Sign in to follow this  
Vooch

New Festival Cove Halloween Haunted House Impalong 2020

Well .. expert would certainly too much said 😎at skill 61.21 in fletching, but maybe I can help a bit, as .77*61.21+23=70.1317 lol.

For a long time, I've thought about a nice fighting competition to do during our impalong.

Before I release the Event Schedule, I want to talk about this.

I've thought about short-range versus long-range fighting (duels).

I also thought about weight classes:

Super Flyweight Duel Tournament (0-19.99 Fighting skill);  
Super Lightweight Duel Tournament (20-39.99 Fighting skill);  
Super Welterweight Duel Tournament (40-59.99 Fighting skill);  
Super Middleweight Duel Tournament (60-79.99 Fighting skill);  
Light Heavyweight Duel Tournament (80-89.99 Fighting skill);  
Heavyweight (90-100 Fighting skill);  

When I spoke to those on the public channels (ie. Freedom), in order to do a proper fight, you either need:  (1) the same noob gear on everyone, or;  (2) you do a "Last Person Standing" competition without any checks.

- Newbie armor and newbie weapons, on everyone that participates, multiplied by 3 different times, plus the final event (up to 4 of each needed), equates to an event we cannot do this month.

- "Last Person Standing" competition, without any checks, MIGHT be an event we can do, but...

...I want to talk to those here on the forum about short-range versus long-range competition.

Let's assume it comes down to a "Last Person Standing Competition".

As I envision, a "Last Person Standing" competition, it would be where all players are in the Fighting Arena are on the 1st floor (bottom)... the gates are locked, and you cannot go upstairs into the viewing area or you will be disqualified.

Do we really need to have a short-range vs. long-range competition for this?  If so, how should that work?

Currently, I'm thinking of a "Last Person Standing" competition where there is three separate winners (at 3 different times), and then they come together for the Final Battle, at the time between them (during the weekend).

How should we do Duels?  Is it possible to have 30 people fight against one another?  Or, is it 1 on 1?

Thoughts?  Let's get this knocked out before our event!

This shows the size of the Fighting Arena (click on it to view):

OYfKfwQ.jpg

Here's what we're going to do (speak up if you disagree) regarding "Last Person Standing" events:

"Last Person Standing" Tournament Rules:                                                
1    There will be Three different "Last Person Standing" Tournaments across various times on the Host's same day, to allow for maximum participation.                                            
    a.    The First Tournament will be a SHORT-RANGE Tournament, where each Player stands on the opposite side of the Bull v Bear Statue at the NFC Fighting Arena.                                        
    b.    The Second Tournament will be a LONG-RANGE Tournament, where Players stand on the Southwest and Northeast corners of the NFC Fighting Arena.                                        
    c.    The Third Tournament will be an ANY-RANGE Tournament, where the Players decide where to stand inside the NFC Fighting Arena, before they begin.  If an agreement cannot be made, a MID-RANGE point will be chosen by the Host.                                        
2    A Player may only enter one of the three Tournaments.                                            
3    It is very important for Players to decide which of the three Tournaments they want to join, as they can only join one. - (keep timing, distance,  number of participants, etc. in mind when making your choice.)                                            
4    The Host is the Referee of the Tournament and has the option to change rules based upon Player actions at the time.  The Host of the event also determines the Winner of each contest.  The Host can Disqualify a Contestant for any reason.                                            
5    Three different Players will win the the first phase of the "Last Person Standing" Tournament (one winner from the three different starting times on the Host's day).                                            
6    The following day, the three winners will compete in a "Last Person Standing Superbowl" for the Grand Prize.                                            
7    In our case, a "Last Person Standing" Tournament means these will be 1 versus 1 battles (with both Players allowing Duels).                                            
8    Everyone starts on the first floor of the Fighting Arena. If you are in battle and you go up a ladder, you will be disqualified immediately.                                            
9    Be sure to prepare for battle by placing a tent nearby, so that in the unfortunate event where you die, you can respawn here quickly.  The area North of New Festival Cove that has a Guard Tower is recommended.                                            
10    This could be a very brutal competition as Players may lose serious skill points upon death.  It's all about Risk vs. Reward.  Be polite while you're here, even if you lose and die.                                            
11    If you're worried about skill loss, negotiate that with your opponent before the match begins.  In the end, the Host only wants to see a winner declared.                                            
12    The gates will be locked in the Fighting Arena before a match begins, so if you're about to die, beg for mercy (if you can), or run up a ladder in the Northwest corner of the Fighting Arena, which will disqualify you automatically.                                            
13    At the datetime the event is announced by the Host of the Event, he/she will start accepting people on a first-come first-serve basis.                                            
14    Upon Announcement of the start of a Tournament by the Host, the Host will also start a 30-minute timer.                                            
15    During the 30-minute period, Players can choose whether or not to join the Tournament.  Choosing your Tournament time could work to your advantage or disadvantage, so choose wisely.                                            
16    To join the Tournament, speak up in Local Chat at the New Festival Cove Fighting Arena area, after the Host announces he/she is ready to accept people, such as saying "I want to join the Tournament", or something equivalent.                                            
17    A typical bracket Tournament structure (left to right) will be presented to the participants.                                            
18    Each Entrant to the Tournament will be added to the bracket on a first-come, first-serve basis.                                            
19    At the end of the 30-minute period, the Host will work on finalizing the brackets.                                            
20    Most left-to-right brackets will have BYE (unused) slots unless a specific limit of Players are required.  In these Tournaments, we do not know how many people will join until the event starts, so we're expecting one or more BYE slots.                                            
21    Therefore, after the 30-minute enlistment period, a left-to-right Tournament Bracket will be created, and any BYE slots will be added to the first players that asked to join the Tournament, in first-come first-serve fashion.                                            
22    The Players will be shown, by the Host, the Tournament Brackets, so they can see the route to the winning slot.                                            
23    Players will Duel, 1 versus 1, in each fight.                                            
24    When the two players allow Duel between one another, The Host will announce when a fight between the two players will begin.                                            
25    The Winner of each Duel proceeds to the next slot. until the ultimate victor is determined.                                            

