Sign in to follow this  
leander

Jolly Rogue Pirate Festival (impalong)

Mb1wWuL.png

(impalong)

~September 13th-19th~

(Postponed)

A’hoy mates,
My name be Cap’n Leander, and i be inviting ye to a parlay at me deed, savvy?

e’ll be  all manner of goins on. Everything from fighting, drinking, imping, prayin, drinking, and of course fightin, just to name a few things… 

What's an Impalong?
It's a community event/festival that's hosted by someone on their deed, often times they have themes to match the season, holiday, or hold some special meaning to the host. (for me its international talk like a pirate day sept 19th.) The word impalong was created long before i became a wurmian, but it refers to the action of gathering and improving items for your fellow Wurmian, it is an event where  crafters and priests from across Wurm join together to improve/enchant other players gear for free. Everyone is welcome to work on their skills at the event. In addition to the imping/enchanting, there are various other things such as games and events, prize giveaways, contests, and sometimes even GM's drop in to spawn a few mobs on unsuspecting Festival-goers.

(where to find us)

we are situated right on the coast in the almost direct south of Xanadu south of Lormere at S15  

Spoiler

S15 Xanadu

ha4y8BN.png

on the community map

DlAtOeI.png

The Calendar
Sept 12 8pm eastern(us)time imper and staff meeting 
Sept 13 Doors Open (Welcome All)
Sept 14
Sept 15
Sept 16 The Grand Hedge opens
Sept 17
sept 18
Sept 19 (International Talk Like a Pirate Day) final day doors close at midnight (us) 
Sept 20 Clean up

Daily Event Schedule

Spoiler

i will be adding a actual day even schedule as soon as i get more planning done.

Discord Server

https://discord.gg/5RQGPAY

The Deed 

A very well designed deed built to make one feel as if they are in a modern medieval coastal village. All of the major activities are gonna be right in the bay area it features a small arena for some battles and other challenges such as the Champions Challenges.

We have a grand three story community workshop filled with everything one would need to improve any item, including large items. be sure to mind the priests at the Monastery, some of them have been standing there for days and it shows. the token house is at the end of the main road north right at the shore there are pointing signs leading right to it.

We have a wagoner on deed at the north gate along with a couple merchants and a trader. behind the merchants are my digable resource tiles. i have clay, peat, and moss, there.   

Spoiler

the deed token house along the shore 

SooXptW.png

a wide view of the bay with the arena workshop and part of the monastery in view

veW4rue.png

a few images of the arena from inside

aYrejcb.png

ml6lIwj.png

the outside with a fo and mag alter right there and a lib alter inside in the corner of the arena floor

xpIyncu.png

The Community Workshop
(Imping facility)

Spoiler

teERf85.png

DRURx1R.png

1uWpN0A.png

RskTawt.png

Ft1poRG.png

eVvwKQa.png

more imegas will be added soon

The Rules

Spoiler

Item Placement:

Name your items before placing them into improvement/casting coffins or forges! 
Double-check which container you should place your items in, and place them there. (Most forges/coffins/racks are already labeled for ease of location)
Pick up your finished item as soon as possible to make space for new items.
If space is running short, Impalong staff will move finished items to "Overflow" bins. You will need to contact Impalong staff in order to retrieve your items.

some commonly misplaced items are listed below

• Carving Knife, Sickle, and Scythe are Weapon smithing.
  • (Cooking) Knife and Leather Knife are Blacksmithing.
  • New fishing rods are Fine carpentry.
  • Legacy rods are Carpentry.
  • Fishing Reels are Jewelry Smithing..
  • The deep water reel is Blacksmithing.

What to bring

All items a person wishes to have improved or chanted (only one of each item for each player except for arrows horse shoes and armor pieces) 

Large items such as forges, floor looms, spinning, wheels, larders, ect are welcome.

Wagons and carts are will be imped outside the building under the pavilion. 

Improvements/Enchanting:

Quality items are improved to is at the discretion of the imper, but the minimum anything will get imped to is 70ql; if you want higher quality than arrange that via PM with an imper but ensure first that there is not a backlog of other items to be imped first.
Only items that are 70ql+ will be cast on(unless they are skiller items; if they are below 70ql for skilling purposes name the object as such along with your name).
Place your items into the shelf labeled with the enchantment you want. YOU are then responsible for moving the items to other Shelves for other enchantments.

Floor Looms and spinning wheels can be placed for chanting WoA 
Getting your items enchanted is at your own risk!

