Sign in to follow this  
Romadador

Steam Hype?

Steam  

136 members have voted

1. 1. What are your plans when the new Steam servers release?

• I am a player who hasn't played in some time and plan on partaking in the Steam servers upon release
    • I am a player currently playing and plan on playing on Steam servers upon release
    • I am a new player to Wurm and I am waiting for Steam release to play the game
    • I will not play on the Steam server, but will continue to play on the current servers.
    • What is Wurm?
    • I plan on playing on both clusters.

News probably around the corner since I assume they were waiting to make sure the Celebration move was successful, which by all accounts it looks like it was.

• Like 1

well Deli just went down so hope that has nothing to do with the Cele move

My plans are to stay away from anything WO, steam or otherwise.

Not going to give them any more of my money or time after how they treated the WU community.

2 minutes ago, bdew said:

My plans are to stay away from anything WO, steam or otherwise.

Not going to give them any more of my money or time after how they treated the WU community.

Then why are you on the forums if you say you are staying away from it all?

1 minute ago, wipeout said:

Then why are you on the forums if you say you are staying away from it all?

Because those forums are also a home for the WU community, despite being abandoned by CodeClub.

I wonder if they quit updating WU because the Modders pretty much fixed a lot of things?     Also for my name Ill just add another R..  SO  Puncherr...er...er..er.er :)

2 hours ago, puncher said:

I wonder if they quit updating WU because the Modders pretty much fixed a lot of things?     Also for my name Ill just add another R...

I'd like to list my name too but I think that some troll will claim it before I get a chance.

On 6/8/2020 at 1:16 PM, Cayce said:

Returning player and planning to only play on the new servers. I don't mind the grind at all (but then, my highest skill is like 70 Carpentry and digging, will be easy to get back to)

It always bothered me that even if you found a nice spot on an old server and started to dig a mine, you would ALWAYS find old tunnels, often totally screwed. One of the first experiences in Wurm years ago was that my partner accidentally created a dropshaft, and fell down. He tried to mine out, but it was veeeeery far down (we lived on a mountain at that time) and it would have taken days to mine out if he would have known in what direction to go. So he killed himself and lost all his stuff.

So, I will dig a beautiful mine with flat floor and reinforced walls where you need them :D 
And of course do a lot of exploring of the "wild" and unclaimed land. I'm also looking forward seeing players build up a hopefully great community on the new servers.

I was in the same boat dug into someone elses mine or my landlord did i forget and i had to strip off all armour all items drop them ahead of me climb up using as little stamina as possible past the stuff till i could just barely reach it, pick up turn around drop it ahead and rinse and repeat over and over up a very very steep drop shaft m i made it out with everything thank gods someone told me how to do it when i asked on forums, chat or other somesuch help source and it worked.. so in case it ever happens again to someone you know... but it can be done.. was a very long process... i am returning and looking forward to a fresh start with fresh ideas and players and the Wurm experience like no other game can provide and I constantly try to prove that wrong by trying out other games... but here i am again.. happy wurmin

I

• Like 2