First aid lore on wound

Lore action that's unlocked at a certain skill

20 -  You can tell this wound is stable/improving/worsening

30 - you can tell this will heal/worsening by x amount next time it ticks

50 - tells you the exact potency you'd need for it to start healing

iunno about exact numbers but something so that you can check wounds

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

I love the suggestion you posted, wonderin’ if I share it, would you mind?
I know a couple people online who would love it, please reply

6 minutes ago, Madnath said:

I love the suggestion you posted, wonderin’ if I share it, would you mind?
I know a couple people online who would love it, please reply

You're right, it is super good

Thank you for stopping by!

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

20 -  You can tell this wound is stable/improving/worsening

This is reflected in the status of the wound already

• Very light. 0-5% damage. These wounds will naturally heal at 10 health points (HP) each healing tick (5 points of damage for a basic character).
  • Light. 5-15% damage. Light wounds naturally heal at 8 HP/tick (4 points of damage for basic character).
  • Medium. 15-30% damage. Medium wounds will not heal without treatment. If the wound has an infection or the character is underfed, a medium wound may worsen to bad.
  • Bad. 30-45% damage. Bad wounds naturally worsen at 8 HP/tick, so a character with such a wound must be treated or the wound will turn into a severe.
  • Severe. 45% and up. Severe wounds worsen at 10 HP/tick. They must be treated or the wound will worsen until the character dies.

But yeah for immersion, maybe something like "You see a severs wound that must be treated or you will die."

2 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

30 - you can tell this will heal/worsening by x amount next time it ticks

50 - tells you the exact potency you'd need for it to start healing

Think these abilities would be the other way round in my mind, at 30 you know how to treat it and at 50 you know how a wound is gonna impact you.

Though what can you do at 70 and 90 skill? Would maybe go with;

30 - You can tell this wound is stable/improving/worsening

50 - Tells you the exact potency you'd need for it to start healing

70 - You can tell this will heal/worsening by x amount next time it ticks

90 - Who knows?

I'd not lock 'lore' by skill for this.. first aid it craB as it is.. no healing, only covers or farmer's salve.. and we cant even heal internal or poison past 1 application FA for poison wounds, no way to improve past that, healing system without spells is disgusting to use, making it harder for new players will just make it even worse.

Plenty of people are way below the 50.. new players will be lucky to have a 20..

This is not an improvement

before adding more ways to cure wounds, adding complexity will just be a slap in the face for everybody new and old players.

10 minutes ago, Finnn said:

I'd not lock 'lore' by skill for this.. first aid it craB as it is.. no healing, only covers or farmer's salve.. and we cant even heal internal or poison past 1 application FA for poison wounds, no way to improve past that, healing system without spells is disgusting to use, making it harder for new players will just make it even worse.

Plenty of people are way below the 50.. new players will be lucky to have a 20..

This is not an improvement

before adding more ways to cure wounds, adding complexity will just be a slap in the face for everybody new and old players.

Did I miss something, looked like it was only asking for additional information to be available at incremental skill levels?

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

You're right, it is super good

Thank you for stopping by!

Haha, I can’t stop laughing
How did you think of something this crazy?
Please answer my question above
I’d like to print it and make copies

If you don’t want me to share it, it’s not a big deal
I understand, man, I do

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 1

@MiddiI meant the op in general.. the skill is terrible to grind, unless to purposefully go into lava/thornbushes/get into a pen with aggressive animal and get bleeding out of your ears to than be able to coc/botd cotton sponge it all and repeat for hours... no matter what you're doing.. you'll need years to get a small 50 on FA.

Until the skill gets a buff, messing with it .. will just mess it up #IMO

It's not like anybody but new players bother reading and using it ( guess who's going to suffer the most ), don't believe me? go ask ca-helper's opinion if we'll get a + or - experience from this..

"- mr/s ca-helper, help me - I'm hurt!!! "

-- sure what the state of the wound? -> idk

-- ok, did it improve after applying xx -> idk

-- do you have 50 FA? -> no

-- /suicide, next!

"Great skill improvement" ClapClap, unless whole point is to force people to meta game and grind no matter if they want or not..

Until reworking FA into a bit more complex skill having way to cure all kinds of wounds somehow and scale benefits with levels and difficulty of treatments etc etc etc.... this wont be a good addition to the game.

--edit  

2 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Haha, I can’t stop laughing
How did you think of something this crazy?
Please answer my question above
I’d like to print it and make copies

If you don’t want me to share it, it’s not a big deal
I understand, man, I do

for a second made me scroll up check if we were in woodscraps section and not suggestions😆

Edited by Finnn

If I bother to.. can find at least 1-2 examples of ca-helpers or other suggest to newbies in ca-help chat to /suicide instead of trying to heal severe wound, some cases are either impossible to fix for a new player or will take an hour or more.. with a good roll and shenanigans  like bandaging, getting a rooster or something of that tier to damage same place and bandage again, etc.. as high potency covers and applying them with virtually no skill is 'impossible task' and there's not much to lose when you have no skils to care about as new player - rather spend that 1 hour trying a new experience in the game, than looking at read screen and having half a minute actions, limited stamina, etc.

By all means, discuss the suggestion, but keep personal attacks out of it.

• Cat 1

Maybe some sort of indicator if you character has any wounds that will not get better with time? Like a spell effect icon or some warning  indicator on the character window (maybe darker colors or outlines around the offending wounds). 

I no longer use salve or healing potions at rifts .were are internals gone ,you made it to easy .im carrying them around but never use them

+1 A lot of new players don't realize that bad wounds degrade into severe ones. This could remedy that. ;)

How about, the health stamina/health bar pulses, and the pulsing shows in the section that will change next pulsing a paler shade of its "new" colour.

Thus;

• If there is a net recovery coming up then a small part of the red section will pulse a pale green.
  • If there is a net damage coming up then a small part of the green section will pulse red.

The "pulse" has the whole bar switch between a paler shade (a "shadow" of the bar) and normal with the above increment/decrement showing in the "shadow" phase.

Generally have the bar pulse when hurting.

No new mechanics or info or skills, just a visual representation to get your attention.

Edited by TheTrickster

To be fair, I wouldn't use this information as a healer (I used to use the wiki guide to do mine).

However, it'd help players move away from the wiki.  The 20 skill would be useful for free players especially.

The only snag I can see is that Fo followers have better healing, and enchanted grass impacts it too.  This would make it harder to code.

15 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

The only snag I can see is that Fo followers have better healing, and enchanted grass impacts it too.  This would make it harder to code.

Good point.

Don't new players have a healing buff anyway?

Assuming that buff expires, they can always ask for a bit of help from someone to apply a cover on them. Sure /suicide is a quick solution but doesn't really help them in the long run. Depending where you die it implies corpse runs. I like part of Wurm's life implies all of us basically carrying some first aid supplies on us : farmer's salve, healing covers, cotton.

Might be a part of the starting gear to give players some first aid items like the above mentioned? Can't see any harm in it. Most games have you start off with minor healing potions or minor first aid kits or the like since 99% of the time you'll need them in the beginning. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, elentari said:

Might be a part of the starting gear to give players some first aid items like the above mentioned? Can't see any harm in it. Most games have you start off with minor healing potions or minor first aid kits or the like since 99% of the time you'll need them in the beginning.

True.