Sign in to follow this  
bolero3232

Can't find iron

I'm playing on a local server, haven't changed any settings.

I can't find Iron. I've found plenty of sandstone, salt, and even gold, but no Iron.

Did they overbalance the minerals?

5 hours ago, bolero3232 said:

I'm playing on a local server, haven't changed any settings.

I can't find Iron. I've found plenty of sandstone, salt, and even gold, but no Iron.

Did they overbalance the minerals?

If you're using the default map (Ocrea, for a creative server) then there is iron in predictable places.  If you tell me where you're mining, I can let you know how close you are to iron.  Some areas of the map have less than others, but pretty much every place has iron within 20 tiles.  Another option would be to get "LiveMap hax" so you can see ores when you are close to them, or "WurmESP" for the same purpose.

LiveMap hax: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/LiveHudMap/releases/download/1.8-hax/livemap-1.8-hax.zip

WurmESPhttps://github.com/encode32/WurmEsp/releases/latest

Edited by Batta

Yes, in the past it's been my experience that iron has always been plentiful and easily found early on. This is why I'm a bit confused.

I'm starting to worry that my starter pickaxe will break before I find ore. lol

Thank you Batta.

Just get this and use xray 

It shows all uncovered and covered veins near you underground within render distance. 

Edited by atazs

You can also just grind your prospecting a bit and then just prospect above ground or analyze rockshards underground to see if you can detect any iron before switching to wurmesp to track them down or using the minimap with ore showing capability

I thank you guys for your suggestions.

I was concerned that some updates had been done while I've been away that would account for my difficulties finding Iron. Batta was kind enough to  put me at ease with that.

Edited by bolero3232