Sign in to follow this  
Hammer

(Har) N16-The Northern Freedom Isles Market - *Largest Market Looking for villagers/merchants**updated 8/21

Some of you may know me as Yekrut. Others may call me Turkey. And others may remember me as Shut up, kid!

Whether you do or don't know me, I have a history in Wurm Online spanning several years and I have a plan for the new Steam PVE server.

I've been planning this for any new server. I just didn't know it would take place on a new set of servers, but hey, I'm only human. 

I'm looking to put together a large market--THE largest market on the new Steam PVE server. I've already started planning. I want to get everything as organized as possible before the server opens and I'm looking for experienced players to join up.  What I want is for players who plan to play on the new server to sign up and take on a specific role. When it comes to authority, you will have the responsibility of managing that aspect of the settlement, with input from myself and the other managers. We will have regular small meetings to review and plan future changes to the settlement. You and I will discuss how you should use your role for the betterment of the market and I'll make sure the whole thing comes together in an interesting and organized way. We will find a project for you to work on, and you spend as much time on it as you can. 

For example, if you agree to be our Master Dye Maker, you will need to level that skill up as quickly as possible because the market will be counting on you. If you're the Main Animal Breeder, your fellow market developers will be counting on you to donate and sell whatever animals you can. Not a lot of sales will be happening at the start of the server because skill levels will be low and no pro items will be in the game yet. Working together and helping each other will set our market apart from other markets. Working together will also help you to acquire better tools and resources before other settlements in the game. We'll design the market to be enormous, colorful, and aesthetically pleasing. I also plan to have a limited amount of lighting to ensure that players have as little lag as possible while in the market.

We want to be very, very organized so the market will look amazing. For that to happen, each person's personal preferences will be somewhat limited. What does that mean? It means that the Main Building Designer will have most control over how the residential area looks. It'll be his job to plan structures and see that they are built in an organized way (placement, material type, size). The Main Outdoor Decorator will be in charge of decorating the outside shrubs and landscapes, etc. This is a normal limitation while being part of a larger settlement. But it's good because having one person choose these things for everyone will make an overall better visual effect. Also note that you may have to work with another manager to accomplish some aspects of your role. For example, if you're the ship builder, you may not be able to make your own high level ropes, so you would need to collaborate with other villagers to get rope. Most likely you could trade for some ropes or give up your products for free starting out and someone is likely to give you what you need when they get it. Helping someone else first can go a long way in villager relationships. 

It's a big undertaking. What do you have to gain from helping out with this project? Let me list a few things that will put you ahead of everyone else when it comes to the new server:

-You'll get a larger, more desirable house in the market area. 

-You'll have a preferred space for a merchant when the market is ready to open.(still true)

-You'll have access to a large community that shares their tools and resources with you, which will put us ahead of other settlements.(still true)

-You will be conveniently located next to the largest market in the server.(still true)

-It will be easier to raise your skills being in a large settlement with a common mine, forge, etc. (still true)

-We will be a large settlement at first, while we raise our skills and develop the market. Then we'll open the market as it's ready and the server matures.(still true)

-You'll be able to make some silver a little later, when the market opens to traffic from the entire server. (still true)

-You will have access to our wagoner, which makes bulk shipping much more convenient than delivering it yourself by cart or ship.(still true)

-You'll be part of a settlement that won't play for a few days and then quit. It's common among new players. We will keep growing this community until we're all highly skilled and rich. You will also have the benefit of being part of a large-scale project, which will be much bigger than most, if not all, other settlements early in the game.(still true)

What do you have to lose?

What do we need from you?

You'll need a few things to be able to sign up to take on a role:

-Premium. You'll need high skills eventually to continue to improve the market's appearance and amenities, which will require premium on at least one of your accounts.
-This isn't like a real job, so you create your own hours. However, in order to fulfill your role as a manager, you'll need to put in an honest effort. If it becomes clear that you aren't fulfilling your duties or trying to steal/scam other members of the group, we'll replace you with someone who fills the role more adequately. 

