Vooch

New Festival Cove Halloween Haunted House Impalong 2020

Posted (edited)

*** WORK IN PROGRESS.  I WILL UPDATE THIS POST REGULARLY. ***

INTRODUCTION

Hello Wurmians,

Thicket and I, are proud to invite everyone to the New Festival Cove Halloween Haunted House Impalong 2020 on the Independence world.

An Impalong is a community event where Crafters (Impers) and Priests from all over Wurm come together to Improve and Enchant player tools for Free.  We all spread the LOVE around in order to improve game experience and knowledge for everyone, so whether you are young or old, this is a type of event to attend!

Let me remind everyone that in order to get here, many players dedicated their time for free in order to help create this incredible event!

This event will be held from:  Friday, October 23rd, 2020 9:00 AM Central Time through Wednesday, October 28th, 2020 9:00 PM Central Time.

If there's items remaining (after October 28th) to be Improved (imped), we will work on them through the Halloween weekend, but our intention is to make this event short-n-sweet:  Get in, Get it done, and Get out.

timer_E1603548011.svg

NEW FESTIVAL COVE

New Festival Cove is located at O16 on the Independence map of the Freedom Isles servers.  If you use Albia Maps [ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EbliOmfbWcK1zhD4t4iYU-Dc18eEr7ZB/edit ], New Festival Cove is located at 30x 44y.  Our website is located at: https://NewFestivalCove.com

For older players, New Festival Cove is located where Festival Cove was located - the location of one of Wurm's first Impalongs.  When I first arrived on the shores of Festival Cove 2.5 years ago, it was abandoned and decayed;  but I admit, it was the seven Collosus Statues that caught my eye!  After some research, I learned this site was a very special place, so I took it upon myself to return this area back to its former glory, and throw in some special extras along the way.  I know many players remember this area, so this is my salute to you!

[TODO - INSERT VILLAGE PLAN HERE]

SCREENSHOT SPOILER

Spoiler

Overview:

NewFestivalCove-via-DeedPlanner3-web.png

Pottery Imping buildings on the far left.  Haunted House on the left (wooden building).  Docks on the right:

bg9QhfP.jpg

A view of the intricate architecture within the city:

e7BUDx5.jpg

The Fighting Arena:

qn5RQZC.jpg

The Chessboard:

e3Ba3nJ.jpg

The NFC Cemetery and the Haunted House.  On the left is a pottery building for Food, Dyes, and Beverages:

F2S8ml0.jpg

A portion of Rose's Hedgemaze:

os1I1nx.jpg

And, signage to help your way through the village:

kLlA2zv.jpg

RULES

[WE WILL USE THE SAME RULES AS SHRIMPALONG.  I WILL REPOST THE RULES HERE AT A LATER DATE.]

ROOM RESERVATIONS

Spoiler

The NFC West Inn (on the right) and the NFC East Inn (on the left).  It is recommended to please reserve a room via this forum post before you attend.

FPDR44u.jpg

NFC East Inn Room Reservations:

E101 - Draiodoir

E102 - Tria

E103 - Pain

E104 - Caralynn

E105 - Darrellbeaugez

E106 - Magscrazydare

E107 - Alpengeist

E108 -

E109 -

E110 -

E201 - 

E202 - 

E203 -

E204 -

E205 -

E206 -

E207 -

E208 -

E209 -

E210 -

E301 - 

E302 - 

E303 -

E304 -

E305 -

E306 -

E307 -

E308 -

E309 -

E310 -

E401 - 

E402 - 

E403 -

E404 -

E405 -

E406 -

E407 -

E408 -

E409 -

E410 -

E501 - 

E502 - 

E503 -

E504 -

E505 -

E506 -

E507 -

E508 -

E509 -

E510 -

NFC West Inn Room Reservations:

W101 - 

W102 - 

W103 -

W104 -

W105 -

W106 -

W107 -

W108 -

W109 -

W110 -

W201 - 

W202 - 

W203 -

W204 -

W205 -

W206 -

W207 -

W208 -

W209 -

W210 -

W301 - 

W302 - 

W303 -

W304 -

W305 -

W306 -

W307 -

W308 -

W309 -

W310 -

W401 - 

W402 - 

W403 -

W404 -

W405 -

W406 -

W407 -

W408 -

W409 -

W410 -

W501 - 

W502 - 

W503 -

W504 -

W505 -

W506 -

W507 -

W508 -

W509 -

W510 -

Ye Olde Inn Room Reservations:

100 - Libilatron

101 - Magranoni

102 - Goldfinch

103 -

104 - Fooey

105 -

106 - Kaas

108 - Kaachuig

110 - Vooch

112 - Julesgoldberg

200 -

201 - Dkings

202 -

203 - Edvard

204 - Malsvir

205 - Lakatrina

206 -

208 - Everclear

210 - Lorptahs

212 - Trian / Edvard

300 - Robinn

301 - Synieztroip

302 -

303 - Londalicious

304 - Niborthewise

305 -

306 - Wulffgrymm

308 - Vraagar

310 - Orianna

312 - Hellavictus

IMPALONG IMPERS

We're looking for individuals interested in helping out with the Improving items (Imping) process.

