Sign in to follow this  
Katrat

I just got disconnected from WO 7 times in the past half hour! What is going on?!

From the moment I logged on tonight it has been disconnect after disconnect! An alliance member was having the very same issues last night!! The game is unplayable when this happens! This is not the first time I and others have had to deal with this. It's been randomly reoccurring for some time now. Why is this still happening??? Nothing we do helps including restarting the PC changing setting etc.! It's NOT on our end! Why is this still happening!? I'm really getting fed up here!!

• Like 1

If it's just you - it's just you.. always first ask a few 1-3 villagers, friends, ... if they had some lag or dc issue as well.

You being disconnected(alone) could mean just a local problem your isp is having temporarily for whatever reason.

If you see other on forums complaining about same/similar issue around the same time frame, you might be on the right track that it's wurm issue :), try to narrow it before posting.

@Katrat is Comcast your network provider? I have been having the same issues all day. Disconnects and lag spikes, however of note for today our phone provider, Metro PCS, went down for a few hours today. It could all be related.

All my other games etc. That use this provider are running just fine It's only wurm that is having issues! I have Verizon fios 5G.

Me, too. New York. Every 10-20 minutes, disconnected. Then upon retry, I get right back on. This has been happening ALL day.

Verizon FiOS business class.

Edited by BoPeep
provider name

bunch of people are having issues with cell service, can't use text or phone calls but still have data. End of days I tell ya 

21 minutes ago, Katrat said:

All my other games etc. That use this provider are running just fine It's only wurm that is having issues! I have Verizon fios 5G.

Sadly that means nothing, could be packet loss or something 'more serious' with your isp, probably temporary case, only thing as long your connection does not break often.. and it's just random connections left loose with EU where wo servers are... using vpn might save your gameplay, but that's a long shot.

Unless you see a few non verizon-fios players with issues, it's already narrowed down :), try vpn or wait it out, if other do not have issues.. problem got nothing to do with wo server/s.

o7

Getting thrown off constantly..I'm in New York and have Verizon Fios.

It could be ISP based, but Hetzner is known for having networking issues. Part of why we are planning the move to the new hosting providers. 

Hopefully it settles soon! 

Well I stated in my post that I have Comcast Xfinity so it's obviously not just Verizon

• Like 1

also T..Moble in USA is out all afternoon.. it is indeed the beginning of the new dark ages.....maybe the webs is doomed

I know of 2 others having the same problems, one of them with Verizon so lots of issues there

MY dingonet is fine so not on Aussie end

Edited by Rhianna

um I cant login, I was having crazy chat issues where chat wasn't showing up and now, I can't logging its just setting on connecting to server. can we get some info onw hats going on with servers?

I use comcast xfinity, and im not having issues with anything except for wurm right now, discord, wow, guildwars, runescape, eve online, everything else works just fine.

Edited by eldarian

2 minutes ago, eldarian said:

um I cant login, I was having crazy chat issues where chat wasn't showing up and now, I can't logging its just setting on connecting to server. can we get some info onw hats going on with servers?

I use comcast xfinity, and im not having issues with anything except for wurm right now, discord, wow, guildwars, runescape, eve online, everything else works just fine.

None of those use European servers except maybe Eve. International connections are far more troublesome than domestic. It might be one of the international trunks, specifically from the New York area are having issues. There is nothing wurm can do about a bad router or fiber cut somewhere. I have had some lag but not 1 disconnect from Florida.

Obviously it's not just one provider and as far as cell phones go I'm having no issues there. And I'm not from NY.

Edited by Katrat

I live in central usa on DSL and rarely have issues, only lag for me is backup lag

I have been having the same issue on Indy all day as well but not one problem on the other client on Celebration which is on the new site right? That lets me know the problem is somewhere after it splits across the ocean and one route goes to hetzner and the other to the new provider that has Celebration server. So the problem is somewhere over there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Finnn said:

If it's just you - it's just you.. always first ask a few 1-3 villagers, friends, ... if they had some lag or dc issue as well.

You being disconnected(alone) could mean just a local problem your isp is having temporarily for whatever reason.

If you see other on forums complaining about same/similar issue around the same time frame, you might be on the right track that it's wurm issue :), try to narrow it before posting.

I knew it wasn't just me and it wasn't local! You seem to have missed the info in my original post about an alliance member having the same issue the night before. He's from Australia I'm from the USA.

I used to have this happen to me atleast 5x a day playing from australia, ever since cele has moved to the new providers i haven't had it happen once (on aws it didn't happen but aws just had constant lag spikes all day), it's a reoccurring issue with connections getting broken between your ISP and Hetzner (can tracert it to see where the issue is), i'd reccomend trying out a vpn based in germany and seeing if that fixes it for you, as that'd often fix it for me when i was having these issues.