Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Steam Launch FAQ

I don't think I've seen an answer to this one yet - how will character creation work for the new server? Either there has to be a launcher update with server selection available, or a 3rd new server dedicated to a tutorial leading to portals, right?

I'm just a tad confused as to how the initial starting out will work I guess.

will the steam store have wurm shop items prem and silver coin.  displayed in local currency or just euro's only like current wurmonline.com shop?   my steam store normally show Canadian $  , which makes it wasy to know what i'm paying. vs the random exchange rates

1 hour ago, Argurios said:

Either there has to be a launcher update with server selection available, or a 3rd new server dedicated to a tutorial leading to portals, right?

Samool said in another thread that everyone will start on Golden Valley.

"" Starting tomorrow, new characters will start on Golden Valley and the portals there will have the new servers as added destination choices.  ""

He did not explain quite yet where the tutorial would be, if it would be GV, or duplicated between Indy/Haven and Harmony/Heartland, or even if there would be a tutorial stage at all. 

It's not clear if there will be four destination choices (South Freedom PVE, South Freedom PVP/Epic,  North Freedom PVE, North Freedom PVP),   or if every individual server and its start town(s) - including each kingdom start on DefiancePVP and Epic -  would be listed. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Samool said in another thread that everyone will start on Golden Valley.

Oh that's interesting... not long ago I saw someone offering to buy GV accounts using in-game Silver and he had apparently already bought a couple, but GV is back again and I'm glad because I always wanted to check it out.

Usually -- I am not sure what it will be like tomorrow -- usually the new player login and tutorial area on GV was separated from the rest of the server by fences and locked gates, so that new and old characters on GV could not intermingle or cross over.    I am not even sure if GV is "back" now, I think the people with characters already there could always log into it.   

I highly doubt that any of these old characters with skills all maxxed at 20 can now suddenly cross over into the new servers and start with what would be a terrific head start in skills.

One of the devs could probably address that.

Wait, you can buy silver? Sounds like Pay2win. But there might not be a lot of other means of getting coin early in WO? I have only played WU before.

9 minutes ago, Calthaza said:

Wait, you can buy silver? Sounds like Pay2win. But there might not be a lot of other means of getting coin early in WO? I have only played WU before.

you can not buy stuff to acualy make your toon better form silver, it is for trading between players and pay uppkeep for deeds, so not pay2win in that way realy.

As long as the devs havent put some ridiculous merchant stocked up in the spawn zone, buying silver will not allow you to progress more than the average player in a new server like this

Any old characters already on GV will not be able to access the new servers (this doesn't change from how things work now).

The ridiculous merchants at the new Harmony spawns have been told to pack up their huge stock and get out of town; they were confirmed to have sailed away to unknown destinations this morning.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Pandalet said:

Any old characters already on GV will not be able to access the new servers (this doesn't change from how things work now).

The ridiculous merchants at the new Harmony spawns have been told to pack up their huge stock and get out of town; they were confirmed to have sailed away to unknown destinations this morning.

Can we still buy merchant contracts?

is there a link to the map and where the starter cities will be? Im lost in the forum mess

Edited by LumpyGravy

2 minutes ago, LumpyGravy said:

is there a link to the map and where the starter cities will be? Im lost in the forum mess

starter towns here:

aS7MfXm.png

Need some clarification:

1) When transferring from PvE to PvP, which skills exactly will not transfer?  I have read Fighting Skill, Meditation and Faith.  Does this include Shield skills, weapons skills etc?

2) Does this lack of skills transferring work both ways?  Say transferring from PvP to PvE, do I lose FS, etc?

1 minute ago, Melros said:

Registration and shop down. nice

Yeah, they have to take them down to make stuff work the right way...

How do you register a charachter on Steam?

Or dont you have to register one at all?

Surely the name has to be checked to see that it has not already been used?

The logical approach is to register via the button on the Steam launcher itself. Is this the correct way?

And how do you pay prem for your Steam charachter?

Via the old Wurm shop?

Somewhere in Steam itself??

The confusion meter is currently at Red Alert level.

3 minutes ago, griper said:

How do you register a charachter on Steam?

Or dont you have to register one at all?

Surely the name has to be checked to see that it has not already been used?

The logical approach is to register via the button on the Steam launcher itself. Is this the correct way?

And how do you pay prem for your Steam charachter?

Via the old Wurm shop?

Somewhere in Steam itself??

The confusion meter is currently at Red Alert level.

What i did however i have not gotten in yet....

I click on the down arrow with three dots...  It pulled up the old registration and thought this can't be right

Went back to the launcher saw there were Written instructions in the window "Saying Register Here" and then log in with name and password....

so I clicked said link created my new account got the 2 month premium option plus silver.

restarted the launcher because it still didn't have a password field...

After restarting still didn't have a password field so put in the account name and it did the same thing the stand alone launcher does 

Trying to Connect infinity or sometimes it says network error try again....

10 minutes ago, sulfurblade said:

What i did however i have not gotten in yet....

I click on the down arrow with three dots...  It pulled up the old registration and thought this can't be right

Went back to the launcher saw there were Written instructions in the window "Saying Register Here" and then log in with name and password....

so I clicked said link created my new account got the 2 month premium option plus silver.

restarted the launcher because it still didn't have a password field...

After restarting still didn't have a password field so put in the account name and it did the same thing the stand alone launcher does 

Trying to Connect infinity or sometimes it says network error try again....

Ah, the launcher window was constantly blank so I never saw that information.

How do you link my Steam character to play,I made one it keps say I need to link it,but how?

Here's a big note:  Steam client characters don't use passwords and you shouldn't have to enter one to create or play a character through Steam.

Internally it uses your SteamID for that, so it already knows it's you.

You do, of course, need to enter a character name to create a character for Wurm Online on the Steam client.

Can you delete a character that you created via the launcher button?

I still want to use the name on Steam.

I paid prem for it so I dont known how long it will take for the name to expire by itself. (forever?)

3 hours ago, griper said:

Can you delete a character that you created via the launcher button?

I still want to use the name on Steam.

I paid prem for it so I dont known how long it will take for the name to expire by itself. (forever?)

Unfortunately by making that character premium you've guaranteed it'll be there forever.  With that premium ongoing, you might just want to use the stand-alone client to play it.  You can still choose to go to the new servers (Which aren't limited to just Steam players).

3 hours ago, Tristanc said:

Unfortunately by making that character premium you've guaranteed it'll be there forever.  With that premium ongoing, you might just want to use the stand-alone client to play it.  You can still choose to go to the new servers (Which aren't limited to just Steam players).

Ah, thanks!

I dont mind using the old client.

Edited by griper

Just need clarification, do the new servers limit the meditation level to 9?