-Donations. While you're raising your skills you can create storage bins, forges, carts, etc. to level up your character to be able to perform more difficult tasks. Collect your shards, ores, wood, etc. and throw them in a bin so that other people may use them for raising their skills. This type of network can be beneficial for everyone who joins in on this market. If it's not useful to you at the moment, it may be useful for someone else, so don't throw it away. Give it away if you can.

Phase 1 - Set up stations for grinding up skills, a small house for each player on the table above, and a small building for each main development focus, such as smithing, leatherworking, etc. At the moment this stage is expected to last for around 1 month. It really depends on how fast we can grind up skills and gather materials for the next phase.

Phase 2 - The market opens for venders who are part of the market's development (as listed above). We begin to change the settlement and terraform/lay down the foundation for the endgame market design. Our sellers open their venders so that other players may buy their wares. The final market design is being developed currently, which will be completed at phase 3. During phase 2 we will begin building with whatever skill sets we have gained at that time. This phase is most likely going to take the following 1-2 months to set up

Phase 3 - The beginnings of the endgame marketplace are in place, and just need to be completed over time as we get higher skill levels. The marketplace has been changed to accommodate sellers from all across the server. We fully open to the public and connect our establishment to other settlements via highways. We install a wagoner for shipments. We begin selling bulk materials and horses. We open our services to the entire server, such as sermon group inclusion, public mine, etc.

As we reach phase 3, villagers who have kept up with their roles in the development of the market are free to move out and start their own settlements. They will be able to keep their house, title, and role in the marketplace, as well as their special market merchant spot for as long as they remain active on the server. They are free to pursue other endeavors and aren't expected to stay at the marketplace forever. Anyone who leaves early or fails to help the settlement adequately before that happens would give up their slot to someone else

*update*

Our project is as large and ambitious as ever, so feel free to join up with us.

How to sign up:

Send me (Hammer) a pm with your discord ID so that I can send you an invite to our channel. Also include which role you want to have, or if you would like to be a general helper.  If you don't want to use discord then you can send your Wurm Online username and email address so we can keep contact for important developments. I'll also use your email to share market spreadsheets with you. I won't use it for any other purposes, I promise. You may also message me in Wurm Online on Yekrut to discuss more information. If it's a high difficulty role you need to tell me why you think you could do a good job and how much experience you have doing that. Some roles will require some experience and others will require little or none. You can send a nickname if you don't want anyone to see your character name in advance (so nobody else takes it when the server opens).  If I think you'll do a good job I'll add you to the list. You should sign up for 2 or 3 roles if you think you will be able to handle all of them. You can also sign up as backup if you want to help the primary person with that task. If there's a role you would like but it isn't listed, send me a message and maybe we can add yours. 

ROLES:

