Sign in to follow this  
Brash_Endeavors

I hope there is going to be live server testing of new UI 2 weeks prior to Steam ....

Not Saying I have any doubts it will be free of game breaking bugs, especially with the mouseover "put into containers/take from containers"  stuff.  Just saying ... it might be good to get as many people as possible testing it PRIOR to the launch on Steam.   NOT just test server as people won't be trying it as thoroughly as when everyone is using it for their daily 

Yes it might be "A Big Surprise!" to unveil it on July 24, but could be the wrong kind of surprises.

• Like 1

There already is a test server with the new UI implemented, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Or you mean bring it to the current servers?

Edited by Jotz

You can literally log into the test preview client and test it now, I am sure anyone willing to do that will place any comments on current issues, they said they want to have UI official release close to steams, though I think a week prior to steam would be smart

Edited by Jeston
  • Like 1

It'll be out very soon, we're working out the last quirks reported by team testing now and it should be good to go for a live public testing as we announced.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jotz said:

There already is a test server with the new UI implemented, unless I'm misunderstanding something. 

1 hour ago, Jeston said:

You can literally log into the test preview client and test it now, I am sure anyone willing to do that will place any comments on current issues 

which is precisely why I put   "NOT just test server as people won't be trying it as thoroughly as when everyone is using it for their daily routines"   

On Test Server it is not really possible to thoroughly test everythingI am not curious what it looks like or how it is supposed to work. I can watch Retro's videos for that. I am curious what happens when hundreds of people, a few who are a little bit on the "creatively inventive" dodgy side,  deliberately try to find some way to break gameplay via glitches in the UI. I will happily admit that those people are much smarter than me.  I remember when people were able to use Hot Keys to "take" items despite permissions making it forbidden, animals walking through fences (multiple updates! Goodbye forever all my champion deer!), people being granted ownership of a boat by sailing it to another server, people finding weird and odd ways to deliberately crash the server, and other unhappy occurrences. It is not a good look when the very first day of Steam sees a bunch of veterans rage-quitting.

Thank you Samool. So I'll take it that this "live public testing" means it indeed goes live onto the existing servers sometime before Steam unveils the game to a new generation of Wurmers.

I hope it is 2 weeks or so, so we can give it a real pounding.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Cat 1

I just went on the test server but saw no signs of the new UI.

Edited by atazs

Run "Wurm Online [Choose Client]" then select "Test - Preview" client. New UI is there.

19 hours ago, Explora said:

Run "Wurm Online [Choose Client]" then select "Test - Preview" client. New UI is there.

Thanks

Edited by atazs

On 7/1/2020 at 9:11 AM, atazs said:

Thanks

I was waiting for an answer to your unedited post ("I don't have a 'ChooseClint' option) , because I also could not find this option.   But you apparently either found it yourself, or someone tipped you off, and you simply edited the question away.  Can someone tip me off too, as I also do not get this "Choose Client" option anywhere....

edit:  I apparently have a wurmclient.jnlp dated 6-22-2020, not a WurmLauncher64.exe. Having an exe that you need to edit the shortcut of with special parameters like -c seems a little less than obvious for people not in on the maneuver. 

2 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I was waiting for an answer to your unedited post, because I also could not find Run "Wurm Online [Choose Client]" then select "Test - Preview" client.   But you apparently either found it yourself, or someone tipped you off, and you simply edited the question away.  

Can someone tip me off too, as I also do not get this "Choose Client" option anywhere....

Create a shortcut to WurmLauncher64.exe and edit the Target of the shortcut, by adding -c in the end.

C:\games\wurm\WurmLauncher64.exe -c

Edited by Shmeric

It crashed everything lol

Anyway I hope they plan to put it on the live servers a few weeks before Steam. You cannot really "test everything" on a server with 5 other people who are all given full drake/scale/glimmersteel and a TEST function to simply spawn anything they need.

edit:  I only had Test-preview when I logged in a short bit ago, apparently they fixed that now.

8 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

It crashed everything lol

Anyway I hope they plan to put it on the live servers a few weeks before Steam. You cannot really "test everything" on a server with 5 other people who are all given full drake/scale/glimmersteel and a TEST function to simply spawn anything they need.

Today's release (that I linked) allows you to test it on live servers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Samool said:

Today's release (that I linked) allows you to test it on live servers.

WOOT!!!

This is what I've been waiting for!