Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Option to auto no target when out of range

as title, an option that's on by default to automatically no target when you leave combat range, for all the newbies that are gonna be starting and wondering why they're swinging their weapons around wildly and not fighting, and probably also for archaed who does the same thing and dies to a unicorn while in scale.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 3

Actually a long wanted thing but I was always too lazy to ask for it.

There is a (supposedly) unwanted mechanic already present - at least on Epic quite frequently happens that the target gets removed after moving away from the mob.

55 minutes ago, Jaz said:

at least on Epic quite frequently happens that the target gets removed after moving away from the mob.

Are you sure? the other day i was in JKH, sailing to MRH. Some bear targeted me in JKH and i sailed away leaving the target.. I crossed to elevation - still had that bear on the target from JKH, crossed to desertion - no surprise that bear was still on target in serenity lol. This is truly broken and was like that for ever. The target should defo auto remove if you leave the combat or are further than some 5 tiles away of the mob. 

• Like 1

+1 at least the bug should be fixed that you cannot untarget a mob targeted or autotargeted in/outside a cave after leaving/entering. That one is particularly annoying, as the only workaround is to actively target another mob where one is.

I'd like to see something like this too.  Run past a mob on a horse and 1000 tiles later you still targeting the mob.

+1 I got stuck in target mode when I died and my target died seconds later. I respawned in another location with the dead mob still targeting me and could not untarget.

Would be better to untarget when the hostile is nolonger chasing the player.

Edited by zCat