Sign in to follow this  
Shrimpiie

Bank Functions

Pulling from the topic here and expanding a bit on it a bit:

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/175925-bank-and-coin/

Globalize the bank itself, in both the ability to deposit at any deed token, and also the ability to add/withdraw items from any token.

Make the item storage cross server as well with say a 20 or 30 item total limit.

The ability to deposit coins only at your bank node, per server, but which is unrelated to the token for the deed you could be a part of, along with the ability to withdraw money from anywhere and have money across servers/clusters, but only having server specific item storage per server, is quite confusing to new players and quite a challenge for veteran player to explain to them and just feels like it could easily be improved on.

• Like 5

I don't know whether they even use Pneumatic tubes anymore. Once upon a time, they used these for moving small items (like the bank teller giving you cash at the bank drive thru)

Anyway -- it's hard to "imagine" putting 20-30 items inside a settlement token (and I am not sure whether that would SERIOUSLY bork PvP raiding???), and hard also to imagine putting money into one and taking the same money out of another on the other side of the server.

But lorewise, if we can have spirits and imps delivering our mail, perhaps we could have those same spirits and imps moving cash and items from a specially built, mailbox-style, "pneumatic tube" that then whisks it off to some Central Bank located in the nethers.

Or I guess we could also just add a few more functions to the existing mail boxes. Easiest solution i guess is best.

I still think though the PVP issues may be an issue for enlarging the number of items in a bank. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I am thinking of banks in Old School Runescape.  Something like that would be good, as in the functionality not the building.

I don't have an issue with keeping stored items only at your "home branch", though.  It makes sense.  To me it wouldn't make sense to store e.g. a high ql pelt at home, then sail to another server, travel about, walk into a deed and take out that same pelt.  

To be fair, bank item limit is ridiculously small. And there IS a demand for it, often seen by the number of "bank alts" spammed by almost every wurm player. Especially on pvp servers.

People WANT to deposit valuables somewhere and if Wurm doesn't offer it? Guess what, we spam an alt, prem it for 1 month (so it won't be erased due to inactivity) and use him as our bank.

Upping the item count is something that would simply add a mechanic for a demand that's already in existence by game design.

Note in how many mmo's you got a bank where you absolutely have to store items due to inventory space restrictions or weight?

• Like 2

This would bring a lot of QoL to new players.

Also, option to expand bank storage by 10 slots would make a good reward token purchase....

• Like 5

What about, instead of item number it was weight or volume limited?  I have no real opinion on that yet, just brainstorming.

Why not both volume and item number?

Not sure if you can bank a barding, for example a rare gold barding but should be doable.

+1. The banking system could definitely be easier to operate/understand!!  As to storage in the token, maybe each deed should get some sort of "vault" storage of some sort that performs the same function as token item banking.  Whether or not the vault is made an actual visible thing, I have no idea. The token itself is essentially the symbol or flag of your deed so to speak but doesn't necessarily have to serve as a container too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

This would bring a lot of QoL to new players.

Also, option to expand bank storage by 10 slots would make a good reward token purchase....

Definitely +1

• Like 1

+1 For globalized coin deposits and +1 for more storage.

3 hours ago, Katrat said:

+1 For globalized coin deposits and +1 for more storage.

What they said :)

On 6/24/2020 at 11:36 PM, elentari said:

Guess what, we spam an alt, prem it for 1 month (so it won't be erased due to inactivity) and use him as our bank.

Perhaps the fact they earn a bit of money from a mule (bank alt) is reason enough for them to avoid larger banks. But I'd like to see the option for more token space so that it is more like a vault than a tiny basket. But since they earn money from mules, maybe they would consider adding space to tokens it if they charged silver for upgrades with each token upgrade having a cost that exceeds the previous upgrade, but never so much that it would just be more economical to roll an alt.

As for deposits, makes sense. We already have access to a global bank for spending (in some cases) so why not deposits too.

• Like 1