"Last Person Standing Superbowl" Rules:                                                
1    Same Rules apply above, unless restated below.                                            
2    The Host is the Referee of the Tournament and has the option to change rules based upon Player actions at the time.  The Host of the event also determines the Winner of each contest.  The Host can Disqualify a Contestant for any reason.                                            
3    If an agreement cannot be made, a MID-RANGE point will be chosen by the Host.                                            
4    Since we will have Three Tournament winners, each contestant will face off against each other in a 1 vs. 1 battle.                                            
        a vs. b                                        
        a vs. c                                        
        b vs. c                                        
5    At the end of the 3 rounds, the Player(s) that lost twice is eliminated.  If not it restarts.                                            
6    In the Final Round, with 2 players left, a 2 of 3 fighting round will commence.  The Winner of the 2 rounds will be announced as the "Grand Prize Winner of the Last Person Standing Tournament".

For a long time, I've wanted to host a Fighting Tournament, and after talking to my fellow-players on freedom tonight, this seems to be the most viable option.

Looking forward.  What is the best way to get there from other servers (NE Xan for me).  

6 hours ago, Spacy said:

Looking forward.  What is the best way to get there from other servers (NE Xan for me).  

Best would possibly be to head somewhat southeast bound to Independence, then after server crossing steer towards the bay at H9 southeast of the coastal mountains, there enter the intercoastal canal at  8x 32y on Albia map of Indy https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VXUlm1dnPAy4mcp7-thzVoPcrJaN4Rv8/view and sail first east, then south following the canal to Whisper Lake and Stoney Lake and to the Inner Sea, there all the way southeast to the impalong deed.

Do most of the sailing south after the server crossing, as an ingame map grid tile on Independence is 200x200 tiles ca. against 400x400 on xanadu.

Edit: Looking forward in December

Edited by Ekcin
added hint for following Impalong
  • Like 1

If u need any more impers i can imp most all stations, but here is the ones u can see if u want to put me on:
Carpentry:
Carpentry 99,62
Fine carpentry 99,41
Toymaking 72,59
Smithing: 
Chain smithing 95,60
Plate armour smithing 96,33
Shield smithing  91,25
Blacksmithing 99,66
Jewelry smithing 70,72
Talioring:
Cloth taloring 75,39
Leatherworking 96,52

Masonry 95,73
Stonecutting 77,04

So i can almost jump in almost all areas, theres some ill missed but this is what i can help out as imper, can do ws to 52+ aswell but yea...   atleast something to offer to help ya all out... //regards MrCoolMan

On 10/8/2020 at 8:31 AM, MrCoolMan said:

If u need any more impers i can imp most all stations, but here is the ones u can see if u want to put me on:

Didn't you already sign up in August? ;)

I'm not a very avid forum reader, but I'm planning on attending now at least. I can attend any of the following stations, Carpentry, Fine Carp, Ship Building, Masonry, Pottery, and Leatherworking. I'll bring my alt if there's use for him, he can fill Blacksmithing, Weapon Smithing, Jewelry Smithing, and Chain Armour Smithing, and drinking all your beer. Unfortunately my priest is not qualified to cast (64 channeling).

I can still bring a backpack of skulls, not sure how many disposable source crystal I have laying around.

I'd also like to reserve one single room for Ulviirala, Darius, and Nhilfrynzyne please.

Edited by Ulviirala

Excited to attend this year! I can provide imps in the following;

WS

PAS

BS

Leather Working

JS

Carp/Fine Carp

Toymaking

Shipbuilding

(And probably more..)

I would also like to reserve a room as well :)

Edited by Quelon

@Spacy from Xanadu, head  South, to the South by Southwestern part of Xanadu.

