Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Steam Launch FAQ

Acting like that to people with serious ingame problems you just make them throw the game, no one will create 14 acccounts and pay their prems, and not many ppl will sustain two acounts prems. Just let ppl choose, and energy you spend to figure out it will pay off in the future. But now, what i read on this thread and how ppl relate to another person's serious problem, I am got repulsed to ever again come here in and communicate to point on game issues, not to mention the point of continuing to play. So think when you offer something, or you gonna play alone on "your" new servers rather that you can imagine. And what's your business about my nicknames, that's not theme to talk about, i talking more about accounts and money i spend on them which will double if i do like you want... But fi you guys want to know that so badly, ill tell you that manny ppl in this game just bought their accounts for real money from others players, and when you see me in local you are sure that this is all mine and made by me, ok? I'll never sell them because these is important for me, ill never buy an account for same reasone, ill do not like the aidea to create new accounts when there is a more concise way to solve the problem!  And this is not my problem of misunderstanding, that character nickname are actually account name and for each character i must pay extra. And because you acts like lazzy i must pay extra if i want some time to play on Epic and unable to use epic portal in future because differend accounts. Look in deeper.. I know there is some issues, but this is not such a big porblem to act with players as you do, will you learn already thats is not good for the game... And many people just dont want fight with your weird decisions, they just left the game, many ppl i know left the game bacause they just wont pend time to try change your decision, especially that devs will notice it and react are around 0.001% and instead of that you rather get many players hate because the dont care about your problem, they just want type enother useless message... Only one of you really ask why it bad for me, and i felt he realy care about it, the rest of the people behave as if I took candy from them, and in my opinion haters like that should be just banned from such threads.

Edited by Nelsy

If your account was never premed on Freedom, it will be deleted after 3 months. In that case, you may create a new account on the new server under the old name. If not, it will persist forever. So, as there is one login server and account database, you cannot reuse that account. Period. You may of course create variations of the account name sounding similar like Nelsyy or Nellsy or whatever. 

6 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

If your account was never premed on Freedom, it will be deleted after 3 months. In that case, you may create a new account on the new server under the old name. If not, it will persist forever. So, as there is one login server and account database, you cannot reuse that account. Period. You may of course create variations of the account name sounding similar like Nelsyy or Nellsy or whatever. 

Man, not only Freedom exists in this game, they all are prem on Epic, so they cant be deleted and actually i can play on Freedom with such accounts without any resrictions, i have just entre Epic portal but i donw want play on Freedom, i want play on new servers which feels like freedom. Read please all i wrote before, unfortunately you got no sense what im talking about

Edited by Nelsy

Epic is using the same login server and account database.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ekcin said:

You may of course create variations of the account name sounding similar like Nelsyy or Nellsy or whatever. 

I dont want to. As i explaned in this thread already. For example you have alt character on Epic cluster which are Vynora priest, its account are prem and you can enter Epic portal to visit Freedom cluster but you loose all your skills and itmes and have to lvl from scratch. In future new servers will merge to freedom like around 99% that why Devs dont want let people play on new servers with their current accounts becouse when they merge it to Freedom cluster all there would be conflict which skills players want save, which ones from new servers or old ones. But for me, for man who never played on Freedom, there is already outdated copy of my skills that they made on Xanadu release when let people to transfer from Epic to Freedom with some looses of theirs skills, and i dont care about this outdated copy of my character, right? I'd lile to play on Chaos server but there is many overlvled characters which i can beat only if they come to Epic. But new steam cluster sounds good for me because i can tryhard there and being competitive. But i dont want loose my Epic characters and all buildings they made so i have to sustain prem, all of them are payed prem for 2 month each and even after it expire id like to pay again for sustain things i made on Epic. BUT, In case you all guys suggest here for me, i must pay more accounts, just because there is some possible conflicts with Freedome which you lazy to figure out and i wrote in this thread already how you can do it, just let people choose what skills they want on merge, old ones or new from steam cluster to freedome cluster but now they should make portal to freedom to let ppl play with their original accounts from scratch on new servers like it acts between epic and freedome because actially its differend clusters for now and maybe they will connect them with Freedom in future, maybe. SO now if i make new accounts when they merge it to freedome i can't use Epic teleport to be able play my old characters in same time on Epic and Freedom like many people actually do now, because it would be differend accounts. And i have to pay for 14 accounts prems. Just think about this and you understant that is not suggestion but just joke and dirt in my face from you guys. Even i dont have 7 accounts but only one, pay for two accounts for no reason thats is just a joke and a spit in the face

Edited by Nelsy

30 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Epic is using the same login server and account database.

