Sign in to follow this  
Nicrolis

Discord overlay shows in screenshots

With the implentation of the discord overlay, the overlay now shows in screenshots... Even with the hud off, it now ruins my screenshots of scenery ;_;

Edit: Yes I know there's work arounds xD but still would like to not have to do that when ever I get a spur of the moment chance for a nice screenshot.

OSWOmzb.jpg

Isn't that discord problem.... absolutely nothing to do with the game... just turn off the icons for discord... it's a setting and feature from different program, nothing to do with wurm😴

--edit

ps. nice screen btw

Edited by Finnn

it actually is a wurm issue :P I play pleanty of other games in which the screenshot button does not contain the overlay.

Try going into discord "user settings" click on the "overlay" option under "app settings". Check the "Only while speaking" or "never" box under "display names" and "display users".

This is actually because of the way of how wurm takes pictures not because of discords overlay

There are quite a few games who's way of taking a screenshot is by just going "grab a image of what the user sees in this window" vs "take a picture of this frame that the user gets to see when its displayed" 1 leads to overlays and other things to affect it(eg programs that change the color scheme of windows for example flux) and the other leads to games being able to take pictures at bigger resolutions then they are displaying the game at

A example of both would be factorio's default screenshot functionality vs factorio's "big screenshot" functionality where 1 is a quick grab of what is being displayed and the 2nd is a "render this frame at a certain size" feature
Satisfactory has this too and so do a few more modern games especially fps games that feature a screenshot capability but their reason is anti cheat
Anyway the 2nd way of taking a screenshot like quite a few games do is way more complex because of its nature of how its taken vs the simple quick screen grab of play area only thing

I highly doubt the devs will really look into something like this any time soon sadly enough as that train of thought can lead to "lets take 4k pictures" and "lets allow for panorama pictures" and the likes

So not a client bug just the way overlays interact with programs and said programs take their screenshots

Edited by wipeout