Sign in to follow this  
Jpopuza

Wtb yellow potions, wurm jokes, funny wogic and memorable stories!

Hey everyone, Jpopper here.  I have several ongoing player participation projects I hope everyone will take part in.

Wtb yellow potions for 5c, one per character.  Please rename the yellow potion with your toons name before sending to Jpopper.  They will reside in the Great Wall of Yellow Potions.

Wtb your best Wurm related joke or funny observation of wogic.  Please pm to Jpopper.  1s finders fee for entries that make it into the Hall of Jokes located above the Great Wall of Yellow Potions.

Wtb your most memorable story of your adventures in Wurm.  Pm to Jpopper or post it here.  1s reward for those that make it onto the Wall of Stories.

The Great Wall of Yellow Potions and the Hall of Jokes can all be found at Surefall Glade on Xanadu in the underground city of Qeynos at Galliway's Trading Post.  The Wall of Stories is located nearby encircling the Lion’s Mane Inn and Tavern.

The underground city of Qeynos is a reconstruction of the city from the 1999 game Everquest.  Here is a map of what I’m building.  As of this post I have completed the seven buildings on the left side of the map.  https://wiki.project1999.com/Qeynos

Thanks for everyone’s participation in these projects so far.  They have been great fun.  I just added the "Wall of Stories" because I was getting so many wonderful stories from players that wouldn't fit in the "Hall of Jokes and Walls of Wogic" and I really wanted to memorialize them somewhere permanent.  

Here is a Travel Guide for getting to Surefall Glade to see the sites.

Edited by Jpopuza
adding link
  • Like 3

This one is free-bee:

That's how we got a new 100 Stone Cutting title in wurm :)  

Congratulations to Umir, Kgorski, Puncher, Silakka, Ankoroth, Macoofer, Dramien and Kain for the first eight winning entries into the Hall of Jokes. Also congratz to Alpengeist for the first winning entry into the newly begun Wall of Stories.  And current yellow potion count: 272. 

• Like 1

I mentioned the start of my Wurm adventures on the pasted link, but I do feel its my most memorable as it got me into the game.

It was the start of New Town being built from the ground up with only a few buildings scattered about here or there with the majority of the work being constructed on terraforming as they wanted to shape it. I had no idea what was going on, what I was doing, or what I should be doing. I was talking to some of the people in local and one of them mentioned that I should go and get some clay from the patch nearby to make a jar to carry water in. I set off. Swimming over a small body of water and then climbing up a hill with a few other new players that were doing similar things, with some having some camp fires around to get the clay going. Then a creature came around, and unfortunately I don't remember exactly what it was, but I thought that I could kill it... How wrong I was.

Thus my journey into Wurm began. With countless deaths from monsters, falling from high places, or some other shenangians. Here I am almost 11 years later, still playing.

• Like 3

Love it.  Congrats Jotz on the second entry into the Wall of stories.  Your prize is in the mail.  I had to make a few edits to make it fit and flow, hope that's ok.  I don't seem able to post pics here, so here is a link with an idea of what it looks like:  https://imgur.com/E33N1Mo

• Like 1

I was going to post my "starter" story, but a look at that image of how the stories go into the wall convinced me it won't fit.  Here's another, instead.

As a newbie I was living in the North of Parris Island, basically alone in the village I had joined.  The area was protected with 3 of the island's 4 guard towers but beyond those it was what I called the DMZ (Dangerous Mob Zone). 

One day, in the midst of my isolation I saw a tent on the North shore.  No other sign of anyone within my safe area, so I rowed around the island to see if I could find someone. 

At the very end end of the long jetty on the Southern tip of the island, a corpse.  A hellhound standing over it, and quite a lot of mobs in the water and on the jetty.

Maybe, when getting mobbed by mobs as they ventured South, the player thought they would keep going South to the safety of the next tower, but there was no next tower.

It was the closest I had come to having a visitor in weeks.

