Sign in to follow this  
Antony

Ambient, idle Animal Sounds

Wurm lacks idle animal sounds.

When I'm wandering around in the wild and I stroll by a sheep, it'd be nice if it 'baah'd, or dogs would bark, or cows would moo, etc.

It'd make the game world feel a lot more alive.

It wouldn't be hard to stop animals from producing sounds at the same time.

• Like 3

Cows used to Moo. Maybe chickens, dogs, horses,  a bunch of others?  I only remember the cows now.

Surprise ... players complained 😛

<-- also wants the cows to find their Moooojoooo again.

Seems like they could somehow reduce range so you only heard them with 4-8 tiles or something... or people could toggle off animal sounds under Options if they hated them that much.

I hear people hate snow too :D

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

the COW APOCALYPSE was insane... you could hear the MOOing for miles and miles.... i was visiting Brash when it happened and her farm was sooooo loud heheheheh...

But yeah i hate snow too lol

..But i do agree if they could somehow limit the distance you could hear the mooing maybe... ALSO I miss the gnomes song!

• Like 1

Yes, we can't hear the creatures that do exist and can hear creatures that don't exist (ducks and frogs). I'd like to hear and see them all. In fact the animation is there for cows and dogs, just no sound. I think if they limited the distance to trigger the sound, and set the frequency low, it could work. But it could be an issue if you had a large group of animals, cows for example. So rather than randomly play a sound for each nearby cow, I think it would be better to randomly play the sound infrequently based on the presence of any number of cows, etc... so that you're not hearing 40 cows or something.

• Like 2

I'd like to see these added back in, and the distance limited as well as a max on animal's making noise, to keep farms from killing our ears.  It's just too quiet.   Give us an option to turn the ambient sound off if desired too.

• Like 1

Yes, but definitely yes to limits.  Distance limits would be good.  That said, cows don't just moo for the sake of it.  A contented cow is generally a quiet cow.