Sign in to follow this  
puncher

Gold Mine Doors

So i looked and could not find another topic on this so here it goes.

According to wiki this door is a black smith skill based item.

Gumbo and I were talking about the Horror of making these.  I was using 100 ql ore to make 80+ql  rivets and each one that i kept track of failed at least 3 times. (50 rivets)

The gold sheets are non imp able and I have a BS skill of 96.  2 gold sheets I used failed to lumps again and I remade.  (nice you get the full lump back).

Is there a known reason why this door is difficulty max level it seems.  Was it some old ROLF idea of not having gold mining doors.

Either way can we bring this into balance with the other doors.  IT seems to be set at the artificially harder then needed level.

Thoughts?

Total materials
Result
  • 1 Mine door (gold) (121 kg)
Skill and improvement

I'd like to think the door itself although not the strongest the process is long because cosmeticically it shows high value and craftmans ship.. 

From finding the high ql gold to making it. 

Steel is stronger but the process is making steel is long too. 

Eitherway I think its OK...how does silver play out? Is it sightly easier? 

I made one piece in the past when it looked like made of yellow plasticine and I`m not going to repeat that. Never. Even when I used iron rivets to finish them to make the whole process easier it was a real pain.

9 hours ago, Mclavin said:

I'd like to think the door itself although not the strongest the process is long because cosmeticically it shows high value and craftmans ship.. 

This is great for storyline but I am more interested in how it seems to break skills down into being just about the fails I get at level 10 skills when trying something.

9 hours ago, Mclavin said:

From finding the high ql gold to making it.   

This was not made from high ql gold.  IT was though made with very high ql Iron rivets

Steel is stronger but the process is making steel is long too. 

I am not sure what this has to do with blacksmiths skill and how it seems to be ignored or maybe it should be JW

Eitherway I think its OK...how does silver play out? Is it sightly easier? 

I don't know I have not had a reason to make one.