• Like 1

Ah, what the heck.  If it's too long to use, so be it.  I like this story.

What made my start in Wurm difficult?  Bears. 

Bears made my start difficult.

And a snake.

I wanted a bit of a "cabin in the woods" experience, but from what I could see it would be helpful to be part of a village as well.  I spotted an ad for a village in the NW corner of Indy and started the long walk from Haven's Landing (with at this stage only the in-game map for aid).  I got caught by a bear down near Crystal Canal, and on respawning back at HL I headed straight back to get my gear from the corpse, little realizing that the bear wasn't done with me.   Gear recovered, somehow I managed to run enough to get away.  Somewhere near the south end of what I now know is the Great South Mountain Road, another bear spotted me before I spotted him.  Inspired, I ran into the sea..... AACCHH!  IT FOLLOWED ME!  Cue Benny Hill music as I ran around trying to find a way to shake this bear.  Bears 2, me zero.  Respawn at Freedom Markets, head off finding my way to find the wrapped bear-toy that was ex-me.  I pitched my tent a little way off, so that when the inevitable happened I would have a nearby spawn point.  The bear seemed to be wandering off, so I grabbed my gear, only to be chased again by the bear.  I headed for the tent thinking I would be safe inside it.  Bears 3, Me 0.  My latest corpse was inside the tent.  So was the bear.  So was the new me.  Benny Hill sequence again until I was again inspired.  I got a reasonable distance before Bears 4, me 0 and then respawned in the tent, with my gear-holding corpse.  Hooray!  I left the bear harrying deadme#4 and headed back up the highway towards Freedom Markets.  

I came across an anaconda in the middle of the road.  By now well-cautious of dangerous animals, I climbed the steep verge, and came back down on a side road.  As I was trying to edge back onto the highway beyond the snake without attracting its attention, I miss-stepped and slid down a very steep ravine to wind up trapped in between terrain an an estate wall.  I managed to get out of that and was wandering about trying to work out where I was and how to get back to somewhere useful when a "Venerable Champion Brown Bear" hit me from behind.  I tried to run, but really had no chance.  Bears 5; me nothing.  

I was starting to think that if all this game consisted of was trying to recover gear from the last death then it wasn't my idea of fun.  Fortunately someone came to my rescue, helped me find my corpse, dealt with the bear (which was still indulging in extreme overkill) and gave me a lift back to the markets.  If it wasn't for that help, I would likely have simply logged out and never logged back in. 

• Like 1

One more....  I seem to have a lot of funny stories involving the death of my character.

I got thrown off my horse coming out of a tunnel.  In chain armour with a huge axe and carrying too much because, well, horse-back.

Surrounded by a LOT of bities, including 2 spiders and a troll, I ran for the nearest tower and called for help.  

I went past the tower and got as far as I could from the fight - right on the coast so not far and badly wounded.

Suddenly, I am dead.  The log told me I had been killed by a tortoise.

I grabbed my second-best set of armour, a large shield and long sword and went on my corpse run.  Wounded again. I missed the key-press for open and accidentally picked up the corpse, and discovered I was on a deed that did not allow dropping,

Badly overloaded and hurting, my top speed was a bit over 1kph.  The tortoise outran me and killed me.  A "slow" death.

• Like 2

OP, this is ingenious. I'm still processing how great your ideas are! Thank you for bringing life to Wurm!!

• Like 1

TheTrickster    Awesome thanks for them.  The starter story obviously is making it in, so gratz on that.  And yeah large signs only allow for a full sentence each, but it gives a nice feel i think to have players have to shuffle around a bit to read the "short story".

4 hours ago, Jpopuza said:

TheTrickster    Awesome thanks for them.  The starter story obviously is making it in, so gratz on that.  And yeah large signs only allow for a full sentence each, but it gives a nice feel i think to have players have to shuffle around a bit to read the "short story".

