Sign in to follow this  
Wildelf

Previous Update

Curious does the last update provide HD graphic options? I remember using it last Fall and included adjusting your sail on a sailboat, etc. Also God rays just came in not long ago will be nice to add these features to Wurm Unlimited. The sun in default setting, look like hard boil egg hanging in the sky, doesn't look realistic.

Been playing on someone server and have the latest beta patch on, but I couldn't see any of these addon features.

No HD graphics option and no more features are going to be added to WU, I hear.

That what I was afraid of, wish they update it. Guess they wanted players in WO to make more money, idk. I spoken a lot of players that they didn't want to pay the monthly fees, infact didn't bother me, it just didn't like the way things are setup in WO. That is why I prefer WU over WO.

Maybe a mod or two to do these tricks.

modders can of course make WU great but history shows they will just copy the mods to WO anyway  lol

I'm not saying that they should update WU with newer content, but...

They should roadmap some QOL updates for WU. The fault in their thinking is this: those who try WU first may not bother with WO/Steam because they think it's all the same. IMO keeping WU at least looking good with the graphical updates will shed a better light on anything they want to do with WO/Steam. Development-wise I don't think it would take them much effort/time to push the graphical improvements over to WU - it's more of a business move they are making to strangle WU users to switch back.

They won't.

On 9/23/2019 at 8:23 PM, Samool said:

Both exclusive content and exclusive client features are additions to the game that are meant to make Wurm Online more appealing compared to WU. It's not a secret that we benefit more from WO being successful than WU right now, as in the end WO is the game that pays our contracts and keeps it all running.