Position Title Difficulty (1 to 5) Main Duty Secondary Duty Primary Player Secondary Player
Animal Breeder 2 supply traited animals supplying milk Nafiti  
Archaeologist 1 2 recover fragments and produce neat things for the villagers/market collect flowers    
Archaeologist 2 2 recover fragments and produce neat things for the villagers/market collect flowers    
Blacksmith 2 creating higher level bs items for others   Wushi Ranger
Builder 1 1 Follow the Building Designer's plans and help build help anyone   Tsarbomba
Builder 2 1 Follow the Building Designer's plans and help build help anyone    
Builder 3 1 Follow the Building Designer's plans and help build help anyone    
Building Designer 5 - deed planner required design a unique and interesting collection of buildings to fit specific areas   Turkeys  
Bulk Producer 1 1 stone, wood, animal parts, herbs, etc using alts is ok   Turkeys
Bulk Producer 2 1 ore, lumps, etc using alts is ok    
Wood Cutting 1 produce sprouts, nuts, fruit, chop wood, provide logs help anyone Terranin Xatirichan
Carpenter 2 help other citizens get carts, beds, wagons, plan structures help anyone Cyranth Terranin
Chain Armor Smith 3 produce and improve chain armor for villagers   Ranger  
Chef 2 making a variety of high quality foods for affinity bonuses farming McDanky Yekrut
Coal Maker 2 steel production      
Digger 2 bulk dirt, clay production; terraforming forming canals Judysek Four057
Logistics 4 market secretary, organizer, item distributor logistics Allison  
Dye Maker 3 create beautiful dyes to color the market herb production    
Farmer 2 gathering high quality crops for the chef, tailor, ropemaker herb production Turkeys  
Fighter 2 raise fighting, help keep the area safe meat, pink flower scout    
Fine Carpenter 3 village FC imps, barrel and furniture production   Ranger  
Enchant Grass 1 create enchanted grass for animals to graze help anyone Nafiti  
Indoor Decorator 0 create attractive and unique indoor decorations for all buildings      
Leather Worker 3 supply armor and leather gear to others      
Marketing 3 attract other players to join the settlement or sell their wares here help anyone Turkeys  
Mason/stone cutting 2 bricks, fountains, statues, mortar, whetstones   Judysek  
Miner 1 mine out a specific mine pattern supply stone shards Judysek SirTokenHatz
Moonshiner 2 creates beer, wine, and hard liquors (important later for skill gain) beekeeping? McDanky  
Outdoor Decorator 5 place colorful decorations, including fountains, flowerbeds, etc      
Potter 2 amphora, smelting pot, planters, shingles, measuring jug, pie dish, etc. clay bricks Turkeys  
Priest-Fo 3 bless, animal traits, mailbox enchant, life transfer, etc prayer groups, convert others    
Priest-Libila 4 bless, enchant items and gear for villagers, etc prayer groups, convert others Ranger  
Priest-Magranon 3 bless, strongwall, etc prayer groups, convert others    
Priest-Vynora 4 bless, enchant items and gear for villagers, etc prayer groups, convert others Nafiti Stargrazer
Road Maker 2 follow a schematic to pave roads in our market and outside it connect highways   Nafiti
Shield Smith 3 create and improve shields   Ranger Mouse
Ship Builder 2 make rowboats for villagers help anyone Xatirichan  
Tailor/Rope making 2 meditation rugs, cloth gear, sheets, sails, etc distribute meditation rugs    
Team Organizer 4 rally members for completing missions and hunting uniques      
Weaponsmith 5 make weapons for villagers   Judysek SirTokenHatz
Jewelry Smithing 3 improve altars, jewelery, pendulms, statuettes      
Plate Armour Smithing 3 sets of armour in available metals     SirTokenHatz
Metallurgy          

image.png

Edited by Hammer
updated post 8/21
  • Like 5

LADS, lets show these steam noobs how real men grind!!!! join this deed and we shall bask in limitless and glory filled wealth.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darwin said:

LADS, lets show these steam noobs how real men grind!!!! join this deed and we shall bask in limitless and glory filled wealth.

So true!

Signing up!   Thanks for all the planning and future planning to come.    Looking forward to a beautiful village!

This sounds exactly  what my hubby and I are looking for. My hubby has played since 2007 on and off. I have not played that long, started when Pristine Opened. We are currently on Xanadu.  We have time to play as we are retired and I am high risk for the Covid-19 . This plan sounds really exciting.  My hubbys main character currently is NecroFizzle and mine is Allysia.  Necro would love it if he could be the Blacksmith/Miner.  He loves to do this.  I like to cook and farm, do Alchemy and would like to be the Fo Priest.  Since  the Priest will be my main focus I am willing to help with any other task I am capable of doing as a Priest.  We are willing to help with what needs done, but these are our first choices.Please Contact me(Allysia) in game for any question or info.  We are really excited.

Darwin, Snow, Allysia, thank you for expressing your interest. I'll do my best to ensure that the settlement evolves from a noob skilling zone and into an endgame market that Wurm hasn't yet seen. I will add all of you to the table. 

