Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Grinding Botanize (70--90)

Trying to figure out if there are any tricks or optimisations I can use for grinding botanize 70--90.

At the moment I am botanizing for herbs (they're lightest) and doing it on a large meadow we keep offdeed.

Are there any other tricks I can use to help this process along?

Step it up to Steppe! :P The difficulty of steppe is harder than grass, bush, and tree tiles :)There might be harder difficulty tiles, Ill have to check.

I can say that I regularly "grind" botanizing, together with foraging, for 25-35 minutes every day, with SB on, around my deed, on tree and grass tiles. Recent limit per day is less time but skill, I stop at 0.10 to 0.11 skill gain (if one of the two is reached ahead, I use to grind the other exclusively). My recent skills are 79.64 botanizing and 81.42 foraging, and so far skill is still progressing sufficiently well. That is why I refrained from trying further away and less frequent steppe tiles. I am rather confident to reach skill 90 during the next months unless i get lazy.

Edited by Ekcin
typo

I'm still finding my way; I did 1-70 botanize in long stretches but since I hit 70 the skillgain has dropped drastically low (about 0.1 per 30--45 mins depending on luck is about right).

In theory, I can plant a large steppe area nearby (there is a large empty patch of land, but I keep it as meadow for the flowers).

Does moss have a higher difficulty than steppe?

Hiya Etherdrifter

I have a 99+ skill in both.

There are lots of reasons to forage and/or botanise - skill being just one of them.  The way that you grind the skill will be determined partly by what else you want out of it.

Location is one of the biggest factors - how much land you can devote to the task, how secure/local/accessible it is, and for what other purposes it is being used. 

The other uses to which the land is put will have a bearing on the type of tiles available to you for your grind.

Any grind then has to fit in with your lifestyle and the other things you want to do.

I have complex reasons behind my foraging/botanising decisions, but I personally use wild grass with flowers. I eat foraging and botanising pizzas, and I use sleep bonus.

Look for a place that is a pleasant, safe environment to spend your time, because, you will spend a lot of time on these skills, so you might as well choose somewhere you can relax and enjoy the scenery. 

Happy Foraging and Botanising!  :) 

Edited by Muse
  • Like 2