Sign in to follow this  
Katrat

New weapons that can only be crafted at high skill levels.

Would like to see new weapons in general but I like the idea of needing a higher skill to make them.

I.e. a crossbow for 90 bowery, crossbow bolts for 90 fletching or a Katana for 90 weapon/blade smithing.  Not sure where maces and morningstars would fit in but would like see them too.

Don't really see how they'd fit into the game, crossbows especially. 

Also, it wouldn't be fun to have to grind these skills just to make a weapon that most likely won't be worth the effort. And then there's the possibility of them being made more powerful so they are worth it, but then everyone's forced to use them otherwise they're simply at a disadvantage.  

Katanas and maces would work better as skins 

• Like 1

Yeah I feel this suggestion is only going to benefit those up at the top and nobody else. Being able to maintain your weapons and other peoples for money is already good enough a reward, given the still alive market for weaponsmithing

Suggested allot and I must say, I wouldnt mind something to skill toward to also.

I don't sell imping service, so for me being very high in a crafting skill doesnt really mean all that much.

For weaponsmithing and bowery etc (anything combat related) they should be on par with the current weapons. Otherwise you are leaving to many people in the dust and semi-force them to buy more unique weapons to be fully min-maxed

I'm more for the idea of "unlocking" more decorative furniture at certain carpentry/fine carpentry/stone cutting/tailoiring skill levels.

Skilling a skill towards something that is only aesthetic is more balanced in my opinion, this way, people who dont have the required skill, dont feel like they are missing out on anything important besides some new decoration stuff.

• Like 3

I suggest they make some more dramatic skins where one can turn a longbow into the look of a crossbow and a large maul would skin as a morning star.  Wouldn't change the stats on the item at all, just looks way cooler.

3 hours ago, nicedreams said:

I suggest they make some more dramatic skins where one can turn a longbow into the look of a crossbow and a large maul would skin as a morning star.  Wouldn't change the stats on the item at all, just looks way cooler.

This would just lead to confusion, as going from a longbow to a crossbow is a big leap. While skins are great they still need to retain the overall shape/size of the vanilla weapon, especially considering size is one of the primary identifying features of gear in Wurm.

Hmm. I guess this falls under the "No because you can't please everyone" category. 

• Like 1