Sign in to follow this  
Platyna

An official statement request about GM policy of moving items.

Hi,

A CA on help insisted that we can place a support ticket if we need to move unmovable items off deed, A GM informed me they only move ships off deed. Therefore, I would like to request a policy clarification on this topic, and also perimeter policy if possible, so we can link to it when someone asks. I can provide relevant log entries upon request. Thank you for your time and consideration. 

Sure!

We remove vehicles off a players deed and to the perimeter under the following condition

1) The owner is inactive

2) it cannot be moved by yourself (this means a ship is moored, or a cart has animals hitched) 

Items like these will be moved into the perimeter.

Thank you Retrograde, how about other items such as secured containers (if you could supplement your statement with this issue).

Edited by Platyna

As I explained to you in your ticket today, those items decay and thus do not come under the two conditions.

I would advise leaving any objects out and not repair them. 

Yes, we talked about that but I wished to have a thread to easy link (in PM you said "only ships" so this had to be clarified too). I bookmarked this, thank you. 

Edited by Platyna

No chance to build a shack around such containers? Or wouldn't that unplant them?

No luck if locked. It is forbidden to pick the locks on them even if on your deed.

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

No luck if locked. It is forbidden to pick the locks on them even if on your deed.

lava works?

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

No chance to build a shack around such containers? Or wouldn't that unplant them?

No, I tried, a locked and planted FSB will plant back when moved off the shack. 

Pushed around? As should not be able to be loaded, which I meant - did not even thought about pushing ...

I was able to get a hitched large cart moved off-deed which I am grateful for, not only for myself but also the owner of the cart because had he logged in he would have been locked inside the deed (no access to open gate). Thank you GMs!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Platyna said:

No, I tried, a locked and planted FSB will plant back when moved off the shack. 

Oh bad, and somewhat wogical as one can steal a hota statue that way. I had thought about loading onto wagon. If it replants when dropped on a rock tile it would not harm. And yes Jaz, lava increases dmg until it unplants. would not help against locks though, but when the container is gone, the lock is, too.

You can take something that was planted but not locked by building a loot house. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Platyna said:

You can take something that was planted but not locked by building a loot house. 

Items inside a building you own can be pushed / turned / picked up by you, even if locked.

Items on your inventory can be lockpicked if on your deed / permissions enabled.

Planted items on your deed not on building can be pushed away to perimeter if on your deed.

Planted items off deed inside a building you own can be pushed / picked up inside your building.

All this I have done myself so I know it can be done. If for example you deed a place where a bsb is located and the bsb is full / locked, you cannot pick it up or load it but you can push it even if planted. 

If the bsb is locked but empty, you can pick it up and lockpick it while in your inventory.

• Like 2

I know items on my building can be pushed, but after they are pushed out they are locked again. Anyway, official statement has been made, the topic purpose was served.