Sign in to follow this  
Rauros

New server Dwarven Community.

Some of us knows me as the "Dwarven King of Xanadu", i've a lot of fun in that server in mining out my deed from the glasshollow mountain, and i love to be a wurm dwarf, living most of my wurm life underground, and now it's even easier with large planters for farming underground too!

I will be in the new steam server, and i may, or may not, want to try at building up either a dwarven underground city, or a community built in a large enough mountain with connected underground deeds, maybe along a common highway. Anyone interested in joining into a possible alliance to do that?

Here the link to a post showing what i did over time at my place, in nearly 3 years of play.

• Like 3

I told myself I would give myself a week, after reading your post, before I responded. And if I thought about it more than 5 times - then I would reply and request that I become a fellow dwarf "under the mountain."

So, here it is. 7 days later. And I would very much like to join you in this endeavor. :) I will grab my pick and anvil and join you. I do have some questions I would like to have answered before we begin:

1. I'm interested in joining community deeds at some point after we begin. I generally like to deed large amounts of property, so a good size mountain would be ideal when we start. Is that okay? My deed would not be far from yours at all. Close by and connected is what I would prefer.

2. Are you interested in pooling resources? Wood, stone, metal ores, etc. I'm sure we will find quite a bit while we mine. 

3. Are you using any external resources to plan this upcoming project? Clearly you have a proven record of planning and creating amazing underground deeds. I've been to your deed near glasshollow. (You sold me a dark green Corby a couple months ago. Love it and still use it near daily.) Are you using any drawing tools or have any way to communicate what you are looking to build on the new server? 

4. My ultimate plan is to become a 90+ Blacksmith and dabble in some other form of Smithing. The dwarven theme fits that keyhole for me personally. :) What are your plans long-term?

You can feel free to answer these questions here or via private message. I live in southern california btw. Not sure your timezone - but if we have a way of communicating outside the game - this would be a good idea to facilitate continued success. Email works well. :) 

Dwarf_Ready

• Like 1

Hello! know that some friends of mine in the actual xanadu server will probably join in a way or another to this project.
At this moment, and knowing wurm in-game, i'm more prone at doing a thing like this: i'd like to mine and build a relatively small, communal area wich may hold market and a couple common structures, but i like a lot more if all my allies will have their deeds and areas to play within as they like more, this because everyone have his ideas about play, and often different playtimes, so it becomes incredibly hard to have a community within a single deed.

At my current place in xanadu i planned a long underground highway wich may have along it many deeds, and we can do the same in the new server: everyone will have his deed and building along the road, a place in the market, and in the alliance. Common projects will be held within the community, asking the players some help while the needs arise and within the will and possibilities of the players.

For the resources: i prefer if every player will do with his abilities and resources, but having an alliance may make us start a preferred market for those resources within us, and i have a couple ideas for internal markets we can use for that... ; )

Know that my actual underground deed was not planned: most of it was built on the go, and in the new server my plan is to firstly find a suitable area to place such deed, because it's not at all easy as it seems to mine a large underground area, more difficult if you intend to mine it at max height.

My penultimate goal on the new server is to build the highway network. Maybe get to be a decent carpenter again, too.

I love your chosen theme and I always liked the look of underground cities. I'd ultimately live semi-nomadic now with sleeping bags being a thing, but the roads are hungry and I'll have a lot of mining to do to feed them with bricks, so I figure I may aswell help building up the initial place, crash in the common areas and help with on-deed stuff when I'm not out on the roads. And if I need more space or get in your hair too much, I can always make an offshoot somewhere in the mountain, but I'd prefer not to be a single man deed again to be honest. (Though a more tight knit alliance in a mountain would be just as fine.)

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

i think the common area will have a tavern and some common storage and tools, so you're very welcome to add yourself too Flubb! I will surely have, over time, room to have some "guests" in my place, maybe a few housings too for new people or those who like more to be nomadic or do not have too much time to play.

Love your ideas!

Given the opportunity to do either option - would you prefer to be close to a starter deed or further away? I'm fine with either decision. :) 

Should we post on this thread when we have our new names? Also, what's going to be the best way to link together in game? I suspect there will be a lot of mining outright establishing the central common area and "highway."

most of those details have a common problem: the actual ingame map.
Until we don't know the map geography it's hard to tell where to go, but i've already planned for myself that this project needs a large mountain area, better if near a starter deed, with sea access, and a couple metal veins specifically for early creation (i plan myself to stick to all smithing chain, starting with ws as soon as the first days plus either chain or platesmithing, then switching to the skills needed mostly for runemaking... what dwarf don't want to be a runesmith?).

Additional benefits are some outside flat areas for early farming and tree/bush farming maybe, but nothing too big, we're dwarves, damn sunlight!

i am thinking at opening a discord channel or a forum for the community, so we can post there, will be easier with the different playtimes.

We must remember that this server won't have access to enchanted tools for a decently long time (while we already have, it seems, a full vynora priest added to the community), so skill grinding will be a LOT slower than we think and are used to.

Ok, i've opened a discord server to get us in contact and plan a bit the alliance community.
Just PM me for jumping in,  our alliance already have a couple members!

Yes yes, I will be there. LOL How can I not! Would love to help out an...old...Dwarven, Friend. We all will make this the greatest place on the new lands!

obviously you and arthurhawkings are into my crew (or crow?) ravenlure :3 we're already a decent number, i'm pretty sure we'll have a lot of fun!

I like!

Are you going to trade for wood and stuff or have a resident who (gasp!) ventures outside once in a while?

we have hill dwarves that will take care of the farming and wood stuff indeed! But we will also have an underground market at our main deed :)

So with the Harmony server map just released - anyone eyeing possible mountains we should claim? I'm liking the coastal center mountain range personally. It allows every dwarf here to have a stake as well as the land just to the west of it (L-15) for farming and wood gathering.

Harmony-LI.jpg

8 hours ago, Atrayu said:

anyone eyeing possible mountains we should claim?

good luck getting all of that mountain "claimed"

11 hours ago, Blablagame said:

good luck getting all of that mountain "claimed"

OBVIOUSLY - I'm not trying to claim an entire mountain range.

I'm just trying to share some thoughts with an entire soon to be alliance of villages - where we can all have nearby deeds together.