Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[RELEASED] Planters Mod - now with Better Farming integration

1 hour ago, Batta said:

Your shovel fails to penetrate the earth no matter what you try. Weird

That means the tiles is GM-protected. That would also stop area actions on normal fields from working... but not planters.

If you have a satchel active and still see normal "sow" that really weird, because that vanilla action should not appear without a seed selected.

19 minutes ago, bdew said:

That means the tiles is GM-protected. That would also stop area actions on normal fields from working... but not planters.

If you have a satchel active and still see normal "sow" that really weird, because that vanilla action should not appear without a seed selected.

Update:  I remembered that there is one other mod we added (though it was weeks ago before the trouble started) intended to prevent players mining off deed.  I'm going to assume that's the culprit for the tar-digging issue.

As for the better farming, we CAN do all actions except Sow 3x3/5x5/7x7 (i.e. Harvest, and Harvest & Replant, Cultivate).  I've tried all kinds of configurations I can think of to make it work -- satchels made by other players, satchels created by the wand, peas from someone's bin, peas created by GM wand, using small magical chest instead of a satchel, etc.  I'm stumped about why this suddenly stopped working.  Perhaps it's being caused by the same No Off-Deed mod.  I'll test this and report back.

Edited by Batta

9 minutes ago, Batta said:

Update:  I remembered that there is one other mod we added, intended to prevent players mining off deed.  I'm going to assume that's the culprit for the tar-digging issue.

As for the better farming, we CAN do all actions except Sow 3x3/5x5/7x7 (i.e. Harvest, and Harvest & Replant, Cultivate).  I've tried all kinds of configurations I can think of to make it work -- satchels made by other players, satchels created by the wand, peas from someone's bin, peas created by GM wand, using small magical chest instead of a satchel, etc.  I'm stumped about why this suddenly stopped working.  Perhaps it's being caused by the same No Off-Deed mod.  I'll test this and report back.

Just to be clear are you seeing sow not working with planters or when planting normal fields?

If it's the later i think i see a bug in better farming that's causing it, investigating it right now.

2 minutes ago, bdew said:

Just to be clear are you seeing sow not working with planters or when planting normal fields?

If it's the later i think i see a bug in better farming that's causing it, investigating it right now.

We are seeing Sow (multiples) not working on dirt, when planting regular crops.

The other issue (with the tar) wasn't related, as it was fixed by disabling that mod, btw.

10 hours ago, Batta said:

We are seeing Sow (multiples) not working on dirt, when planting regular crops.

Fixed in Better Farming v2.1

• Like 1

v1.4 released

Added tree and bush planters
Tree planters can be made in 8 materials - brick, clay, marble, pottery, sandstone, slate, stone and wood
Bush planters can be made in metal or wood
Tree/bush growth is controlled by new treeGrowthTicks setting - how many "field ticks" takes 1 stage of tree/bush planters to grow
(e.g. if your fields grow every hour, 10 means trees will grow every 10 hours)
There are 6 stages .... sprout, young, growing, mature, old, very old
No overaged/shriveled, once they get to very old they will live forever
Every time it grows a stage (or would grow if it wasn't at max) - you can harvest it once and pick sprout once
Harvesting isn't controlled by normal seasons, can always do it
Tweaked planted planter names to be shorter and clearer[/list]

Note: If you used v1.4-beta1 and created any stone magic planters, they will say "birchwood stone" and look like wood. Those can be fixed by running "#planters fix" command as a GM level 5 - this will fix all affected planters on the server.

Download: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/planters/releases/download/v1.4/planters-1.4.zip

•  

Edited by Angie
  • Like 2

How do you MOVE a planter if you didn't realize it gets placed at your feet where you are standing when it's completed?  I have one that is now in the "Middle of the road" through my settlement and using the Move command doesn't let you move it.

24 minutes ago, Greystar said:

How do you MOVE a planter if you didn't realize it gets placed at your feet where you are standing when it's completed?  I have one that is now in the "Middle of the road" through my settlement and using the Move command doesn't let you move it.

Load it using a wagon. Large cart might work too.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Large_planter

Edited by Antony

21 hours ago, Seria said:

https://github.com/Seria55/Seria55.github.io/blob/master/Screenshot 2023-10-03 060718.png     All my tree planter look like this.  I don't know if the issue is server side or client side.

You aren't getting the server pack for this mod from the server. This means either you have not added serverpacks to your client mod list or don't have a modded client.