From there, assuming you plot your route to Independence, it becomes simpler.  It does take some time, but I think it could be worth it for you.

On the in-game map, New Festival Cove is located at O16 on the Independence map of the Freedom Isles servers.

If you love a detailed map, use the Albia Maps.  New Festival Cove is located at 30x 44

MapOfNewFestivalCove20181124.jpg

@Ekcin- Thank you for promoting Lunalong 2020 as it'll be the next impalong event on the calendar.

For those unaware of Lunalong 2020, check out this forum post -

Impers:

@MrCoolMan - You are like a Superman based upon your abilities.  Yes sir, we will need you!  Thank you so much for coming to this event!

@Ulviirala - Thank you so much for helping to imp Carpentry, Fine Carpentry, Ship Building, Masonry, Pottery, and Leatherworking!

@Quelon - Thank you so much for helping to imp so many items!

Semi-Questionable Room Reservations:

@Ulviirala - NFC East Inn Room #208
@Darius  - NFC East Inn Room #209 - I could not find this person.  Please advise.
@Nhifynzyne - I could not find this person.  Could be a renaming fix issue.  Please advise.

@Ulviirala - I need your help on this one:  Nhifynzyne.

[01:11:17] Could not find player 'Darius' or 'Nhifynzyne'.

Room Reservations:

@Quelon - NFC West Inn Room #203 (West wing, different building & different room)

I will come do cloth tailoring and leatherworking, but can do jewelrysmithing if needed.

Reserve room for Martynas please.

i can imp ws  at 93. lw at 98, carp at 92, mason 96

i come with mrcoolman

have also fo priest at 100 faith and channeling 82

I will attend with my Vynora priest - Sundance 100 faith, 89 channeling (probably higher by then)

I can also donate 99ql wemp, archaeology statues and masks, and I have a few rare tools and weapons with nice casts on them

If there is something you are low on let me know I may have it laying around collecting dust ;)

Sun 💜

On 10/7/2020 at 7:47 PM, Spacy said:

Hello @Spacy,

I would head to the Southwest section of Xanadu and cross over onto Independence.  Once you arrive at Independence, use the Albia Maps:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EbliOmfbWcK1zhD4t4iYU-Dc18eEr7ZB/edit 

Then, follow the yellow arrows on this link:

PDgdhjF.png 

Hello everyone,

I added the Event Schedule tonight on the first post of this thread.  Over 500-silver coin worth in prizes will be given away!

@Martynas5 - I added you to imping team and reserved a room per your request.
@richtje- I added you to imp and priest teams!
@VelvetSun- We could use wemp for favor and your other items as prizes.  You can either mail them to me, or bring them over to the event.

Room Reservations:
Martynas - NFC East Inn Room #E301

Edited by Vooch

I'll be there with Lunea (93 Carp, 90 Fine Carp) and would like W204 room if possible please, thanks!

Hello everyone,

We could use more Priests for this event.  Let us know if you have a Priest with over 70 channeling skill!

The NE imp building top floor has the whitelighter (Vynora, Fo, Magranon) priests, and the NW imp building top floor has the blacklighter (Libila) priests.

Thank you all for the donations so far.  Biggest things we need are Favor: (someone to cut up or bring veggies, such as garlic) , Yarn (cut it up) at the event (or before).

We believe someone will bring acorns and source crystals.

The other would be nice to have items, but not necessary, are things like Adamantine and Glimmersteel.

Anyways, we look forward to everyone coming to New Festival Cove, and I hope everyone has a great time!  There's a full schedule of events that I posted tonight.  Please look it over and let me know if you want to host/run an event outside my schedule.

P.S.  @Eudoxia- I've added you to to NFC West Inn Room #W204, and I'll add you to the list of impers.  I'll revise that pic again this upcoming weekend.

Hi Vooch,

I won't be needing my room reservation after all. It is doubtful that I will be coming after all. So please remove me from your lists.

It looks like lots of very skilled  people have signed up though, so I am sure this event will be a success!

Good luck and have fun everyone!

15 hours ago, Vooch said:

We could use more Priests for this event.  Let us know if you have a Priest with over 70 channeling skill!

Here I come to save the day!

Vynoran

62b2d96e1cc50f7afce48aa643f7fa35.png

I haven't got much in the way of contributing favor, only burning it.

I'll come can do cas, Shield Smithing ,carp and some other stuff, and Themessenger Vyn chan 81. Could do with a room too.

On 10/10/2020 at 8:36 AM, Vooch said:

@Ulviirala - I need your help on this one:  Nhifynzyne.

Oh, just put them all in the same room, it's just to have some shared space with my alts. For uhm, private reasons xD

The third name is Nhilfrynzyne, not Nhifynzyne :P

Thank you!

Room reservation please? and can you use more prizes?

Edited by Chiqa

I will be there with my main (Olufus), and a priest (Costas) for sermons. Would like a room for Olufus