Sign in to follow this  
phennexion

Account Name Reservation?

Anyone know if we'll be able to reserve our current names for the new steam system?

Do you mean "current" like currently used on existing Wurm online servers? Then the answer is no, as it's not a "Steam system" it's just two new servers that will be seperate from the other servers when Wurm gets released on Steam, but accessible without Steam too.

No info yet on if we can reserve names in general though.

Edit: wrong information, ignore this.

Edited by Tpikol

6 hours ago, Tpikol said:

if you want to reserve a name, make the account now and keep it in the tutorial area, so you can go to the new server when its live.

That will not work. The current tutorial area is now at Independence, you won't be able to transfer from there to the new servers. There'll be more details closer to the release regarding the tutorial process, but as is you cannot reserve a character name for the new cluster in any way.

• Like 8

On 6/23/2020 at 5:24 PM, Samool said:

That will not work. The current tutorial area is now at Independence, you won't be able to transfer from there to the new servers. There'll be more details closer to the release regarding the tutorial process, but as is you cannot reserve a character name for the new cluster in any way.

I can't enable GLSL shaders to be able to place items, my client crashes. Are we going to need it enabled to place an item in the tutorial? I can only imagine the other ways around this problem....

You can create a new account on the wurm website, put in your e-mail and nickname, but dont click the activation link in the email. That way your name will be secured for 2 days, just do it every 2 days and you're good

It'd be a good idea if we can just transfer our current account names to the new steam server then. Will be annoying to make a new account just for steam if it's using the same database.

• Like 1

I was under the impression we would be able to use our existing accounts to connect to the new servers via the wurm launcher. If this is not the case why not? 

8 minutes ago, Bradcub said:

I was under the impression we would be able to use our existing accounts to connect to the new servers via the wurm launcher. If this is not the case why not? 

The new servers are only for new accounts.

3 minutes ago, Wulfgar said:

The new servers are only for new accounts.

I assumed we would just be set to 0 skill. If that is the case I don't see why we cant just make a new account using our existing names. 

Edited by Bradcub
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bradcub said:

I assumed we would just be set to 0 skill. If that is the case I don't see why we cant just make a new account using our existing names. 

There is the chance later on that the new servers will eventually connect with the old ones. It might not happen at all, but there is a chance (and honestly, if the skills are high enough on the new servers I don't see why they wouldn't at that point anyway).

Allowing for the same names to be on the new servers would potentially create a lot of complications, not just with the above point I made, but also with other things. This isn't the same situation as Freedom/Epic.

If you can delete a character then it would work, if you can't delete a character then you have to make a new name.

4 hours ago, Object said:

If you can delete a character then it would work, if you can't delete a character then you have to make a new name.

Only character  that can/gets deleted is those not ever been preemium they are deleted after 90 days 

On 7/17/2020 at 1:08 PM, Maiya said:

Only character  that can/gets deleted is those not ever been preemium they are deleted after 90 days 

And after soooo many Years, this is a terrible bad System.

If i want to delete a Charakter, i should be able to. 

Or atleast allow rename of Charakter....

• Like 4

On 6/23/2020 at 7:24 PM, Samool said:

There'll be more details closer to the release regarding the tutorial process, but as is you cannot reserve a character name for the new cluster in any way.

@Samool

Checking back for "more details closer to release" on the tutorial process!!!!

It's a month later so we must be getting closer! 😛

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Han will have that shield down.  We've got to give him more time!

"will likely be some time before the launch, but"

dam i just made a toon for it and activated, only 1 more slot on that email too

though not logged on anywhere yet

its ok i did it after the public announcement, now just to log , how excitement !

Edited by Sage
i'm an idiot who doesn't read