Sign in to follow this  
Brash_Endeavors

Nice :D

IDK if this is best spot for this. Lotsa steamers going to post in freedom market if together.

34 minutes ago, LionIX said:

IDK if this is best spot for this. Lotsa steamers going to post in freedom market if together.

There will be an individual dedicated market section launched with the server.

I wonder how many people will be popping in for the new server releases.

1 hour ago, Jberg said:

There will be an individual dedicated market section launched with the server.

Why not make its own section like WU got?

2 hours ago, Maiya said:

Why not make its own section like WU got?

For what reason? It will just be a simple server, a server that anyone can access, not just people from steam, and it's not going to be a whole seperate game

Edited by atazs

6 minutes ago, atazs said:

For what reason? It will just be a simple server, a server that anyone can access, not just people from steam, and it's not going to be a whole seperate game

Yes, but will be indipendent servers from the old ones, so I suppose a separate sections for them and the market is adequate.

Hopefully, just like the steam (pun intended) from a favourite hot drink, the new Wurm Servers will rise on July 24th into the gaming stratosphere.

All the very best to the development team and all involved. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, atazs said:

The reson I had in mind is that for now and we dont know for how long Steam WO will be its own game. 

Its not connected to those servers we got today and we dont know if it ever will be.

And that is the reson we cant use the names on Steam Wo that we already use on WO, incase it will be connected one day.

You need steam account (afaik) to connect to Steam WO.

The characters you got today cant and might never be able to connect to Steam Wo.

If it one day will be connected then its easy to change forum and let Steam Wo fall into rest of servers in difrent part of forums that excist today. 

But now in start it would be good to set up Steam WO in forum on its own section just like WU. And these is the difrent forumparts I can think of already today:

• Steam PvE  
  • Steam PvP
  • Steam Market
  • Technical Issues (I guess technical issues on Steam Wo can be difrent from WO, IF NOT this is not needed)

You say :

anyone can access, not just people from steam,

Care to clarify to me how they shall do that? 

Thought you needed steam to access steam game????    

1 hour ago, Maiya said:

No, you can use the normal Wurm client to connect to the "Steam" server, and the Steam client to connect to the "normal" servers.

8 hours ago, Maiya said:

The reson I had in mind is that for now and we dont know for how long Steam WO will be its own game. 

Its not connected to those servers we got today and we dont know if it ever will be.

And that is the reson we cant use the names on Steam Wo that we already use on WO, incase it will be connected one day.

You need steam account (afaik) to connect to Steam WO.

The characters you got today cant and might never be able to connect to Steam Wo.

If it one day will be connected then its easy to change forum and let Steam Wo fall into rest of servers in difrent part of forums that excist today. 

But now in start it would be good to set up Steam WO in forum on its own section just like WU. And these is the difrent forumparts I can think of already today:

• Steam PvE  
  • Steam PvP
  • Steam Market
  • Technical Issues (I guess technical issues on Steam Wo can be difrent from WO, IF NOT this is not needed)

You say :

Care to clarify to me how they shall do that? 

There is no such thing as "Steam WO" people!!!!

The new servers will be accessible by steam users AND non steam users alike via the current, non steam client! Just as the current servers will be accessible from steam!

READ THE FAQ

"Steam WO" is not a different game.

It does not give you any exclusive content or gameplay.

It is merely another, OPTIONAL client that you can use to connect to the game if you so wish.

Edited by atazs
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Wulfgar said:

No, you can use the normal Wurm client to connect to the "Steam" server, and the Steam client to connect to the "normal" servers.

I had no idea, thought steam was for steam and normal was for normal :)

1 hour ago, atazs said:

There is no such thing as "Steam WO" people!!!!

The new servers will be accessible by steam users AND non steam users alike via the current, non steam client! Just as the current servers will be accessible from steam!

READ THE FAQ

"Steam WO" is not a different game.

It does not give you any exclusive content or gameplay.

It is merely another, OPTIONAL client that you can use to connect to the game if you so wish.

From FAQ and Retro

Q: Can I play on the Steam servers without using Steam? Can I play on the old servers through the Steam client?
A:  Yes to both! While you cannot log in onto old accounts from Steam, or onto Steam accounts from our standalone client, both of those will allow you to create a character and play on all of the available servers.

this english only made me confused  :) must be couse its from downunder  lol 

I dont need steam to play on the new server I got it that far :)

• Like 1

so keeping it simple, does this mean that people using the same client they use now, could just make a new character and at the end of the tutorial just chose "steamserver1" or whatever the name of the server is, just like you would with the rest?

Yes...

The only thing you cannot do is mix and match characters themselves

So you cannot log in non steam characters via steam, or steam characters via the non steam client 

Edited by nitram20

Buys a new keyboard for review posting on Steam..... This is going to be fun .....😇

• Cat 1

On 6/21/2020 at 12:45 PM, Tpikol said:

so keeping it simple, does this mean that people using the same client they use now, could just make a new character and at the end of the tutorial just chose "steamserver1" or whatever the name of the server is, just like you would with the rest?

On 6/21/2020 at 1:17 PM, nitram20 said:

Yes...

No. They have not released details about the tutorial. There is guesswork about how it will be, but the current tutorial is in independence, so that is a no-go for Steam. My guess by what the Devs have said is that they will be releasing either a new tutorial for both sides, or a new, separate tutorial for the new steam servers.

I'm guessing the devs are not gonna release a map dump until 6 months from now? (Like they've done in the past with new servers.) 

Anyone catch wind of them (possibly) having a map dump for release day (or shortly thereafter?) *fingers crossed*

3 minutes ago, Atrayu said:

I'm guessing the devs are not gonna release a map dump until 6 months from now? (Like they've done in the past with new servers.) 

Anyone catch wind of them (possibly) having a map dump for release day (or shortly thereafter?) *fingers crossed*

form a team and build towers on mountain tops, hire @Votipto draw you a map from the s(cr)een/shots/

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Finnn said:

form a team and build towers on mountain tops, hire @Votipto draw you a map from the s(cr)een/shots/

Well, sure, that's the obvious answer... but let's try and think outside the box! :) 

• Like 1