And why they should be deleted, in your opinion? Man im sorry, i dont wanna talk with you until you read all i wrote in this thread, unfortunately you dont understand basics of the game in the scope and basics of my proplem.. im sorry

Edited by Nelsy

It rather seems you do not understand the basic architecture of the user management of this game. I do not say it is perfect, but it is as it is. I have long advocated a skill retransfer from Epic to Freedom at a fair rate substracting advantages by faster action timer etc. , but I fear that such will not come anytime soon, yet I am still hoping for.

But even then, it would only allow you to play on Freedom and Chaos, not on the new server. That is in no way different from the situation of any other account holder in the game. Ok, this will be my last comment to that topic, I am awaiting your next six or more ones, will read them, but feel that everything has been said. And spare your personal attacks and aggression, PvP is on the servers, not in forums.

3 hours ago, Ekcin said:

It rather seems you do not understand the basic architecture of the user management of this game. I do not say it is perfect, but it is as it is. I have long advocated a skill retransfer from Epic to Freedom at a fair rate substracting advantages by faster action timer etc. , but I fear that such will not come anytime soon, yet I am still hoping for.

But even then, it would only allow you to play on Freedom and Chaos, not on the new server. That is in no way different from the situation of any other account holder in the game. Ok, this will be my last comment to that topic, I am awaiting your next six or more ones, will read them, but feel that everything has been said. And spare your personal attacks and aggression, PvP is on the servers, not in forums.

I never suggest to let me play on new servers with my current skills, i just told i dont care what i will lose on Freedom when they merge and override my character there because i am playing on Epic, but they acts like Epic doesnts exists and they dont take us into account. Ofcouse here is possible a little agression and im sorry about that. But take in count I lost already around 4 hours just to explain all you guys, because you still write something that points me that you do not undestand what i say because you didnt realy read the thread, you just read one message. And how i should feel when you all point me to create new characters and suggest me nicknames, Just read what i wrote, but you dont want to... I never ask you suggest me nicknames... I wrote to Devs my problem, not to you, because they told if here is still questions we can write it in this thread, but they never told people like you say somehting here against ppls questions to Devs, without at least read all thread. And you make their work harder to put all of this water in this thred, sure im angry it doesnt helps at all.. And your suggestion about nicknames sounds like "go kill your self you stupid bastard", are you really thinking the problem is just about nicknames? Dont be suprised if you get agression on back, if you respond like this: careless,  violate basic forum rules read before post just post message for post message not for help or understand, relosve.

Edited by Nelsy

For what it's worth, Keenan verified very openly in freedom chat yesterday that eventual merger is the eventual plan, as long as there are no critical issues such as those of economy or something else serious that arises as a foreseeable result of that merger. I thought it was pretty clear from Retro's comments I had re-posted that future merger was likely, but that seemed to get some upset in the thread for some reason. We're all just interested players trying to surmise the future of the game. This is the latest I can add as a basic player of any value here to hopefully clear the air. 

You have a WO account, not an Epic account. To play on the new server you will need a new WO account. These can not have the same names.

Epic is a part of WO.

New servers are a part of WO.

• Like 2

Trust me your gonna get a forum bann for attacking people.. Yes I've experienced it.....

13 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

You have a WO account, not an Epic account. To play on the new server you will need a new WO account. These can not have the same names.

Epic is a part of WO.

Here was too much flood, so i point to one message where i axplain more what i mean, and why this is wrong in case you didnt read it after edit.

Edited by Nelsy

2 hours ago, Nordlys said:

Epic is a part of WO.

