Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Allow us to ”poof" any managed item (ex. carts)

Pretty straightforward suggestion.

It's a very cool thing we can just poof houses if we wan't to build something different or maybe we want to redesign an area.

There are 1000 reasons this could be a very nice addition, from changing boats, getting rid of eyesores on deed, etc.

Most games have a "destroy" button related to any potential in-game item except Wurm, whose design intially revolved around the idea of having things decay in a slow fashion. The issue with that reality is that it creates a lot of long-term eyesores that never really go away due to people skilling repair on them (boats, carts, etc.).

Simply have carts/wagons/boats/chests/ anything that is under the management system give the option to "destroy". Maybe someone wants to trade in his 80 ql wagon for a supreme wagon. The first wagon might just be put off deed to decay for the next 7 years. For those wondering about pvp implications well they aren't that different really. If someone wanted to destroy my ship on Desertion, they could find it, lockpick it and just unload it on a lava tile.

For newbies, that tend to start of with a small cart due to low carp skill, it's just another improvement for them when they can destroy the small cart and upgrade to a large one.

Those who might want to quit might be civil minded and get rid of potential clutter as well.

Also props to potential april fool's jokes of lending your rowboat to someone to fish, then poofing it in the middle of the ocean. Makes for a good story.

Edited by elentari
  • Cat 1

Either that or remove poofing on houses, i want it consistent :P

keep it only for items(containers/vehicles?) with ownership.. and turn them to equal weight of scrappiest resource possible wood-scraps/rock-shards

- tricky part.. scrapping a boat.. - 5-10min action timer( you can still afk, and it's still super fast - compared to the time it took to create the boat )

-- weight of the resource you get in return.. should be maybe in chunks of 25 to 50% of player's max weight to carry, 1-200kg chunks or whatever devs decide is good, but single woodscrap(will force players to wogically solve a riddle.. making a pile of items on ground and dragging the 2ton woodscrap in a bsb to make use of it)

* maybe expand the feature to players who created the item to be able to scrap it.. but that opens a few doors to grief other ( buy a make-me-a-colossus(or other) service, see it next month scrapped.. woops..; so we probably can't ever have that feature because of such possibilities)

33 minutes ago, nitram20 said:

Add this for bridges but not vehicles.

wut? why

i would say even "destroy" action on carts/wagons/boats would be enough.. We already have that on the war machines like rams or catapults. i totally agree, everywhere you go only stuff you see are tons of floor looms, carts and wagons abandoned for years... You want to clean up a bit, you just load them up into a boat and dump somewhere in the middle of the sea leaving them floating about for the next 5 years lol

To be honest I was thinking on a global approach. Anything we can manage should be destroyed with ease. Bridges, vehicles, anything that implies ownership and management system should have an option to destroy them. 

that gives you "mayor perms" in whole wurm world, you'll be able to scrap somebody's ql90 forge, statues and such... that is kind of .... 'dz NUTS' situation...

Is that what you're really after?

think the OP is saying that for anything over which YOU already have ownership/management perms you would also have destruction perm.  In other words, destruction is an option within the ownership/management permissions, like renaming or sailing a ship between servers.  This would mean you could scrap your own stuff, but not other people's stuff that you find incommodious. 

In that case I would be semi-for it.  It would need to be an action that takes time - bashing a stump is the closest in-game action that comes to mind.  Any resource recovery should be the same as if you bash something to destroy - that is to say none at the moment, but if and when a recovery mechanism is implemented then it would be included.

7 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

think the OP is saying that for anything over which YOU already have ownership/management perms you would also have destruction perm. 

Correct, that was what I had in mind. Obviously you shouldn't be able to touch other people's stuff.

Only things that are mark you as the sole owner. And no , you shouldn't be able to scrap someone else's 90 ql forge, you wouldn't be the owner of it.

But think of it in these terms. Maybe a player quits or a villager and he e-mails you telling you to do whatever you want with his stuff.

He gives you perms but his house is non inhabited, his carts, wagons, ships are of no use atm. You should always have the option to blow them up if you want. Assuming you can't find a willing villager to take them, then the option should be on the table.

I remember once making a huge trash dump on Desertion where we dumped former "mission items" : aka beds, wagons, rowboats, ship transporters (dozens of them). It got so big that those things never decayed. Newbies or people passed by there and kept repairing everything for skillgain. Trash dump is still there i think.

We can destroy small items in trash heaps. Why can't we do the same with larger items? Imping a sword to 90 ql takes about as much time as making a large cart. If not more.

If missions require us to make things like 20 canopy beds, then we should be given the option to insta destroy that clutter if we want. That's what I'm saying.

Edited by elentari

But also if people would stop fixing every damn boat they see we would get rid of junk much faster. I've seen boats that had over 70dmg repaired the next day a tousand times. Even myself couldn't get rid of couple boats in front of my deed left by previous owners just becasue some smartass comes over night to repair them at 90 dmg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kochinac said:

But also if people would stop fixing every damn boat they see we would get rid of junk much faster. I've seen boats that had over 70dmg repaired the next day a tousand times. Even myself couldn't get rid of couple boats in front of my deed left by previous owners just becasue some smartass comes over night to repair them at 90 dmg

I have seen in a number of places BSBs with signs stuck through them "PLEASE DON'T REPAIR".  

I sometimes think that if you can't command or open an item you shouldn't be able to repair it, but then what about players absent for good reason who leave stuff and friends keep it in good repair for them?  

Wurm needs mathom houses.

any poof button if its done , dont put it were we can accidently hit it and destroy things we wanted . we need to get rid of junk/ peoples rejects left lying around the world 

Well if you want to poof your house, you first get a pop-up warning. I can't imagine a better system than one confirming your action.