Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Steam PvP from Day 1 (please lock)

Release pvp alongside pve even with quirks?   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Release pvp alongside pve

2. 2. Will you change server after 1 week?

• I rather stay where put
    • I'll change server
    • I rather not but feel forced

You should release pvp server on day 1 alongside the pve version, people/new blood will unlikely settle on freedom then a week later resettle on pvp, people who need faith converts because BL or w/e will also be an issue, then the fact idk why you're taking away the rush of a pvp server being fresh accounts by letting us skill over on freedom for a week prior.

I find it hard to understand how you're mucking up and putting pvp on the back end once again. 

The quirks that come along with a pvp server opening is what makes part of the rush, yall just making excuses at this point for the delay and many of us would much rather have quirks pop up than completely lose out on pvp day 1 grind rush. 

Also, if you play on pvp you get both pvp and pve so why are we suggesting that keeping it delayed for a week gets people to experience it both? 

------------

Points from broken sanity

An overview of some of the points I made in the other thread:

People will already be skilled up when the PvP server is released. This means PvPers will miss out on the fresh experience when PvP server opens. This is often the most exciting time for a new PvP server, as people rush to be able to ride horses, wield their chosen weapons, etc, all whilst scouting and skirmishing.

PvP servers always rely on that initial burst of players. A lot of experienced groups will lose momentum by starting out on a PvE server. So even when they introduce the new servers, people who have already had their fresh start on the PvE server are now settled down and won't want to jump over. 

The only people who'll end up on the new PvP server will likely be older experienced players. If you're a new player who wasn't given the option of a PvP server upon tutorial completion, you're not likely to want to move to a new server when it's released, or even know how, or why you might want to.

A lot of players will be interested in the PvP style game play (team work, big deed building, etc), rather than the more solo based gameplay of PvE. They won't see these teamwork kingdom based elements on a PvE server, and will stop playing. Once they've stopped playing, they're not going to care or know if a PvP server has been released. And even if they did, they wouldn't know it's a different experience to PvE servers.

Upon the PvE server opening there 'll be a massive land grab from PvPers, only for the land to then be abandoned when the PvP server opens.

Basically, this is the biggest (last?) chance for a big influx of players to Wurm, and the Devs are treating the PvP server as second rate

*Unban Mcdaniel 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 10

Yes, the reasons why, are black and white.

HAH.

GET IT.

cef.png

• Like 2

Give us a poll you need to include one

On topic yes i do agree once again they wanna shaft the pvp community i can understand some reasons like "We want to test stability" and such but do that with cele we are used to it now you dont need to delay the new pvp server with a week for the sake of "if we encounter issues" and what not let them happen we will complain just as much if we are on 2 servers or if we are on 1 if stuff goes down so it doesnt matter ;)

The current crowd yes we would swap after a week but a lot of new players who might come during that week would not go and make the swap and go "oh and loose my items and loose my house? ya no thanks ill pass"
Another thing why no item transfer why no sailing between the 2? i can see some of the reasons sure but most stem from established servers if you wanna stop save horse breeding just disable horse transfers

• Like 1

Why do pvp miss out on something theyve been asking for since I started playing

Fresh server. Fresh skills

With epic you did fresh server, forgot fresh skills

Now we got new server, and still don't get that new player start.

If a week isn't a big difference in your eyes of wurm gain, then it isn't a big difference in bug gain either.

Just release both alongside each other and keep everybody happy for once

Literally

Give us what we ask for and stop half assing the pvp community. 

Waited 5 years to experience a pvp server release with wurm online with fresh accounts, only ever got this with challenge. 

• Like 1

An overview of some of the points I made in the other thread:

• People will already be skilled up when the PvP server is released. This means PvPers will miss out on the fresh experience when PvP server opens. This is often the most exciting time for a new PvP server, as people rush to be able to ride horses, wield their chosen weapons, etc, all whilst scouting and skirmishing.

• PvP servers always rely on that initial burst of players. A lot of experienced groups will lose momentum by starting out on a PvE server. So even when they introduce the new servers, people who have already had their fresh start on the PvE server are now settled down and won't want to jump over. 

• The only people who'll end up on the new PvP server will likely be older experienced players. If you're a new player who wasn't given the option of a PvP server upon tutorial completion, you're not likely to want to move to a new server when it's released, or even know how, or why you might want to.

• A lot of players will be interested in the PvP style game play (team work, big deed building, etc), rather than the more solo based gameplay of PvE. They won't see these teamwork kingdom based elements on a  PvE server, and will stop playing. Once they've stopped playing, they're not going to care or know if a PvP server has been released. And even if they did, they wouldn't know it's a different experience to PvE servers.

• Upon the PvE server opening there 'll be a massive land grab from PvPers, only for the land to then be abandoned when the PvP server opens.

Basically, this is the biggest (last?) chance for a big influx of players to Wurm, and the Devs are treating the PvP server as second rate.

Edited by BrokenSanity
  • Like 4

hello i'm from the future i'm here to tell you whats gonna happen with the release being delayed a week

already established pvp groups get together on freedom server, they have their special super nerds sharing crafter accounts, one weapon smith one armor smith one blacksmith etc, 3 people per account, they grind for 12 hours a day, they all feed their sleep powder from buying premium into these accounts, meanwhile afk mining/praying/hunting/whatever on their mains that they're gonna pvp on and by the time pvp release you've got people able to craft 70+ql gear running around already dunking everyone who wasn't weird enough to do the same ######

just release at the same time lol

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 9

Don’t half ass this, release same time. 