I do not need new account to be able to play on Freedom servers, and this is not sounds weird for you, but why you then tell me this? If officially steam servers not gonna be Freedom cluster, why i cant use my current account and get in there thro new "Steam" Portal and play from scratch like it possible betwee Epic and Freedom? Why i cant choose to override my old character on Freedom in case you maybe in future decide to connect new servers to Freedom? Why other people which are really old players from Epic shold pay you for new account? Why old players from Freedom which do not want to everride their old characters cant create new one at the connection time which may not even happen? Maybe players should pay you in straight for purpose to do it right way istead create new useless accounts and sustain many accounts in same time just because you dont want do right and even cant explain it logicaly? Why i should pay extra accounts and ruin everything just because you do not want do things by right way? This is really so hard copy object of Epic portal and setup for its name for new Steam cluster, make some text edit to notifi ppl whats going on and then you have years to dicide how to do the merge with Freedom by fair way? I payed you guys for this portal in last month, this is joke work for few hours you dont want do, this is really stunning. This sounds like, hey we just made new server for Freedom but if you want play there create new account and pay us extra! I want pay extra but not like this, not for useless accounts but for you to do your work fairly to othrs players. This is not fair at all to ask us to create new acocunt without even logical explanation but for purpose: "MAYBE we connect these clusters but we do not know how do it right". But even you plan to connect and dont want say it now, this is not so hard to make as i told. Not hard at all and many people know it.

I really apologise if my words sounds aggressive, but i'm pretty calm down and grateful for the great game, i just afraid it unfair to ppl, many of them even dont know how it goes but when they know they just leave silent, im afraid about the game future and trying to help payng my time and attetion to importat things that may make players feel hurt. Unfortunly this is only way can deliver meanings about unfairness of things going on here.

Edited by Nelsy

3 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

why i cant use my current account and get there by new Steam Portal?

So you can't take your premium and silver, and database issues if they didn't when combining the 2

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

44 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

So you can't take your premium and silver, and database issues if they didn't when combining the 2

That is not something can't be solved out, even common arithmetic operations can solve it easely like: Freedom silver + new Steam silver, Freedom payed playtime + Steam payed play time, override character charactesistics and skills - thats all. In case you do not want override anything you just choose option "create new account" and then window with fields to fill will popup like when you change email ingame for your account but now you must point new nickname. Guys thats so easy, that make me laugh, and in same itme make me cry because you dont see it

Edited by Nelsy

2 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

That is not something can't be solved out, even common arithmetic operations can solve it easely like: Freedom silver + new Steam silver, Freedom payed playtime + Steam payed play time, override character charactesistics and skills - thats all.

What oblivionnreaver means is that if we decide to merge the clusters together later, there would be two separate amounts of skills that are a nightmare to try and combine (trust us, we did it once). Each character on all Freedom servers (North and South) must be unique. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

there would be two separate amounts of skills that are a nightmare to try and combine

but i do not suggest to combine, just override it in case some one want to override, if some one do not want, then let them make new account just in game on day of merge to Freedom. For me this is even not a question override or not, because im playing on Epic and thats why i see this issue, i really want to move to Freedom but this will be hard when everyone lvled there. And at the same reasone i started on Epic in 2013. But you sad that new servers will have same rules, no curve and etc, so there will be no such big trouble like was with Epic, the new and old players have the chance to megrate to Freedom at the end when you dicite merge, but they start in competitive environment. 

Edited by Nelsy

What oblivionnreaver means is that if we decide to merge the clusters together later, there would be two separate amounts of skills that are a nightmare to try and combine (trust us, we did it once). Each character on all Freedom servers (North and South) must be unique. 

