Sign in to follow this  
christopher

rifts

there should be a wurm system vote were its a 80 per cent majority call when the rift is ended ,not just the big guns have had enough and end it prematurely ,this is were we go to gain n train when we are new .to pump up our skills. big guns have been ending rifts way before the 20 plus creatures are still alive at a few rifts lately,they cant leave or they miss out so they just end it ,seems rushed ,you are going for up to 3 hrs if thats to much dont go 

Is the skillgain even that good for rifts? I never seemed to be impressed the couple times I’ve looked at my skills after a rift. 

Also a big -1 so long as 100 rifts is still a journal goal. Some people have jobs and need to work/sleep. Travel plus 1 hr 30 min is bad enough. Still rewarding rift points and completion credit after logoff would fix that as well though. 

rifts used to be shorter, only 3 waves, and used to be 1.5-2 hours max unless nobody showed up. Now rifts are 4 waves and usually come close to 3 hours or more. That is a lot of time for some people to tie up, especially trying to do the journal 100 rifts.

+1 even tho you are going to get 10x or more skill gain cooling the unicorn swarm on xanadu, feel like most of the people will vote way earlier then those last 20 mobs you mention, 2 hours + travel it's way too much time to waste at 3am, if you have stuff going on other then wurm

• Like 1

-1 Rifts are not where you go to train when you're new. The FS from 100 CR creatures is crummy and the amount of ws gains is crummy at any point compared to the amount of time spent hunting mobs. Warmasters are considerably harder to kill then dragons or any unique, one of the last rifts I went to everyone ran out of cotton yet a few people insisted that they had to kill the WM to finish the rift rather then saccing hearts. I have no idea why. Lastly, at this current time, saccing hearts is the ONLY way to close the rift (unless you want to waste source salt), whether the mobs are dead or not. So your point is partially invalid on that point alone, rifters have to sac hearts anyways. It just sounds like they won't do it when you want them to?

Edited by Pingpong

3 hours ago, christopher said:

this is were we go to gain n train when we are new

no, if you did you did wrong

sacrificing hearts at altar is what advances rift's stage to next step 1-2-3-4->rewards

fs gain from rifts is 🦀crab.. compared to actively hunting normal mobs for an hour.

You can not hit the rift mobs, mostly you REALLY TRY HARD to rng roll the dice to get a hit on them.. focus mocus.. eventually you land a hit.. boring fights.. you barely get a few small ticks per rift.. you're just there to get a mm lump, bit of rift materials and +1 on your journal undoable in few years goal.

It's not even fun with the massive amount of mobs, nothing to happen by chance or to focus to get bonus points of rewards.. your best rng is to get a rift cooking recipe to learn(less cooking to discover for journal goal) or help a friend, idk if anybody buy them otherwise(they are useless).

13 minutes ago, Votip said:
3 hours ago, christopher said:

this is were we go to gain n train when we are new

no, if you did you did wrong

@chris You gain skill as you "punch" stuff, at rifts you get punched instead(unless you're skilling your low shield skill with a really high ql one).. you're wasting your time..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Finnn said:

fs gain from rifts is 🦀crab.. compared to actively hunting normal mobs for an hour.

I agree! I get much more skill gain from hunting trolls and champs in my local. No need to travel and plan around a rift time that is usually not even doable for me.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 6:07 PM, Pingpong said:

-1 Rifts are not where you go to train when you're new. The FS from 100 CR creatures is crummy and the amount of ws gains is crummy at any point compared to the amount of time spent hunting mobs. Warmasters are considerably harder to kill then dragons or any unique, one of the last rifts I went to everyone ran out of cotton yet a few people insisted that they had to kill the WM to finish the rift rather then saccing hearts. I have no idea why. Lastly, at this current time, saccing hearts is the ONLY way to close the rift (unless you want to waste source salt), whether the mobs are dead or not. So your point is partially invalid on that point alone, rifters have to sac hearts anyways. It just sounds like they won't do it when you want them to?

Insisting on killing Warmaster probably comes from the journal goal Picking up speed (one you get the choice of affinity from). There is that "Slay each rift creature".

I don't actually know if it means you must kill warmaster also, or only all the other types. I've always gotten it done without paying attention to that detail. But if warmaster is needed for the goal it would explain people's "need" to kill it.

If someone could confirm whether warmaster is needed for that part of journal or not, would be nice.

Edited by Nestangol
fixing wonky font
  • Like 1

I completed that journal level a while back and I can't remember for certain but I do believe the warmaster does count toward that goal.