Thanks so much for that.  For the first few months I died a lot, in many humourous ways, so there are many stories.  Unfortunately, "short" is a wee bit of an issue for me, as I like to paint a picture.  I try for short, but rarely manage it.  🙄

I think these projects of yours are wonderful.  I like to travel but have avoided travelling to Xanadu because I am lag-shy.  I think I may have to make the journey and have a look.

I think Wurm needs more museums and libraries.  

• Like 1

Project update.  The Great Wall of Yellow Potions count: 281.   Hall of Jokes and Walls of Wogic count: 14.  Wall of Stories count: 4

There was once a younglin who went by the name of Loinko The Despicable, he quickly rose the ranks of the most glorious to roam the lands of Wurm becoming a Legend. He now resides in the mountain tops of Xanadu and goes by the name Loinko De Spoinko. 

Project update.  The Great Wall of Yellow Potions count: 301.   Hall of Jokes count: 20.  Wall of Stories count: 5

Edited by Jpopuza
  • Like 1

Project update:  The Great Wall of Yellow Potions count: 332.   Hall of Jokes count: 26.  Wall of Stories count: 8

• Like 1

Have these silly things, if you're at all interested. Not sure they qualify, but use as you will.

Spoiler

Remember that time Gumbo read the mission to Forage for a Valrei item, and then spent two hours making Forges trying to get one?  Pepperidge Wurm Remembers.

Remember that time the massive lag spike hit and ...
... like everyones minds were erased? Pepperidge Wurm Remembers :P

Remember that time last Halloween when Darwin handed out those blue and green dyed "Hide Pods" labelled as a nutritional snack? Pepperidge Wurm Remembers.

Remember that time Pandylynn had her hubby bake a cake with an iron file in it, and then sneak it to her so she could break free of Pingpongs chains? Pepperidge Wurm Remembers.

Remember that time Pashka got in trouble for mining off deed veins near those bootleggers and they called the cops on him... no wait, that wasn't him, nevermind. Pepperidge Wurm Forgets.

Remember that time Pingpong tried to sell those pizzas topped with iron, zinc, and copper lumps, as mining affinity pizzas? Pepperidge Wurm remembers.

Remember that time Pandylynn dressed up as a girl scout and sold cookies deed to deed trying to raise money to save orphaned trolls? Pepperidge Wurm remembers

Remember that time Pingpong downed the baby uttacha that was at the bottom of that huge tub of tequilla?  Pepperidge Wurm remembers.

Remember that time Pingpong changed the name of Pingpongs Folly, away from its original name of Pingpongs Sexy Tunnel of Erotic Love?  Pepperidge Wurm remembers.

Remember that time Pandylynn mugged the Cookie Monster and stole his stash only to find out they were raison filled marshmellow fibre, so she donated them to the Impalong? Pepperidge Wurm remembers.

Remember that time Pandylynn started blacksmithing for the first time, and thought a forge was only used for foraging? Pepperidge Wurm Remembers.

Remember the time Pippadippa found that eggroll in a larder she was looting, then took it home and sat on it for two weeks hoping it would hatch? Pepperidge Wurm Remembers 

Remember that time Pingpong chiseled the statue of his personal favourite person from throughout history, and it turned out to be Santa Claus? Pepperidge Wurm remembers.

Remember the time Pandylynn went to that volcano to gather some lava so she could fill up her lantern, in hopes of making a hippy lava-lamp? Pepperidge Wurm remmembers.

• Like 3

Project update:  The Great Wall of Yellow Potions count: 490. (South Freedom 416.  North Freedom 74.).   Hall of Jokes count: 28.  Wall of Stories count: 9

Project update:  The Great Wall of Yellow Potions count: 514. (South Freedom 426.  North Freedom 88.).   Hall of Jokes count: 28.  Wall of Stories count: 9

Only in Wurm is the phrase "I just popped a vein" not a serious medical emergency.

Project update:  The Great Wall of Yellow Potions count: 711. (South Freedom 533.  North Freedom 178.).   Hall of Jokes count: 28.  Wall of Stories count: 9