Other:

Do NOT abuse the system by bringing in a dozen items of the same type to get improved/enchanted. If that occurs the items are forfeit, and confiscated, taken far out into the ocean and thrown into Davy Jones's locker, or just sacrificed.
Do NOT abuse the system by placing in extra items of the same type, save for certain things like arrows or horseshoes.
Do NOT sell items that you've gotten improved/enchanted. The pro-bono work done here is not so you can make a profit, so if that is your intention you are not welcome here.
Contact myself or a Festival Staffer if you wish to be assigned a room.
Turn OFF your personal light sources like lanterns or torches! It helps with the lag.
If you have any issues contact Leander or a Staffer ingame or on the Discord.

Events/Games

Spoiler

Drinking Contests

It wouldn't be a good Pirate Festival without some good old drinking contests, now what would one expect to drink at a pirate festival but Rum o'course.

more info soon 

Treasure Hunt

more info soon

The Grand Hedge 

A 50x50 hedge maze built on its own deed within a stones throw of Jolly Rogue, good luck finding your way out by Yule

more info soon

The Dungeon

(You see dark dungeons.)

this is a dangerous place, you should not go alone.

Spoiler

I have been working on this for some time now and have accomplished a lot in the hopes to give attendees of the festival a good challenge.

I'm continuing to work diligently on it and hope to have a 10+ room challenge for groups of up to 6 players no more than that don't want it to be too easy.

(be on the lookout for the signup form post link here soon.)

I will add more info soon

Fisht Fighting

Yes as silly as it sounds.

combatants will disrobe except for a plain White cloth cap and a fish in hand in the floor of the arena and have at one another in Stinky Gladiatorial Contests.

more details soon 

Boat Raceing 

this will be split into classes depending on your Shipbuilding skill and Body Stamina there will be three main classes

Class A (the lowest of skills from 0-30ish)

Class AA (the medium skill range 40-60ish)

Class AAA (the highest skill range 70+)

I will have unfinished small sailboats Just waiting for some pegs to be finished,

you will be able to choose your finishing peg wood type, I will have a variety of different woods including fruit, rift, and archeology types that u may choose from before the race begins.

NOTE:The sailboat you build will be your to keep 

there will be three stages to the event

Stage One: Construction stage the contestants will race to complete the unfinished boat first.                                            (Winner of this stage will be granted a 1 minuet head start on stage two.)

Stage Two: Imping stage  the contestants will improve the finished boat to their skill cap(depending on class).               (Winner of this stage will start the race in the first position.) 

Stage Three: The Race the contestants then sail their boat around a course set up with in the fjord.                                   (Winner of this will be the winner of the race for this class)

(Grand prize still to be determined, however contestants keep the small sailboat they built)

Arena Fights

Gladiator Combat

Single elimination king of the hill style combat. 

to level the playing field a bit the combatants will enter the arena floor naked meet in the middle and begin the sparring

there will be random equipment in the pens around the floor the contestants will have to get geared first and defeat the other. 

the person left standing will remove their gear and place it into the out of bounds the then will begin again.

Champion Challenge

various champion creatures will be brought to the arena for people to fight for glory and bloodshed.

more info soon 

Champ list

Troll

Wolf

more info soon

Materials Provided 
(donations are also accepted)

Spoiler

I'm also accepting donations of the items listed below, anything above 73ish ql is accepted and greatly appreciated.

we are also looking for things that could be used as prizes for contests.

to donate either pm me on discord in-game or in the forums

Lumps                            (on hand/ Need have)

Iron        72-80ql     12,170/ 10,000
Steel        80ql            250/ 4,000

Lead                                 0/1,000
Copper   76ql         2,550/ 3,000

Tin                                   0/2,000

Zink                                 0/2,000
Brass                             0/ 1,000
Bronze                          0/ 1,000
Gold    80ql             400/ 3,000
Silver   80ql            400/ 3,000
Electrum                     0/  500
(bring your own moon metal if you wish to use it)

Wood/Rock/Clay

Wood          80ql           306/ 1,000
Stone         80ql           1,000/ 1,000
Marble                                0/ 1,000
Clay                             1,900/ 1,000

Cloth/Leather

Cotton String           100/ 1,000
Wool String                   0/ 1,000
Leather                      100/ 1,000

Favor

Unchopped Vegetables      20,000/ 150,000
Chopped Vegetables                 0/ 150,000

(these are based on the new faith and sacking items, and are optional)

(mag) Door Locks                                       0/ 13,000
(vyn) Yo-Yo's                                                 0/ 13,000
(fo) Square pieces of Cloth                        0/ 13,000
(lib) Hooves or paws                                  0/ 13,000

I have been informed that my god specific item goals were grossly underestimated so I modified them to a higher required number

Misc.

Peat                      5,000/200,000

Wemp                         0/2,000

Rift materials for Runes

Stone                       0/300

Wood                       0/300

Crystals                    0/300

Alcohol

more info soon

Festival Staff
(PM one of the people listed below when they are online or in local  for refueling forges, returning your items, getting you more imping material, and check in at the inn.)

