Sign in to follow this  
Katrat

Show if suggections are being considered by the devs.

I don't see any indication of what if any ideas are being considered as possible new features in the game. And having seen several very old ideas not implemented I get the feeling many players think that the effort of suggesting things is futile and therefore do not bother to post any ideas. It would be a shame if a really good idea was lost to discouragement. I think it would be encouraging to know that they are indeed being looked at. Maybe via a system of tags for yes, no, maybe, in progress, convince us etc. Just a thought.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Katrat said:

I don't see any indication of what if any ideas are being considered as possible new features in the game. And having seen several very old ideas not implemented I get the feeling many players think that the effort of suggesting things is futile and therefore do not bother to post any ideas. It would be a shame if a really good idea was lost to discouragement. I think it would be encouraging to know that they are indeed being looked at. Maybe via a system of tags for yes, no, maybe, in progress, convince us etc. Just a thought.

Their response last time was "it makes the player base feel like their suggestion will happen and will get angry when they arent given a time frame and get angry when no time frame is given"

I am so for wanting to have some sort of indication but they have previously said no multiple times :(

• Like 1

if a thing you suggested ends up in the game then they considered it.

I.E.

• portable bed/ cot/ sleeping bag,  this one has been suggested once a long time ago with a few good ideas connected with it. there is already a model for the sleeping bag/ bed that the wagoneer uses why couldn't that model be used as a portable bed for players to craft with around 20 skill in cloth tailoring the sleeping bag could be placed on flat ground or inside a tent, or have a cot version that can only fit in the military tent.  it would not replace the tent it would just be a sleep option and would also be nifty to have.   (update) New:  You can now craft bedrolls, similar to the 2019 Christmas Gift version.

Bedroll requires tent owned by player within 2 tiles.

Bedroll can only be slept on by the person who dropped it, also only picked up by the person who dropped it.

A player will get 75% of the normal bed sleep bonus gain for the crafted bedrolls..

The Christmas Gift version allows full sleep bonus and has a unique texture.

Bedrolls (both crafted and festive) take damage on use, decay as usual, are repairable and impable.   Thank you Dev Team

from my original suggestion post

seen here 

Over the last ten years, I have seen tons and tons of player suggestions make it into the live game.

I think the devs do a good job of taking suggestions from the community, but I understand and agree that they cannot always indicate in advance which ones might be under active consideration  -- as said, people will take that as confirmation the idea is approved, and will get upset if it never ever  makes it into game.   We just have to wait and see which ideas work out. But the number of ideas suggested by the community, that do make it into the game, is actually pretty substantial.   Some I can think of off the top of my head are beehives, dyable clothing, sheep, hitching posts (first suggested in WO, later implemented in WU before coming to WO as well), saddles and bridles, flower pots, farming planters, stills and brewing. 

There are probably at least one hundred more if someone ever drew up a full list.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, leander said:

if a thing you suggested ends up in the game then they considered it

Well yes that's quite obvious!  I was wondering more about what is still "in the works". And what if any ideas are an absolute no go. I'd rather not waste my time following an idea that will never be. 

There are suggestions that are good for the game that are not implemented because one or two "powers that be" decide it isn't good for the game.  Prime example is my age-old suggestion of "all gales all the time" on Xanadu.  That map is too damn big to be able to sail anywhere in a reasonable time frame in a light breeze, and the size of the community on Xanadu just isn't what it used to be.

But back to the OP's point, yes, it would be nice to know what's being talked about, what's being worked on.... as much as I agree with you, I just don't see it happening, by their choice.  

For some, it's curiousity with regard to the process... like me personally I'd love to see behind the curtain a little bit about the recent update to sunlight, because it really was a work of art.  

For others, it is to endlessly disagree on the priority of changes needing to be made to the game.  Should we fix PvP?  NO, focus on flower pots!  Nooooonono capescapescapes!  

Some people look at communication about future updates as a sign of hope, and it helps them justify their continued existence.

For me personally, the closest analogy I can think of is walking onto the porch, noticing a junebug on it's back, and staring at it for a few seconds to see if the leg twitches a little, just because you're curious if it is still alive.  

This has come up as meta-discussion in quite a few threads that I have seen in my short time here.  It is very frustrating not knowing if what you are discussing will be considered or if it has already been rejected, but it does seem less frustrating than the suggested alternatives.  In some cases, I am sure that suggestions which would have garnered a hard "no" initially may be later reconsidered.  Likewise something may seem like a brilliant idea, and develop commences only to find that it is unworkable or fundamentally breaks a major element of the game.  

I don't know if there is an answer that improves on "You'll know they considered it when you see it in the game."

• Like 1

sure.. +1 for reasons I better not explain..

• Like 1