Sign in to follow this  
Jpopuza

Travel Guide to Surefall Glade and Kappa

Need to travel to Surefall By The Sea, Kappa or Surefall Glade on Xanadu?  No worries.  Its as easy as one, two, three, four.

If you’re already on Xanadu you can use the highway system to travel to Kappa and Surefall Glade, located around q14 just northwest of Lormere.  The deeds are on the map:  http://wurmonlinemaps.com/xanadu

If you’re not on Xanadu…

Step One.  Travel to Xanadu.  There is a cog with red sails on all South Freedom servers now showing where to cross over to Xanadu V14 for your sailing convenience.  They are on the northwest side of each server with names like “Release to Xanadu v14”.

Step Two.  Once you enter Xanadu at V14 you’ll see some round mountains to your left and some smaller mountains to your right.   Sail due north to Surefall Bay. https://imgur.com/a/dl7oOed

Step Three.  There are guardhouses at T 13 and S 14 to mark the entrance to our bay.  And there is a line of knarrs with a cog at each end spanning the entire bay entrance.  How cool is that?

Step Four.  Continue due north for another 4k or so.  You know you’re close when you pass Surefall Bay Island.  Perhaps there is a story about that island on the Wall of Stories.

Next there is a line of sailboats crossing the bay at Surefall By The Sea, so unless you’re AFK sailing you can’t miss it.  The Kappa Lighthouse is a must see.

From there you can travel inland east to Kappa, Surefall Lake and Surefall Glade on the highway.  You can also take the River Styx canal to see the amazing undercity of Kappa and sail into Surefall Lake.

The entrance to the underground city of Qeynos can be found at the north end of Surefall Glade between the Druid Rings and Fippy’s Woods.  The Great Wall of Yellow Potions and the Hall of Jokes are in the first underground building you’ll encounter inside.  https://imgur.com/X0fhQym

The Wall of Stories can be found encircling the Lion’s Mane Inn and Tavern a little way farther inside.  Just follow the sign.

Happy travels.

Edited by Jpopuza
  • Like 3

If we ever get a break from orders we will definitely have to come take a look. Quite interesting ideas that you've come up with and more than happy to have been able to contribute to them as much as we have!

Good luck with everything, let us know if we can help with anything, and stay safe! o/

• Like 1

Really easy, seven steps and 4k tiles. :P It is like 3-hour sail one way, from my experience. Unfortunately Xanadu is big and there are no easy journeys there. 

Edited by Platyna

I would love if I could convince somebody (and get approval by Jpopper and Dracaa)  building a canal from Q16 to Surefall Lake, roughly like that:

4fc4NTH.jpg?1

That would ease access to Surefall Lake, Kappa, and Surefall Bay to everyone coming from central Xanadu.

Ekcin i have no issues with that but we have to get ever other deed owner on the way there to be ok with it too. it be a huge project even in my standards lol. but i help as much as i can with all my work in play now. since Lunalong 2020 is a go this year in dec keep a lookout for my forum soon. :D hope to see you all there.

Edited by Dracaa
updating

Ekcin I'm building a huge city under Surefall Glade based on this from the old Everquest game: https://wiki.project1999.com/Qeynos

As you can see in the map there is a underground docks on the West side, and I've just made a canal connecting it to Surefall Lake.  So the canal would need to go north of Surefall Glade under a couple of my neighbors deeds to connect to the lake.

Edited by Jpopuza