When you are used to playing with several characters in past most likely you will want to repeat the same on new servers at the same time you will notice you have to create new accounts for them and support the old ones as well in order to keep deeds safe. Many old people when they clearly see this issue, they will refuse to play either on old servers or on new ones, just because they cant pay double payment, if they refuse to play on new ones, their online will sag and this is bad aswell. I talk to many old players from Epic and to be fair thay dont know how it will be, thay dont know many details, and i dont think they will like this, espeacially Epic players, or some new Freedom players that also want to start in competitive server from scatch but dont know now if theirs skills get higher than on main account before you dicide to merge them, but they dont want to pay for new account and sustain old one to not let their deed rob and decay before merge. So my opinion we just must let people choose, they want override or create new account when you start a process of merge new servers to freedom, but now will be enough just make a new portal type to get there, on new servers, like between Epic and Freedom and little notification that in future they have to create new account or override old one if merge will happens. And more i can say that your algorithms of merge skills already exists you just have to uptate it for new servers because there is no curve or enything differend from Freedom.

Edited by Nelsy

Each character on all Freedom servers (North and South) must be unique. 

But what if i want be unique (override old character) from the begining even if you do not want update algorithms of merge skills. I had my skills transfered from Epic to Freedom and this didnt work for me well, many people who used transfer are this still sustain their deeds on Epic, or even back to here after time or just play there sometime, but not me, i just still play on Epic. And if you ask: can we override your outdated copy of original Epic character on Freedom in order to make you able to use one account per character and availability to use epic portal to be able go back sometimes - ill say yes, sure.

Edited by Nelsy

Wasn't this raised for Release/Pristine opening as well? Were we able to move from Epic to the P/R cluster via portals before borders opened? I never set foot on Epic so i don't know if this was possible back then but it seems like similar scenario.

1 hour ago, Locath said:

Wasn't this raised for Release/Pristine opening as well? Were we able to move from Epic to the P/R cluster via portals before borders opened? I never set foot on Epic so i don't know if this was possible back then but it seems like similar scenario.

But this is not affect on gamplay of new server for new players, just let older ones to keep theyr deeds safe on other servers untill they will be connected. The problem with Epic and Freedom they cant be connected becasuse there was curve at the begining and many unique changes and they made algorithms to merge skills, that was hard indeed, but was only hard to decide to do so. If someone use Epic portal, he dont bring with him his skills or items - every skills sets to 1 like on new account just created whe you enter portal first time. For exaple, i still have friends on Epic who do not want play on new servers, and there is my alliance who will be sad to know i left them alone on their dragon hunts, and villages will be sad about thir village going to disband. So possbile they will stop play because they will left alone. That what happens when we talk about Epic servers, there not many ppl and will be even less. So this is hard choose and you must pay for both accounts, not many ppl can do it, especially when there is possibility to do it differend way by using one accont and portal system.

Edited by Nelsy

1 hour ago, Locath said:

So i playing almost alone on Epic, no one to trade with, hard to find ppl for dragon hunt and other evets, thats happened after Xanadu release and skills transfer which (not merge clusters) i dont ask to do. And now i know that some ppl i played with come to new servers, but they didnt even know that they have to create new accounts for all their alts and main char. So i just have to see how i left on the server alone without even possibility to have fun with some of my friends on new servers without disband everything i did before but that not only me that actually will affect on every one in wurm and will affect on disbands on old servers and online drop on new servers after month or two.

Edited by Nelsy

I think that i suggest here will be good for every one, no one will be sad about that, just little harder to implement.

I understand that this is not a topic for a proposal, just in the process of asking a question I received a lot of counter questions and rather unfair statements addressed to me that I had to explain.

21 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

I think that i suggest here will be good for every one, no one will be sad about that, just little harder to implement.

I understand that this is not a topic for a proposal, just in the process of asking a question I received a lot of counter questions and rather unfair statements addressed to me that I had to explain.

Well the answer to your question is that there are many different technical reasons why you will need to create a new character. The end result is that it will not be possible to transfer any existing character before the launch to the new servers. 

• Like 1

Q: Are there any benefits to playing through Steam?

A: Not really - the Steam client is mostly aimed at new players discovering Wurm through Steam. For our established players wanting to try out the new servers, we recommend using our standalone client.

@RetrogradeSo.. standalone client or steam for a not really new player?
I do like the steam platform, but I'm wondering how it will play out in the future (for Wurm).
Let's say.. Wurm Online decides to get rid of steam.. what's going to happen if I had an account made through them?

Edited by Taranis