Sign in to follow this  
Allurapre

[Issue] Character stays online after log off.

3 hours ago, Tilda said:

I see the tread is marked as resolved (and I thought it was too) but guess what, just found today my toons still have the problem. On deed, off deed, lotime message is 0 seconds or 60 seconds, whatever, always 5 min before the character actually leaves the server, is no longer visible and friends see they have disconnected.

I still find this happening very regularly to me as well.

Yeah its not new and not resolved, happened to me this morning it just stopped happening to them 😜

That's why it was noted as resolved by poster and not fixed and locked ;)

I'll remove the resolved by poster but it's difficult for me to troubleshoot it as it's not happening to me.

If it happens only sometimes to you and not always is there something that you can think of that may trigger it?

Do you travel alot before going to bed?  Do you eat too much?  Are you wearing green socks at the time? Did you cross servers or take portals?  Do you log out on ground floor or above or below?

Any specifics, including server, will help.

lol well I wasn't wearing green socks for sure. The time I thought it was resolved was when I first noticed it on priests at a sermon  group, and then it seemed to not be happening anymore after posting on here. Not honestly paid attention since until I accidentally noticed it again recently and posted again, so it may have been going on for awhile idk.

I have noted it now on all active characters, first on priests who don't ever do much of anything except pray and rarely leave deed so really no clue what could trigger it on them. My main does it too, and she leaves deed at times but no  server crossing or portals or anything like that. They mostly log out sleeping in beds but the priests sometime just log out at the altars if sb already full. Those are all on Pristine, but I've started paying attention and now see that newer toons on Cadence are doing it as well. Basically it feels like for some unknown reason the 'combat timer' kicks in, taking a full five minutes to fully log out, even though there has been no combat at all, and most weirdly even after the clients are defo disconnected as shown in task manager, and as I noted once in the past even after rebooting my machine, so it is not a client side issue I'd think? Not too worried if someone sees me as still online when Im not, but for the newbie characters it could be an issue if they can actually be attacked by mobs for example in those minutes. Good luck snooping out the problem.

2 hours ago, Alectrys said:

That's why it was noted as resolved by poster and not fixed and locked ;)

I'll remove the resolved by poster but it's difficult for me to troubleshoot it as it's not happening to me.

If it happens only sometimes to you and not always is there something that you can think of that may trigger it?

Do you travel alot before going to bed?  Do you eat too much?  Are you wearing green socks at the time? Did you cross servers or take portals?  Do you log out on ground floor or above or below?

Any specifics, including server, will help.

Honestly it's been happening to me for months and i cannot figure out rhyme nor reason. On exodus it happened every single logout without fail for months. Now on chaos its 50/50 but i can't see anything i'm doing that's different. Circumstances vary wildly as do results.

Just happened to a storage alt of mine too:

Console of alt:

[20:48:01] Goodbye.
[20:48:01] Exit.

Tim's event:

[20:52:58] Blixemtwo lost link.

[20:52:59] Blixemtwo left the world.

Alt was only online for a few minutes (trade with alliance mate), never left deed, no combat of any kind.