Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

(pvp) remove/change war bonus

title, war bonus is trash, spamming items to fill it up is pretty easy at high skill with imbued tools (i did it for grinding on freedom and 30% took me like 2 hours to make with mats i had around) but it's so powerful that you're forced to use it otherwise you're going to be completely outclassed. it's a system that's extremely imbalanced towards older players that are high skill in fine carp/shield smithing and have an imbued saw/anvil and is something you should really look at changing before wo steam comes out

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 2

Honestly just another chore that takes away from actual game play. +1

9 minutes ago, armyskin said:

how much is it currently even used?

we'd always have it at 30% when we pvp'd, just have a few hundred signs in storage and sacc a bunch on an vyn alt if anyone was popping local, i imagine other kingdoms were the same as they were hitting equally hard in fights (around 10-15 damage per hit from a salved sickle against a 60ish str sotg toon in leather, drake is around 8-12)

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

I forgot what those towers are called on Chaos that give bonuses.  There's 2 of them on the east side I know about (panda deeds and one near old hota area).  For example controlling certain towers would give a defense or offensive bonus, but can always be challenged and changed from a battle.  Creating items to sack to get PvP bonus is lame and not fair for competition in PvP.  Make people earn and fight to control these bonuses and if one group ends up being over powered in the future then make the bonuses have a time limit where the towers or whatever would have to be retaken.

What if they rework it as in make it so the war bonus is not gained from saccing stuff but by having the deed's members go and fight enemies and for each fight the winner would get 0.5% war bonus added to the deed they belong to and the loser would get 1%.

This way is grinded thru actual fighting and the losers would get double the gain so it acts as a catch-up mechanic and be willing to go out and fight still?

And could make it so the minimum req's to be eligible to gain war bonus for your deed this way could be 70fs and 30body? Dunno just take the code from the elite's slayings that sets up those min requirements and paste it there.

And they could add some other mechanic that would give war bonus for pve in the exploration update and that would actually still be good since it would also incentivise ppl on pvp server to go out more and increase the chances of having random encounters with the enemies.

Also just removing it would work for me aswell:)