Sign in to follow this  
Allurapre

[Issue] Character stays online after log off.

If this is the wrong place for this post please move it to the correct sub-forum.

For the last week or so I have noticed that when I log my priest or other alt off, that they actually stay online for a full 5 minutes before I see the message that they have disconnected. Is anyone else seeing this issue or is it just me?

Happens from time to time for many years, happened to one of my alts just last night too

• Like 1

Different scenarios (like combat) can make your character loose link som minutes before it actually disconnects. If you type /lotime you can see the current time.

If you log out in a bed you get the timer before the game closes.

If you figure out that the /lotime dont correspond to what you experience, please let us know more detailed whats happening. Do you log off on deed for example?

9 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

If you figure out that the /lotime dont correspond to what you experience, please let us know more detailed whats happening. Do you log off on deed for example?

Theres no rhyme or reason for it in my experience, the client just somehow isn't telling the server you logged off so you end up logging off 5 minutes later because thats when your "connection" times out

• Like 1

I am on my deed, in an area that would not allow my character to be attack and so never in combat mode. The alt is a priest and I do my prayer then log out and it stays online for 5 minutes, all 3 of my priests do this.

Started a timer and it takes 5 minutes for her to disconnect. She is on my deed and I leave her at the altar because she is just praying everyday atm. She has full sleep bonus and as stated before she cannot be attacked so s not in combat mode when I am logging her out.

[15:15:46] Allurapre has logged in on Independence. Logged her in to do the /lotime then immediately logged out.

[15:16:09] You would leave the world in 0 seconds if you disconnected now.

[15:21:19] Allurapre lost link

[15:21:20] Allurapre left the world..

I also checked in my task manager and the wurm online process does terminate as soon as I log off.  Anymore information you need?  p.s. I think this started about a week ago.

Edited by Allurapre
start date of issue

I had it happen with my priest today. Had been sitting by an altar for most of the day, no combat and on deed, avatar didn't leave the world or irc - even though the client closed - until 5 minutes had passed.

I support the theories that say there are no theories. Devs aren't sure either

Edit: Happened again today. Client is closed, even according to taskmanager but his avatar is still in game for 5 minutes

Edited by neopherus

I don't see an issue here? Your /lotime was 0 seconds, and the character left the world immedietly

All you can do is just do /lotime every time before you log off and keep an eye on what it says i guess

Edited by atazs

7 hours ago, atazs said:

I don't see an issue here? Your /lotime was 0 seconds, and the character left the world immedietly

All you can do is just do /lotime every time before you log off and keep an eye on what it says i guess

Might want to read my post again then. I logged in  then 

[15:15:46] Allurapre has logged in on Independence. Logged her in to do the /lotime then immediately logged out.

I logged out at 15:16:09 then left the world at 15:21:19

On 6/12/2020 at 2:22 PM, Allurapre said:

Started a timer and it takes 5 minutes for her to disconnect. She is on my deed and I leave her at the altar because she is just praying everyday atm. She has full sleep bonus and as stated before she cannot be attacked so s not in combat mode when I am logging her out.

Is this character a part of the same deed? If not, then you can get a timer longer than 0.  Also, you don't necessarily have to be in full combat mode to trigger the timer. You could be in the same area that someone else could be say- moving a hell horse that attacks or what not, and still have to wait the 5 mins.

My priests that hold other deeds and actually reside at mine always have a timer logging out. It is never instant.

they're not talking about lotime theyre saying they're closing the client then 5 minutes later getting the lost link message because thats what the server timeout is set to

On 6/18/2020 at 6:46 AM, Allurapre said:

Might want to read my post again then. I logged in  then 

I logged out at 15:16:09 then left the world at 15:21:19

Ah so it's the .exe not closing down immedietly as it should.

Maybe update your java to the latest version? I don't know

I updated my java version and as soon as I logged out I check in task manager and the client shut down on my end. So my pc disconnects immediately when I log out.

Have seen the same thing in the last week or so, my alts hanging around for a sermon group. I relog them once a day, but they all stay online even after lotime, and task manager shows the clients are all closed. When I then log them back in they are simply reconnecting, not a fresh log in. This happened even when I logged all off and rebooted my pc, then logged them in again, they were all still there as though they had never logged off at all.

I was disconnected the other night on a highway, no enemies around, and reconnected an hour or so later.

I had died while disconnected and when I found my body, the nearest enemy was roughly 300+ tiles away, which I can assume means I was connected to the game still for a good 5+ minutes before it disconnected me, especially as the troll that killed me would of had to have fought me for at least 2-3 minutes.

Not the biggest pain but even during a full forceful disconnect, that is a problem.

been getting the same issues for all 4 of my accounts for the last week or so, all on deed no combat actions, and generally just standing around to check deed info. Java updated and like others once game is shut down nothing in the task manager.

Kind of glad Epic is dead and I no longer play over there cause this issue would kind of suck :)

Do anyone still have this issue if they log off using a bed?

yes, even with bed and on deed

just tried to log my alt out off deed and took around 6 mins to fully log out, yet a random disconect from server while traveling was instant log out.

Random disco [02:09:25] Helica lost link.[02:09:25] Helica left the world.[02:09:30] Helica has logged in on Xanadu.

then closed the client at around 02:09:40 then got [02:14:54] Helica lost link.[02:15:55] Helica left the world. (off deed in a cave)

as of tonight sleeping in a bed on deed gave both my toons instant log out, so yet to try with sleeping.

Edited by Azael
updated

I can only speak for myself but this is fixed now as far as I can see. All alts are instantly logging off.

1 hour ago, Allurapre said:

I can only speak for myself but this is fixed now as far as I can see. All alts are instantly logging off.

Did you change anything locally or client side?

This also appears to be fixed for me now. I did get a graphic driver update recently but no other changes beyond the game updates/patches.

Edit it appeared to be resolved at the time I posted this, but it is currently back, see later post :(

Edited by Tilda
updated

Has been happening to me for weeks and still is on all accounts. 

I see the tread is marked as resolved (and I thought it was too) but guess what, just found today my toons still have the problem. On deed, off deed, lotime message is 0 seconds or 60 seconds, whatever, always 5 min before the character actually leaves the server, is no longer visible and friends see they have disconnected.