Allysia, I have a question about your interest in alchemy. Would you want to become the head dye maker for the settlement?

I also want to ask if you have prior experience as a Fo Priest. You can respond here or by direct message, or in game at Yekrut. Thank you.

Right now the plan is to have 3 general phases for the market development. They are as follows:

Phase 1 - Set up stations for grinding up skills, a small house for each player on the table above, and a small building for each main development focus, such as smithing, leatherworking, etc. At the moment this stage is expected to last for around 1 month. It really depends on how fast we can grind up skills and gather materials for the next phase.

Phase 2 - The market opens for venders who are part of the market's development (as listed above). We begin to change the settlement and terraform/lay down the foundation for the endgame market design. Our sellers open their venders so that other players may buy their wares. The final market design is being developed currently, which will be completed at phase 3. During phase 2 we will begin building with whatever skill sets we have gained at that time. This phase is most likely going to take the following 1-2 months to set up. 

Phase 3 - The beginnings of the endgame marketplace are in place, and just need to be completed over time as we get higher skill levels. The marketplace has been changed to accommodate sellers from all across the server. We fully open to the public and connect our establishment to other settlements via highways. We install a wagoner for shipments. We begin selling bulk materials and horses. We open our services to the entire server, such as sermon group inclusion, public mine, etc.

As we reach phase 3, villagers who have kept up with their roles in the development of the market are free to move out and start their own settlements. They will be able to keep their house, title, and role in the marketplace, as well as their special market merchant spot for as long as they remain active on the PVE Steam server. They are free to pursue other endeavors and aren't expected to stay at the marketplace forever. Anyone who leaves early or fails to help the settlement adequately before that happens would give up their slot to someone else. 

We are still looking to fill many open positions, so feel free to send me a message or leave a comment. Don't be shy!

Edited by Hammer
added note
  • Like 1

Question: How are you planning on supporting the project financially? Tiles will need to be purchased and expanded over time. I'd like to see your fiscal vision for all 3 phases (ie. where the income will be coming from to support such a large operation, who is paying for the Traders, etc) and long term. 

The planned settlement size is 65x65 and that is within my budget, but if anyone else wants to donate I would gladly accept any donation. The settlement will be established at that size starting out, with the possibility to expand later on as the need/funds become available. The upkeep cost is much lower than the starting cost, so as long as the market is being used after the first month it would become self sustaining. 

• Like 1

Updated the list with 2 more players. Anyone interested in being part should contact me soon, because roles are being taken.

The more we have the easier it becomes for all...  love seeing the interest growing as we get closer to launch day.      😉

• Like 1

If you can get altars built near the market it might attract priests for sermons.

Edited by Object
  • Like 1

I like the idea of a market, but my angle is to have a village too.  You prob know me and i've done this thing before.  Lets team up and make it great.  the Greatest village with the greatest market that ever existed.  We need the right land and the right plan.  I can guide the village side though i do need help recruiting.  I don't want to take the front seat in this, but i'm happy to be a back seat driver.  My village eden once had 30 people active. we can do it again or even better.  contact me at qwizat.eden@gmail.com  i'll see that.

Thank you all for your support in this market concept. We've added quite a few names to this list since the thread was started only 13 days ago. 
I've added some roles, including archaeologist roles. I believe a few resident archaeologists can help us to produce interesting and hard to acquire items and decorations early in the game. 

I want to emphasize that we are still looking for more priests, blacksmiths, and decorators. Anyone interested in these positions are encouraged to contact us soon. Priests are important because everyone will need tool enchantments, blesses, negative trait removal, etc. We may end up offering some form of incentive for priests because that can be a slow and challenging role to have. Blacksmiths are very important to a village, because we will need someone to produce and improve metal tools for our villagers. Decorators will be very important in helping our buildings and terrain go from common to extraordinary. It's a difficult thing to have a new player become a decorator so we are hoping to find veteran players who are interested in this type of duty. The decorator will be tasked with turning common, plain rooms into interesting, colorful, and organized spaces. Tables, chairs, tapestries, rugs, flowers, and many other objects will be used to decorate rooms and we are hoping someone with a good eye for aesthetic style will appear. We hope to have a decorator for outdoors and a separate person to focus on indoors. If you are interested and want both duties, that would be fine, too.

