1
A vigorous and creatively  built deed could easily stand 4 hours without any defense.  Raid windows have just made it impenetrable.   

2. Raid Windows #2 (ft Safe Zone)
A 2 Hour Window, to raid a Safe Zone, with already intensified guards.  Forget it.....    That is a free item stash point if I ever saw one. 

It basically going to end up like home servers all over again, with people hauling their loot into the safe zone (instead of the home server)
 SAFE ZONES:  So you have taken the Home Server Concept, and basically just built it onto the same map.... great..... Fail

1. Raid Windows - Abolish Outside "Safe Zone" area would be best, otherwise at least an 8 hour window is needed.
2. Raid Windows - Extend to 4 Hours in "Safe Zone" Area
3.  CAP ITEM CRAFTING QUALITY AND ORE QUALITY IN SAFE AREA to 50QL  -- You want better... get yo fat a.. out of dat Safe Zone....
4.  CAP ITEM CRAFTING QUALITY AND ORE QUALITY IN STARTER AREA TO 30QL  -- Sufficient for Learning....
5.  ITEMS over 50QL in SAFE AREAS take SIGNIFICANT Damage per tick....
6.  ITEMS over 30QL in STARTER AREAS take SIGNIFICANT Damage per tick.....
7. CAP Skillgain over 50 if in Safe Area
8. CAP Skillgain over 30 if in Starter Area

Essentially if you want to make or keep anything of quality --- you need to live OUTSIDE the damn SAFE Zones.....
If you want to grind over 50 Skill, get yo a.. out of that safe zone...
----
Portals  - Remove from Create Anywhere -- Portals to PvE back at Starter Only...

Skills:  Body Stats, Fighting, Weapons, Shield, Shield Bashing, Archery, Fletching, Armour/Shield/Weapon Smithing,  -- and anything else that has a combat focus.... Non-transferrable between PvE & PvP servers --- PvE can bring their Arts/Crafts/Farming over....  but if they want to grind combat related skills do it on the PvP server.(edited)
 NO PMK's... special shout out to all the Spy Alts out there --- WELCOME BACK !!!

• Like 3

"safe zones" "raid windows" Yeah ill play pve for a month then quit again....

Full Loot (graves with loot timers... yeeeeaaah you've probably got mixed feelings here)

Full Raid (no quirky windows); I'd suggest a window of more than 12 hours atleast.. or something unpredictable. Your raid windows wont favor certain timezones which will exclude people from the raiding concept of the game

No tomes (you've done that.. congrats) 

No safe zones (or at the very least a home server unraidable (You've done this too) zone/deed where you can raise some skills in safety before venturing out)

You've made some amazing additions.... and added things that aren't even necessary. I suspect alot of hate for the raid window, maybe alot of hate in the future for the tombstone addition.. I personally wont bother with raid timers and pvp fights with the gravestone. That pretty much eliminates me from pvp. You'll have some people who will give it a go.. and some that wont bother returning due to these changes.  

can't say that i dislike something i am reading in the changes

really don't understand why people won't want the raid windows, finally putting an end to offline raids, long overdue

the safe zone change is nice aswell, but maybe even put limited QL ressources in those spots like suggested, doesn't have to be too crazy

but there should be some more incentive leaving the safe zone

minehops offdeed would also be a good addition to this iteration

can be limited to like 40QL like hemz said, cause that sounds more reasonable

but with the change that offdeed reinforcements are really easy to disintegrate into, offdeed hops should be back (meaning that they don't just open if you go through while an enemy is in local, but it keeps being locked)

just overlooked the first time i read through it, but why wouldn't meditating cross to PvE?

it's one of the most time consuming skills and you want us to grind it 2 times?

all in all

nice changes

Edited by Quicktor

8 hours ago, Darklords said:

Most skills will cross, but some will not including faith/meditation and likely fighting skill.

why are we not going to let meditation skill cross over? most people dont even want to level it once. now if any player wants to get meditation skill on both sides they would have to meditate port over and meditate, and port back again just to continue what they were doing. And to top it all off put a meditation cap on 50 for pvp server which doesnt make it very useful. So because its not as useful, why are we not letting it cross ? What harm will it cause to allow people mediation on either server to keep the skills.

• Like 2