Sign in to follow this  
Block

Essence drain query

I rarely see this spell discussed compared to the other weapon enchants. Is it considered bad due to the lower healing than Life transfer? Does anyone use it?

3 hours ago, Block said:

I rarely see this spell discussed compared to the other weapon enchants. Is it considered bad due to the lower healing than Life transfer? Does anyone use it?

I use it on some of my weapons, seems quite okay, considering i'm higher level account LT is a bit overheal, ED usualy covers my needs, in some cases with couple thougher mobs i need to use cotton or kill some lesser creatures.

Didn't work as good as LT in rifts for me though i prefer LT huge axe there

• Like 1

At 100 power, LT is a 33% heal based on damage dealt, and the classic damage enchants like Frost Brand are 33% extra damage.  By comparison, ED at 100 power is only a 10% heal with 10% bonus damage.  As posted by kochinac, high-end accounts don't need that extra healing most of the time, so you can trade away some healing for some damage.  That said, I used ED for a while and switched back to LT, because ED never provided enough extra damage to make fights shorter and it usually just felt like my weapon had a lousy LT enchant on it.

• Like 2