Spoiler

Host

Leander

Staffers

(If you wish to volunteer please pm me in-game or on the forums here I'm always in need of more staffers, I'm also looking for people willing to come to my deed and do some work before the festival pm me for details)  

Ashateria (deedmate)

Taji  (deedmate)

Taxton  (deedmate)

Stoickjester (deedmate)

Illiteratnerd (deedmate) (Hedge Master)

Allysia

Necrofizzle

Staffer Employees

(i am looking for people willing to do some paid work before the festival i will pay 1s per 1k actions pm me directly and soon for details)

Impers

Spoiler

Zarame      97+ blacksmithing
                     92carp 
                     92 fine carp.

Zachariah     Blacksmithing
                         Platesmithing
                        Weaponsmithing
                         Leatherworking
                        Cloth Tailoring
                         Masonry

Jolly Rogue Token

a small token of my appreciation to everyone who attended.

Prizes

Spoiler

Rare Items

Iron Axe  x4,  

Fishing rod

Fish keeper net        

Iron scythe

Iron hammer

Iron needle

Iron rake

Iron butcher knife

Iron longsword

Tool Belt

Willow Longbow

Donator List
(a very special thank you to these people.)

Spoiler

Thank You

Bakhita (donated 10k 72ql Iron lumps)

Stoickjester (Staffer)

Illiteratnerd (Staffer)

Jpopper (Shipbuilder Extraordinaire)

Necrofizzle (900 stone shards)

Bradcub (Kingdom of Anubis Wagon)

this is a work in progress so expect it to change a lot as i overcome problems and add new and more info be sure to follow this post to stay up to date as to whats new.

Edited by leander
  • Like 6

3 Impalongs in 5 months might be pushing things, especially right after the new server opens.

• Like 3

but please forgive me im working on fixing the issues with the post and getting more content for it soon

I might show up to imp or cast a few things. 

Zarame

97+ blacksmithing

92carp 92 fine carp.

Some other skills over 70 also.

But will probably only do blacksmithing.

Jimmynorman

Priest is 90.10 chaneling atm and close to complete benediction

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zarame said:

Zarame

97+ blacksmithing

92carp 92 fine carp.

Some other skills over 70 also.

But will probably only do blacksmithing.

Jimmynorman

Priest is 90.10 chaneling atm and close to complete benediction

would love to have you pm me for more details

You can always pm me. You have my priest on your friend list😋

• Like 1

Is it possible you could add the desired ql of each desired donation mat.? I have some of this stuff but no idea if it's of good enough ql to help.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alpengeist said:

Is it possible you could add the desired ql of each desired donation mat.? I have some of this stuff but no idea if it's of good enough ql to help.

anything over 70 ql is acceptiable

I will show up as well. Sounds fun!

I will come and imp

• Blacksmithing
  • Platesmithing
  • Weaponsmithing
  • Leatherworking
  • Cloth Tailoring
  • Masonry

I will also see what I can do as far as materials go like iron and stone. I would also maybe be willing to lend a hand as a staffer as I have experience hosting a large impalong just shoot me a PM. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 10:32 AM, Zarame said:

On 6/24/2020 at 10:32 AM, Zarame said:

zarm and zach got ya on that list

I have a good quantity of 72 ql iron I'd be happy to donate to the impalong. I live on Release, somewhat near the west coast, and could either meet you on the east coast of Xan or if you wanted to pick up, have easy canal access. Just PM me here or ingame (same name) to arrange qty and exchange.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bakhita said:

I have a good quantity of 72 ql iron I'd be happy to donate

ill get ahold of u in the next day or so :)

The more impalongs the better! I will happily attend this one like all the rest :D The more community events, the better.

• Like 2

I could rock up to do some carpentry and fine carpentry imps.

Can also bring any type of booze (except rum)

Edited by Ajala
  • Like 1

Sign me up for leatherworking and Plate smithing. Can also do carpentry if needed.

• Like 1

A'Hoy mates,

I have have the displeasure of informing everyone that due to a series of unfortunate life events i have to postpone the pirate festival, i am extremely morose about the whole situation believe me.

on the bright side it will give me more time to gather equipment prizes and various other things that i was severely lacking..  however i feel as tho i've failed those who have donated and promised the time for the festival and to those  people and to those who were going to attend, just know this is NOT a Cancellation it is a Postponement, we few crew of Jolly Rogue shall return with a new shanty in our hearts and event date, so be sure to follow this post i will continue to post updates as i can.. 

Edited by leander

I will come with Aristarchus and would like to help imping: shipbuilding, blacksmithing

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 2:36 PM, Sirene said:

I will come with Aristarchus and would like to help imping: shipbuilding, blacksmithing

I will let u know when i am able to post the new update