12 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

hello i'm from the future i'm here to tell you whats gonna happen with the release being delayed a week

already established pvp groups get together on freedom server, they have their special super nerds sharing crafter accounts, one weapon smith one armor smith one blacksmith etc, 3 people per account, they grind for 12 hours a day, they all feed their sleep powder from buying premium into these accounts, meanwhile afk mining/praying/hunting/whatever on their mains that they're gonna pvp on and by the time pvp release you've got people able to craft 70+ql gear running around already dunking everyone who wasn't weird enough to do the same ######

why you giving away valuable plans dammit :(:P

I agree, even as a non-PVP player. 

In addition to all of the extremely logical reasons listed above, and it only being fair to the PVP community, I'd point out that it also negatively impacts the PVE community as well simply from bored people buying up deeds in prime areas that they never intend to play  longterm. They'll either sit on those deeds for a year, or try to sell them at a huge huge markup, in part because they have nothing else to do while twiddling their thumbs. All of the true brand new players will be clumping near the starter area the first days, while the experienced players are more savvy on how to navigate the wilderness without dying 231 times and losing all their corpses (or they simply know those won't matter that much, a week later).

Or, they will run around griefing carebear players out of frustration, and driving the GM team nutso.

Or join villages only to abandon them a week later, causing morale problems for pve settlements and starting an unfortunate narrative that "the game is dying"..

I would even delay the Steam launch till early August if needed to do this.  Heck, as a PVE only player, I might even argue in favor of opening the PVP server a few days before the PVE one. In the long term, I think that would serve both communities better. And while I would never play on a PVP server myself, there probably are a number of committed PVE players who would at least TRY the PVP server, if it was the only option on Week One.

It might be the shot in the arm the PVP community has long needed.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 12

3 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

while the experienced players are more savvy on how to navigate the wilderness without dying 231 times and losing all their corpses (or they simply know those won't matter that much, a week later).

It wont matter at all with the newbie buff the best way to do it is make an alt you dont intent to play on much run around until you find a spot you like throw on enough silver to make a deed then make your main invite main to deed transfer deed and tada all tools no deaths in the spot you want it to be at now you go 1 step further you get 3-4 alts to mine as ql 20 is more then good enough for the first 2-3 days and mining is slow

your main wc's and digs and your alts mine/dig clay your main joins in when you want to and if you got the money you prem them all up and enjoy your high ql abundance of iron in no time and a nice big mine your main can skill metal related skills without iron ore cap your alts can mine/wc/dig when your main isnt and if a scorp or troll shows up you can use them as cannon fodder while you try to kill it once you got your large cart and horses and small crate you make your guard tower(all on day 1 mind you) and never needing to use silver for a templar

Within a week a solo player with 3-4 alts can get their crafting skills to 40-50 if they are a experienced no lifer with sleep bonus from all the alts you will have a lmc because 1 year prem purchase on main so food is not wasted you will be set by day 8(i wrote down a plan before and tested it a few times on wu with as close to normal settings as possible) if you spend 6-8 hours a day doing stuff

So now like OR said if you got a group of players from different time zones this process is way faster to the point your shared crafting toons could potentially be at 50 skill on day 4 making ql 55-60 gear and by 7 sitting higher even with max ql being capped to your miner's their speed(which there are a few ways to grind mining up insanely fast without sb)
A 7 day delay will make the big groups of established players have 1 70 mason(a few towers a few houses bam) a 70 carp a 70 blacksmith a 70 chainsmith a 60-70 miner or 2 and a 90+ digger and thus within 2 weeks on the new pvp map we will have a stalemate of small skirmishes as deeds are all up and established unable to break through because the average body strength isnt high enough to deal with dozens of templars while trying to climb and we cant treb buildings as ###### skill

All in all same day release for pvp and pve is best case to prevent this kind of no lifing that will give the 1-2 groups who do it an advantage(imagine the first group to get high botd casts or venom and stuff to be 2 weeks sooner then any other group you will see a mass exodus from the pvp server)

Now the fact that skill is transferred between the 2 servers but items isnt also leads to a scenario where everyone can just band together in 1 village with dedicated tools for dedicated jobs and you can skill there on the weekdays then jump over when pvp starts leading to pvp deeds being empty desolate husks with just the minimal of gear after all if there is no limit on transfers then that will be most likely the case after all you cant kill a logged out or transferred account so all valuables are stored in unraidable places and what little is left is easy to replace it just leads to bad stuff
But if you have pvp from the get go people wont setup a deed to grind at early on if at all because they are from day 1 trying to push for a safe secure deed and thus skilling deeds like that arent a priority vs day 7 pvp launch "hey guys we gotta make this place to skill up as fast as we can to get an advantage against others" 😕

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

already established pvp groups get together on freedom server, ..

I agree to all of that, but ..

Do you think anything else, or at least anything much different, would happen when PvP is released the same day?

Edit: Ok would happen on the PvP server then ..

Edited by Ekcin

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

This is exactly how it will happen no matter if PvP is opened day 1 or day 7 or when ever.  You'll have an organized group with level 70+ crafters and 70 FS fighters within a week while noobs still trying to figure out how to play the game, make a large cart and build a house (that can be raided in 5 minutes).

The only thing I see with PvP being successful is that items won't transfer between PvE and PvP, but skills will.  Should just do that with Chaos/Freedom right now which should have been done years ago.  Let skills transfer, but not items.  Might help the new Steam PvP servers not get rushed with experienced players, but doubt that.

• Like 2

They're reviewing the launch so for now this can be closed and I'll make a new one once we know whats up if it's needed. I think this poll although not finished is conslusive enough to show the direction peoples votes are going and the post itself summed up the general feelings that can be commeted I doubt anything will bring a new angle and I just see the thread repeating/losing focus on the topic.

90b901626a6be36286a27d384b2b9811.png

Please close thread.

Edited by Mclavin

who cares about pvp creating clay pots seems to be more interesting

• Like 1