The layout for the endgame market is coming along nicely. 

There's no need to be shy. If you're interested in joining us for any of the roles mentioned above or in the original post, don't hesitate to contact me here or by private message. 

Thank you, and happy Wurming! 😎

I'm gonna probably go fo priest like I did before but I may or may not use an alt as well, if yet.

Edited by Object

I'm still trying to decide on an appropriate name for the settlement/market. If anyone has an idea feel free to send it to me in a message (Don't put it here where someone else could take it). We can further discuss this in the Discord channel that I have set up closer to the server open date. I plan to add everyone to the Discord channel on/after July 19th.

Here's a little update with things I have been keeping busy with:

I've been spending hours designing buildings and the marketplace layout.

I've been communicating with players for weeks to get roles filled.

I've spent some hours getting discord bots set up with resources to keep our villagers informed and up to date.

We have 23 people currently teamed up (including myself) 

Most major roles are filled but we need 3-5 more people as builders, bulk producers, archaeologists, and the other open slots.

We will never say no to anyone who is a priest or brings an active priest as an alt.

*update* We are still looking for new and returning players to take on a helper role for a while, then move to a more integral part of the market later.

We plan to be the home base of a server-wide alliance. Any settlement is welcome to join up. It'll be convenient to have us in your chat, so anyone from other villages can easily check if our market has something available that you're interested in.

We will have a discord channel loaded with resources showing which items are currently for sale that will be open to the public at a later time--probably during phase 2 of our market development when we begin selling our wares. 
The discord channel is set to open for our market villagers on July 19th so that we can become acquainted before the server opens. Anyone in our group that doesn't have discord is encouraged to get it so that we can more easily communicate regardless of whether we're logged in to Wurm at the time. Voice chatting isn't required. It's just a very convenient central hub for external resources and communication. Discord bots make things very convenient. Hope to see you all soon! 

-Yekrut

Edited by Hammer
  • Like 1

you can toss me down for road builder. and landscaper. also plan to grind for fine carp, need body control and mind logic grind 20 large carts maybe to start with. . may work on that off and on of road work.  I oddly love doing those, and highways too.  I normally always play on my own while in an alliance for chatting. but i think i'd like to join a project like this time first, will help my skills ect. and should be fun.   I have that weekend off and can play as long as my wife lets me.... . then work the week after so limited time those weekdays few hours per day,  but then have a first week of August off. so i'll have a ton of time to work and grind.  while binge watching NHL play offs lol  . my main [03:33:10] You have played 312 days, 19 hours and 59 minutes.  lots of exp playing over 10 yrs.

Edited by validate
  • Like 1

Quick update:
The server opens 7pm CET (1pm Eastern Standard Time, USA)
The server name is Harmony, with starter town Heartland.
We're up to 23 people, 19 of them ready to go in our Discord group.

We are still on a continuous search for more priests

Leave a reply, a private message, or a pm to Yekrut in Wurm Online to inquire or join up. 😁

Edited by Hammer

We're still accepting all types of players (especially priests). Anyone looking for a place to live is welcome to join up if you plan to contribute to the marketplace. Cheers.

im interested in join up with yall i have been playing wurm online for 7 years looking forward to the new map/restart an would love to join up with a decent sized group i normally like to mess around with a hand full of profession an im game for doing whatever is need of me. 

13 minutes ago, Sirtokemhatz said:

im interested in join up with yall i have been playing wurm online for 7 years looking forward to the new map/restart an would love to join up with a decent sized group i normally like to mess around with a hand full of profession an im game for doing whatever is need of me. 

It looks a lot like we have openings for tailor, dye maker, moonshine 

But I'm sure we can always use all-a-rounders to help min-max the work load.

• Like 1