If you are interested, please reply in this Forum post with your Character Name in-game and Skills (above 70) please.

Our current Imper list will be updated regularly, but for now it looks like this:

[TBD - INSERT IMPER LIST HERE]

PRIESTS FOR ENCHANTING AND SERMONS

We need Priests of various religions, such as the Whitelighters (Fo, Magranon, Vynora) and the Blacklighters (Libila).

We also need said Priests to spread their word (via Sermons), and we need Priests to Enchant items for everyone for Free.

If you are interested, please reply in this Forum post with your Character Name in-game and Channeling Skill (above 70) please.

[TBD - INSERT PRIEST LIST HERE]

CURRENT INVENTORY

Our current inventory and inventory needs for the event looks like this:

Spoiler

KaTZYFx.png

Recently, I've received word that Wurm ignores Leather QL for imping, so any QL will work.  Better QL improves success rate, and fails cost material.  So, the good news is, we don't need 5,000 Leather at 70 QL as we expected initally!

Favor is the #1 thing we're lacking and we're focused on getting over the next 3 months.

SPECIAL FEATURES

In addition to hosting an Impalong, we've thrown in several fun sight-seeing adventures, such as:

- Haunted House like you've never seen before in this game - this is a MUST SEE event;
- Chessboard (we've reimagined the chessboard at the same location in 2012, by adding new chess pieces and adding two cool Overlooks to oversee a game);
- Shipwreck (with a short story);
- Rose's Hedgemaze (with a golden treasure at the end);
- Dye floor (2nd floor of the SW imping building), so you can play with various colors.  This is one of our weak areas, so if you love dying or Dyes, come on over and give us suggestions on how to improve this room;
- Cooking floor (practice your cooking or learn some new recipes while you're here).

DONATIONS

At the beginning, we solicited donations for the Haunted House.  For those donations, we placed their name on a Gravestone at the New Festival Cove Cemetery.

For others donating for the Impalong, we can also place your name on a Gravestone if you request it and if we can do it (space permitting, of course).

Recently, we've received several donations for this event.  They are located here:

[TODO - INSERT DONATIONS HERE]

If I'm missing something, please let me know, so you get mentioned properly.

EVENT SCHEDULE (EVENTS, CONTESTS, PRIZES)

We have ideas on an event schedule, but we would like for this to be more organic, so please tell us what you would like to see for events!  Twilight Sparkle Unicorn Races?!  Hell Horse Races?!  We will update this section soon.

PRIZES

Tell us what you would like to see for prizes, as we would like for this to be more organic (as in, I would love responders to this post to give ideas on prizes, rather than top-down, where i tell u the prizes)!  We will also update this section soon.  Be reasonable, of course.

CONCLUSION

Wurm is waiting... Are you ready?

Edited by Vooch
  • Like 8

Sounds great, Vooch. I look forward to being a part of this event!

• Like 1

Great that we get an impalong on Indy after the end of Shrimpiie's. Right a question: did you think to contact Dracaa? Her Lunalong last year was in 2nd week of November, so would be fairly close to your date. Maybe Dracaa might consider starting later to fill the gap Shrimpiie left, and get more distance between the events to allow players and GM to adapt.

Anyway, I am checking for the resource list and consider contributing once my recent infrastructure work is done. In that context: Would be great if Magranon's scar highway would be complete at the time of the impalong :) . The connection from other servers, especially from middle south coast of Indy, is quite wanting without, and the seaway to the inner sea is long, especially in (damned) light breezes ;) .

• Like 1

A lot of work has gone into setting this up already. The place looks amazing! 

Should be a lot of fun!

Tria

• Like 2

What a beautiful place!  I'll be there with bells on!  My current skills include:

Carp 90

Fine Carp 85

Pottery 77

Cloth Tailor 79

Leather Work 75

Papyrus 73

I'll be happy to work any station as you need me.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 7:00 AM, Ekcin said:

Great that we get an impalong on Indy after the end of Shrimpiie's. Right a question: did you think to contact Dracaa? Her Lunalong last year was in 2nd week of November, so would be fairly close to your date. Maybe Dracaa might consider starting later to fill the gap Shrimpiie left, and get more distance between the events to allow players and GM to adapt.

Anyway, I am checking for the resource list and consider contributing once my recent infrastructure work is done. In that context: Would be great if Magranon's scar highway would be complete at the time of the impalong :) . The connection from other servers, especially from middle south coast of Indy, is quite wanting without, and the seaway to the inner sea is long, especially in (damned) light breezes ;) .

I think she's moving to December to fill the gap Shrimpiie left.  We're all friends.

Posted (edited)

Awesome! I love it and I will absolutely be in attendance :D

I'm happy to improve for:

Plate Armor Smithing (81)

Leatherworking (80)

Carpentry (85)

Edited by BDCKoolaid
Skills list

Reserve a room for Alpengeist please! :)

Mystery bags are a cool gift/prize idea I always enjoyed. Load a bag with some various cool goodies; maybe some rare lumps, a few gems, a birthday cake, some unique blood, whatever.

• Like 1

@Alpengeist, you've got room E107.  As for mystery bags, you're welcome to create some to give away for people here.  I love your ideas though.  If you want to donate gifts, such as mystery bags, let us know!

• Like 1