Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

(pvp) Steam Release - Remove or Limit - Local, Death, Who

A common discussion in the past and would be great change for Steam PvP.

Should put a delay on /who and death tab to update every hour or some other time limit.  Nice features, but shouldn't be something that we rely on for PvP.

Remove local or limit it severely.  Too much PvP is planned on local tab and knowing who is there or how many.  Also hard to run away from a mob of enemies when it's easy for them to know if you are in range or not.  Also know how defended a deed is based on local.  Local is just a cheap give-a-way where you could have planned better tactics.

My ideas for local would be 2 options.  Only allow you to pop up in local if seen by tower guards and there is a new option to "spot" people which would make them show their name in local.  Both of these options would be limited to a timeout.  If you or a guard "spots" you in local it only lasts for up to something like 2 minutes, then have to "spot" them again.

Edit:  Or I guess you can just target a bunch of people to have them pop up in local for awhile instead of "spotting".   Or just remove local entirely or have it 10 tile range.

Edited by nicedreams

+1 if only for steam. Leave epic/chaos as it is. might be a good idea for a completely fresh cluster/player base

I see no reason why "Local" needs to change.  

Delaying death tabs is irrelevant, because spies/friends in one of the two engaged kingdoms is going to give word to others for a backdoor.  It happens.

The removal or significant delay of /who is just going to encourage people to raid during off-hours.

10 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

I see no reason why "Local" needs to change.  

Delaying death tabs is irrelevant, because spies/friends in one of the two engaged kingdoms is going to give word to others for a backdoor.  It happens.

The removal or significant delay of /who is just going to encourage people to raid during off-hours.

anigif_enhanced-20376-1429123673-8.gifWait.. pvp never happens if 1 side have less people?

It's not un/common but.. fair number was NEVER a factor when you feel like raiding and go hunting for loots in Rust