Sign in to follow this  
Eleraan

If we were to resettle

So, we have always played on Xan.  For the last month we've been back and very busy with a major deed rework. We probably have a month's worth of work left atleast.

One thing we noticed is the lag is really bad since we have been back.  Even by Xan status and it is daily.  We saw that there was maybe a provider change coming up and that might fix it.  

But if not we might look at leaving Xan.  Which of the smaller servers would people recommend and why? 

How active or crowded are the smaller islands?  We've talked about an ideal spot would be a coastal cliff/mountain to hollow out/shape. Would that be findable or all the coastal areas taken?

How are animal spawns for hunting, we dont do much fighting but like to kill the occasional troll or gob. 

TLDR

Just wondering if there is much of a diff between xan and the smaller servers. And between each of the smaller islands.

We recently moved to Exodus for the similar reason you were mentioning, the lag. It can be quite annoying to deal with, and we've been finding ourselves happy with the server we picked.

We were able to find a coastal spot within a few minutes and even a friendly local that invited us into their alliance. We are right beside a large bit of sand and even some steepe, so we are able to have mobs relatively close by, though nothing that has been a PITA. I'd imagine other servers are still viable for coastal spots too, just might take a little while to look.

The one thing we do miss from Xanadu was the veins being not as region locked as they appear on Exodus, not sure how the other clusters fair. I do remember Xanadu having more random veins than a certain cluster of one type as we are experiencing atm, though it isn't too bad. Just need to spread out our second deed a bit to find some of the other ones.

All in all, I can't see /all/ coastal spots taken. Some of the nicer ones, definitely, but there are still ones where deeds have decayed away and are once again open to be reclaimed by someone else. Just need to spend a bit to look! Fortunate plus is the other clusters are vastly smaller than Xanadu, and travel time isn't as bad in terms of sailing from one end to the other as it is with Xana.

Good luck with the searches if you decide to do it though!

• Like 1

Take a "day off" or two and sail abit - take a look on the different servers. Im sure youll find a part of land to settle. Seems like there are quite a few places open for settling around. :) 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jotz said:

We recently moved to Exodus for the similar reason you were mentioning, the lag. It can be quite annoying to deal with, and we've been finding ourselves happy with the server we picked.

We were able to find a coastal spot within a few minutes and even a friendly local that invited us into their alliance. We are right beside a large bit of sand and even some steepe, so we are able to have mobs relatively close by, though nothing that has been a PITA. I'd imagine other servers are still viable for coastal spots too, just might take a little while to look.

The one thing we do miss from Xanadu was the veins being not as region locked as they appear on Exodus, not sure how the other clusters fair. I do remember Xanadu having more random veins than a certain cluster of one type as we are experiencing atm, though it isn't too bad. Just need to spread out our second deed a bit to find some of the other ones.

All in all, I can't see /all/ coastal spots taken. Some of the nicer ones, definitely, but there are still ones where deeds have decayed away and are once again open to be reclaimed by someone else. Just need to spend a bit to look! Fortunate plus is the other clusters are vastly smaller than Xanadu, and travel time isn't as bad in terms of sailing from one end to the other as it is with Xana.

Good luck with the searches if you decide to do it though!

I have mined out a massive chunk of the area around our deed and have tons of iron.  A few lead/zinc mines and lots of sandstone/salt.  No tin, marble, slate, or copper at all >.> it can't be worse than that on other nodes can it?  I did get a silver and gold from a collapse a few years back but that didn't last long.   I guess after we finish working on this deed I'll see if the group wants to migrate or not.  I have mixed feelings.  The lag sucks and there is the excitement of shaping a new deed, but then there is the whole having to move stuff >.> 

Thanks for all the replies we might do a little sight seeing as I've left Xan a total of two times since I've started playing and both were quick trips. 

• Like 1

I think it depends on where you settle for the variety of veins, I just know that it is a bit better on Xanadu for having them really side by side. I'd suggest just taking a look around at the other spots before you decide to up and move everything, maybe once you've done a bit of sight seeing have someone plop a deed down to ensure nobody else will take it, then make the slow move of having stuff taken over.

Definitely much more enjoyable without Xan lag constantly, but definitely something you all should come to a consensus on as a group rather than any impulse decisions! Talk it out! Take trips together! Have fun!

Ya we will finish our deed remodel.  We moved once 2 or 3 years ago and simple keep both deeds running til we were good and settled.   Maybe the lag will get better by the time we finish our current project >.>

Lag on Xanadu cannot be compared to any other server I visited. Last time I was unable to even find route on waystones, as the window with deed list didn't even appear. 

As above, have a bit of a sail.

On the north coast of release there is an undeed at about C20 on the ingame that would fit the coast cliff/mountain and I think the NW corner may have some of the same outlook. 

Talk to the locals - some players have lived on the same smaller server for many years and will know the distribution of veins. They can point you to wherever you need. 

Thanks for all the help guys! Maybe the lag will get better or atleast to the point we don't want to pull our hair out.  If not might be time for a new adventure it seems. 

The lag on Xanadu is based on the size of the map, not the digital server setup hosting it.  As such, my personal opinion is that you won't find much change in terms of lowering lag in the future.

For other servers, they pretty much all have less lag than than Xanadu.  Moving might help satisfy your gameplay desires more, and I'm sure you can find a great spot on any number of them.  Even Independance, the oldest of the PvE servers still functioning in the open, has open mountainside coastal areas in the central north coast with steep slopes that can be terraformed if that's a desired topography for you.