Sign in to follow this  
Romadador

Steam Hype?

Steam  

136 members have voted

1. 1. What are your plans when the new Steam servers release?

• I am a player who hasn't played in some time and plan on partaking in the Steam servers upon release
    • I am a player currently playing and plan on playing on Steam servers upon release
    • I am a new player to Wurm and I am waiting for Steam release to play the game
    • I will not play on the Steam server, but will continue to play on the current servers.
    • What is Wurm?
    • I plan on playing on both clusters.

I have taken a step back from Wurm along with my friends about 1-2 year(s) ago. Most of us had RL get in the way and Wurm has been put on the back burner. However, with the announcement of the new Steam cluster some months ago, it lit the Wurm fire in us once again, We are anxiously awaiting the release so that we can experience again the unique experience that Wurm brings. 

Now that we are coming ever closer to the eventual Steam release of the game, I wanted to see how many other players are expecting to return and take part in this new untouched landscape. 

If you are planning to return, what do you expect to accomplish in the first months following release?

I am anticipating exploration of the new land, finding a nice spot for my circle to develop much like that when Xanadu released (We owned most of the small island off the coast of the mainland in SW Xanadu). I am also looking forward to the new grind of fresh characters alongside everyone else. It will be a challenge I was unable to be a part of when Pristine/Release came about. I am hoping to see a lot of familiar faces and take part in the development of highway systems and building this new land alongside the community. :)

If you aren't planning on playing on the new cluster, feel free to share stories about building the servers that currently stand today!

Edited by Romadador

"Im a player currently playing and plan on playing on OG WO servers and Steam servers upon release" would be my answer to that.

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

"Im a player currently playing and plan on playing on OG WO servers and Steam servers upon release" would be my answer to that.

Good point! I added a choice for that. :)

What is wurm? Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No more.

I'll be there on the new servers, enjoying that homestead and exploration period :P

• Like 2

Cant wait to read the reviews  , steam users are not kind ...

Just hope steam does not edit them ...

Hype Level: -1

If I wanted to start over and re-grind everything, I'd be up for it.  However, that's just not me.

7 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

If I wanted to start over and re-grind everything, I'd be up for it.  However, that's just not me.

Totally understandable. Had it not been for my lengthy absence I'm sure I would share the same sentiment.

Returning player and planning to only play on the new servers. I don't mind the grind at all (but then, my highest skill is like 70 Carpentry and digging, will be easy to get back to)

It always bothered me that even if you found a nice spot on an old server and started to dig a mine, you would ALWAYS find old tunnels, often totally screwed. One of the first experiences in Wurm years ago was that my partner accidentally created a dropshaft, and fell down. He tried to mine out, but it was veeeeery far down (we lived on a mountain at that time) and it would have taken days to mine out if he would have known in what direction to go. So he killed himself and lost all his stuff.

So, I will dig a beautiful mine with flat floor and reinforced walls where you need them :D 
And of course do a lot of exploring of the "wild" and unclaimed land. I'm also looking forward seeing players build up a hopefully great community on the new servers.

• Like 2

i dont see an option " i dont play and i wont play"

I will put an extra year.of.upkeep on my deeds, pack my stuff and let my main deprem and play exclusively on the steam servers as a priest main, @Etherdrifterstyle. No alts, no imping. Work with my village/kingdom and just live freestyle.

• Like 4
  • Cat 1

On 6/10/2020 at 5:53 AM, Angelklaine said:

I will put an extra year.of.upkeep on my deeds, pack my stuff and let my main deprem and play exclusively on the steam servers as a priest main, @Etherdrifterstyle. No alts, no imping. Work with my village/kingdom and just live freestyle.

this last part same here going mag priest to just mine and strongwall and be part of a village

so uh...

why all this silence?

is the release of "mid summer 2020" gonna be scrapped? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quicktor said:

so uh...

why all this silence?

Who knows? When i bring it to their attention all i get is that "it's isn't mid 2020 yet that will be july" and other denials

That being said i was told we will get news this week so fingers crossed for a release date, because it's about time if they want to keep the mid 2020 release. 

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1

Its gonna be like bridges , I can just see it 😜 - next year June so still middle of the year

• Like 1

Probably depends on how the server move today works. If everything works fine and the new hosting provider proves to be good I can see the steam release getting a good step closer.

• Like 2

Just now, Cayce said:

Probably depends on how the server move today works. If everything works fine and the new hosting provider proves to be good I can see the steam release getting a good step closer.

This would be the only thing that has a slight concern, but I assume that they'll have put a bit of thought/money towards better servers in prep for the Steam release...

We'll more than likely stick to the regular servers for the time being, though curious to see how everything goes and what the influx of players will be like. Hoping that all the servers get a bit of boost in population too, but nothing that will be too crazy.

It has been announced already that the new servers should be based on a cloud situated solution for a couple of reasons. At that time, AWS was the planned provider which has proven non viable. Therefore I strongly assume that the experiences with the new provider are waited for and evaluated before the final go for the launch. I do not expect the new servers being rolled out on Hetzner infrastructure unless there is no other choice.

• Like 2

OK so listen up peeps.  I will be playing on steam.. With the same Puncher name.  When it comes out Id be more then happy to join with Vets and Newbs to CONQUER the new world for the WURM glory..and massive dopamine kicks I get.  HUZZZAHHH

4 minutes ago, puncher said:

OK so listen up peeps.  I will be playing on steam.. With the same Puncher name. 

Unless you already used it in WO ....  they said no name duplication between WO/Steam, I assume in case they merge servers later 

You could maybe be Steampuncher 😛

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

On 6/8/2020 at 11:01 PM, Etherdrifter said:

Hype level -2 also, could do... but what's the point, will be more fun to start another game..

so "old cluster" it is

23 minutes ago, puncher said:

With the same Puncher name. 

No you won't.

6 hours ago, Quicktor said:

so uh...

why all this silence?

+1

@staff?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Quicktor said:

so uh...

why all this silence?

48 minutes ago, Finnn said:

+1

@staff?

I wanna know too.

+1

@staff?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, atazs said:

That being said i was told we will get news this week so fingers crossed for a release date

I'd give a few more days in hopes atazs' info is good....

14 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I'd give a few more days in hopes atazs' info is good....

cBkd4q1.png

I'd say it's good, and assuming Cele continues to perform well it'll hopefully be the kind of news we're looking for. 

Patience!

• Like 2